Any TR using the "improved" Striker or Banshee?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sternn58, Jan 3, 2015.

1. player16

Improved i did not notice the "" against planes liberators over a base, and close close tanks it stills does damage as the phoenix, but hard to hit anything someone noticed that the phoenix now reloads while you guide the missile nerf it! as you made the striker useless, well still holds it damage and against maxes awesome also but losing the lock on is like ultra nerf i guess they did it for the Valkyrie, but how many people uses Valkyries anyway.
  2. Liewec123

i use Striker on my TR
    1. for AA its amazing.
    2. for AV it is great for getting you kill credit since the damage is spaced out,
    if several people are shooting rockets at a vehicle and yours are constantly tickling away, you are more likely to get the final hit in.
    3. it looks cool ;)

the only downsides are the lack of AI potential (if you're one of those annoying clones who spam rockets in AI fights),
    and the need to stay visible to your target while you fire off the rockets rather than firing a single rocket and ducking for cover.

and lets be real, the old striker was ridiculously OP.
    this version seems great but balanced.
  3. player16

it is no more op in damage than the other es rocket launchers what it had was that awesome lock on that people did not counter with flares of smoke. Against aa you are in the ground surrounded by tress and not moving is not like the coyote or the lib back rocket launcher; against liberators you almost cannot miss if they are close enough if you hit with 3 or 4 of the rockets most of the time you are doing more damage than with the standard lock on or dumb fire, more rocket speed will help a lot against ground and air targets, and against maxes is awesome, it seems to still do its 2500 damage against vehicles.
  4. Lord_Avatar

I don't use the Banshee, so no input here.

As for the Striker - I'm a fan of ES weaponry, so it's more of an RPG (no pun intended) thing for me than anything else. At close range the Striker is fine; anything beyond that - don't bother. If it could track ground vehicles as well - that might make it somewhat more useful (even though it's radius of "awareness" is quite laughable).
  5. Xind

I really love the Striker. Concept and appearance. I kind of miss the beeping and tone sounds from the PS1 striker, though. Could it be better? Absolutely, but damage is the one thing I don't think it needs...more like damage potential.

I would absolutely love it if it tracked ground vehicles? But wouldn't that become kind of HAX? Ground vehicles don't have nearly the ability to move like air can.
  6. FrozenCustard

Striker seemed to be in a good place, and the only thing I would change is the standing and not moving COF so that velocity can be put to work on vehicles.
  7. Lord_Avatar

Well - Harassers, Flashes and Lightnings (with Racer) are fast enough to dodge Striker volleys at medium ranges (up close it wouldn't make a difference anyway) and it's not lock-on type homing either. You still need to aim and predict where the target will be unless it's stationary.

My gripe is that the Striker offers next to no long range capabilities and the auto-tracking feature could help with that. The Phoenix is wire-guided and the Lancer is as hitscan as PS2 allows - both perform rather well from what I gather.

The TR are lacking in "non-CQC" AV rather badly. I think a noticeable velocity buff to both the Striker and the Fractures would do the trick without "overclocking" either of them (should adding ground tracking functionality to the Striker prove to extreme).
    • Up x 2
  8. Xind

Although I am in favor of a velocity buff, I'm not sure that would improve AV at the ranges Ravens and Lancers perform at. The projectiles would need a long life time and a pretty wide buff to acquisition range which would make it a nightmare at close/medium range. We might just need a new AV weapon aimed at longer range combat.
  9. CorporationUSA

It's a deterrent, and that's how it should be when it heat-seeks the target. If someone wants to outright kill an ESF before it can run away, they either need to get together with others and have 2 people using strikers(maybe 3, not sure if it kills in 2 mags), or use the decimator.
  10. Lord_Avatar

We're not getting one anytime soon, so...

Actually - Fractures might be a more pressing problem than the Striker though. The Striker is an ESRL and just like the Phoenix/Lancer it's well... empire-specific. The Fractures on the other hand are T2 MAX AV which are *meant* for long-range AV duty and they fail at it - rather badly might I add.

They need somewhat less drop and a higher velocity. Making them a tad more accurate wouldn't hurt either.
    • Up x 2
  11. Takoita

For something to be a 'deterrent' in this game, it needs to pose a serious risk of getting the target killed. If the result of landing 100% of your shots is the ESF returing less than two minutes later because you only tickled it, then the weapon is insufficient.
    • Up x 1
  12. CorporationUSA

Good point. Maybe not a deterrent, it's an an inhibitor(for lack of a better word). It's still the best G2A launcher to have if you're being farmed by ESFs.
  13. Takoita

I kind of both agree and disagree with this. On one hand, Striker is certainly the easiest to land shots with in that situation.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem to do much of anything. :(
  14. BobSanders123

1) Buy this
    [IMG]
    2) Buy Striker
    3) Buy any white camo
    4) Run around and hipfire striker

Congratulations, you are now an Imperial Stormtrooper. You can't hit anything worth a crap, but you look pretty bad ***.
    • Up x 2
  15. CorporationUSA

I guess it's kind of just a close range lock-on, except without a counter(unless flares are used preemptively). Lock-ons are extremely effective when multiple people use them at once, except they are countered by both flares, and fuel pods. 2 people with Strikers and could probably kill an ESF pretty easily.

It has the lock-on functionality too, which actually is a deterrent when the ESF doesn't have flares...except if there is nothing else deterring me, I tend to hunt down the person with the G2A launcher pretty mercilessly(and I don't even use flares).
  16. Blippy

Banshee users have still killed me faster than I could comprehend that I had even been shot at, so it doesn't sound like it had been nerfed that hard. Unless you can't aim.
  17. Halkesh

As a VS, I still see a lot of banshee, but since the render vision change (infantry can be hit at more than 300 meters) TR tend to use lolpods over banshee.

About the striker, I've saw it rarely. (maybe I can't make a difference between striker and fracture ?) But against tank, it's a crappy weapon : it should be able to hit vehicle within 300 meter : I think phoenix is better in damage, range and accuracy.
  18. p10k56

Its not about distance. Banshee now is worst AI nose gun.
    It has too big COF to be effective on longer distance with now nerfed splash.
    Not to mention pathetic mag size.

But yes I am looking forward to VS and NC AI canon nerf now, what a glorious QQ will it be:D
  19. xMaxdamage

I dont fly and only play HA with MCG and striker for the ES love.

striker is by far the worst launcher in the game. it's not situational since you can't find a proper niche of usage, it's just bad.
    the only thing you can do better than other launchers (lancer aside) is hitting a parked galaxy from over 9000 miles.
    vs air it has not enough velocity to hit fast targets, you have to predict too much and will miss if the driver doesn't fly in straight line (95% of the times, if he otherwise does fly in straight line then he's dead regardless of your striker's fire).

vs ground you can use the nice little drop to semiauto it and obtain something similar to a fracture rocket launcher, but you will be extremely more usefull with a standard G2G lockon/annhilator because of the tremendous amount of TTK you are forcing the weapon to. ppl seems to forget that the ground lock-on range of launchers is actually pretty much long considering the normal fights.

you see an hostile flash driving in open ground? take out your G2G/annhi/lancer, aim and get the kill. you have a striker? sucks to be you cause you will do no damage since your absolutely not gonna hit it with more than 1 rocket.

you know there's an NC MAX with half HP camping that entrance that will instagib you as you cross the door? you have a dumb fire RL? enter and get an easy kill on the fat target. hell even a lancer can do that by charging the lazor while entring. do you have a striker? LOL sucks to be you again, youd better fire at it with your main weapon while you try to avoid the 1HKOs flying toward you.

you unloaded a rocket/a mag of striker rockets in the *** of a tank, he sees you and you hide behind a rock, with the tank on the other side. got a dumbfire/lancer launcher? let him take a guess on where you gonna shoot from, if you got it right you'r gonna damage it taking no damage. got a striker? LMAO! good luck hitting the tank with all your rockets, you will be dust after firing the second one.

you want to go rocket primary and enter the room serving a 1hko rocket that will instagib someone and make a bit of wonderful splash damage to others, then switch to your primary and kill everything that still lives? you can do this with a dumbfire RL, but you cant with a striker/phoenix/lancer.

striker just has all the downsides, it's not fun and it's not usefull for your team. don't use it unless you are someway "forced to" by ES duties. (lol)
    • Up x 3
  20. FieldMarshall

[IMG]
    • Up x 3