Any OP weapons for TR like NC and VS have.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LocuraTotal, Oct 10, 2016.

1. The Shady Engineer

I think the TR equivalent of 200 damage weapons would be the 125/850+ rpm weapons, which there are only 2- Lynx and TORQ.

The widespread 40 round magazine capacity as a faction trait would be equivalent to having a widespread arsenal of 167 damage/600+ rpm weapons methinks.
  2. Newlife1025

Nc op? Is this a joke? Im guessing you went up against the best of the best Nc or else you wouldn't have posted. If i remember correctly, our theme is damage and shotguns. Now we do do high damage, but thats counted by the hugh recoil. I tested an ns weapon and over compensated for the recoil and was surprised by how easy it was to handle. Secondly, out maxes can be countered by standing a few feet away. Calling nc op is a joke. Dont even get me started on the actual blue berries.
  3. Jawarisin

If you're good at shooters, you can figure that one out yourself. But based on what he said above, he's not asking for a counter. He's just crying about anything and everything.

And being good at a shooter means you got good reflex, eye-hands coordination and the right thought pattern. None of which that guy possess. Not to mention, he can't do math.
  4. Ryme_Intrinseca

Plus Armistice and Shuriken. Sirius and Blitz are near misses (845 RPM).
  5. The Shady Engineer

The guy I responded to was talking about carbines and ARs so I stuck to that theme but yeah, you're right, Armistice is in that category too.

I wish we had an LMG like that too. 125 damage, 850+ rpm, 100 round drum, fast (er than average) reload. Somebody should start a campaign to Lynx-ify the Rhino. :D
    • Up x 1
  6. Savadrin

That's because your MAXes are too stupid to know how to use the Infinity Shield to their advantage.

I've hit MAXes head on with my harasser at full speed with shield active, and all it does is punt them off the battlefield. They don't die if the shield is up.
  7. Savadrin

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FAILSTORM?!
  8. The Shady Engineer

Less than 845 rpm for that damage model is heresy!

The weapons engineers in charge of designing the Failstorm sure have failed the Republic.
  9. Gundem

Uh, apparently not the Keklone, Crackhammer, Gauss, Anchor, Scattmax, Bandit, Mercenary, Gauss Rifle Burst, GD-22, GD-22s, GD-7F or basically any other NC weapon since all of them are at least decent.
    • Up x 1
  10. PanzerGoddess

lol....the trap.....lol....someone actually is trying to say the trap is OP.....lol.....now Ive seen it all.
    • Up x 1
  11. ColonelChingles

Compared to the other two faction-specific sniper rifles, the Railjack and Phaseshift, the TRAP gets more kills per hour. So if you determine the "best" weapon to be the one that kills the most enemies per hour of usage, then the TRAP is superior to the Railjack and Phaseshift.
    • Up x 2
  12. Newlife1025

Infinity shield? It doesn't work like that. The shield now takes a certain amount of damage until it breaks. Well thats what ive seen on ps4. I tried shielding to stop a man turret. After a couple of seconds, i saw a bar to my left that was almost empty, after it was done, my shield broke and i had to find cover.
  13. Savadrin

This is the saddest thing I've read all day. For one, the RAMS 50 is the analog to the railjack, not the trap.

Obviously it doesn't actually last forever. But it can withstand MBT AP rounds, roadkills...basically anything it's facing and the MAX can escape to close cover without even taking damage. But I rarely see it being used properly.
  14. ColonelChingles

It's just a comparison of the empire-specific sniper rifles, of which there is only one set. The analog to the Railjack would be the TRAP, not the RAMS .50M. The correct analog to the RAMS .50M is the NC's Longshot (as they are literally identically performing weapons).

A similar situation was when the TR had the Vulcan-H as their Harasser weapon while the NC had the Enforcer and the VS had the Saron. Those were all analogs as they were the empire-specific AV Harasser options.
    • Up x 3
  15. Moz

RAMS 50 = Longshot if memory serves me?
  16. MajiinBuu

Correct. Also the VS equivalent is the Parallax.
  17. GuhMaster2512

Yes but comparing the TRAP to a long range sniper rifle doesn't really make sense since the TRAP is more like a mid-range scout rifle.
    • Up x 1
  18. Savadrin

This is what I was getting at. The railjack is a long range and the TRAP is not.
  19. LaughingDead

The defaults for VS and TR along with the gauss SPR are all categorized as sniper rifles even though they do very little extra compared to their scout rifle equivalent. Rifles really need a look at.

The phoenix is the equivalent to the striker and lancer, but they all perform VERY differently. But you would still have to compare them to each other since there is no real counterpart to any of them.

Railjack compared to the longshot is (pun intended) a long shot, since both have different damage ranges, methods, strategies and places of use. Phaseshift is better in medium ranges where the battles range is constantly shifting so you can adapt from squad play to killing solo, railjack is better for extreme ranges, like render range (which I find rather stupid) and trap has the most common scenario of close to medium ranges which happens in almost every single fight in the game.

Personally I'd like to see the ES snipers get some work done; carbon copies are never fun to play with on all factions and with the specialized snipers, kinda feels unfair. The railjack feels too specialized for the uncommon, the phaseshift was supposed to get a buff and the trap is also getting a buff. If the railjack is so great then how come it's the least in kills per hour compared to the other two? (granted for the phaseshift thats a slight margin but the trap already has it higher than both)
    • Up x 2
  20. Savadrin

I feel like the TRAP's range probably lends itself to a higher KPH because of target saturation and ease of use due to bigger targets. I've never used the railjack but I hear people hate the delay. I honestly don't spend enough time behind the scope at range to comment on all the rifles
    • Up x 2