[Suggestion] any chance we can unnerf the carv?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Doogle, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Doogle

I am getting tired of having to use a nanite systems weapon or a poor mans EM6/SAW-S as my main LMG.

I dont know what they did to the horizontal recoil of the carv but that random jitter needs to go, if you feel 50 more shots is too OP compared to the Orion then fine remove it, not like the TR LMGs have any unique faction trait anyway.

Its frustrating how much better the LMG selection is on the other empires is with the Orion/LSW/SVA or the NC6/EM6/Anchor I cant think of a single damn TR LMG that isnt gimped in some way compared to these weapons.
    • Up x 7
  2. YesNoMaybe

What they did was change the horizontal recoil min/max value from 0.2 to 0.225

Not really sure why they changed it to be honest, it didn't seem op to me.
  3. HamOnRye

I have to agree. As a VS I like my Orion for CQC (the thing practically purrs in my hands), and I like my flare for open field work. The SV-88 is excellent as is the Pulser LSW.

For the TR however there is only the TMG-50. The Carv left me extremely frustrated and I was extremely happy to put the damn thing away when I got the 50.
    • Up x 2
  4. Bennybones

Give all the TR LMGs advanced foregrip and the problem is virtually solved. It's easy to forget what a difference advanced foregrip can make. Also, why one earth doesn't the Bull and Rhino have 698 RoF? I demand justice! For the children!
    • Up x 3
  5. mazty

But the Carv and the Carv S are just fine.

Jk. They are completely ****. The devs obviously don't play as TR. Since releasing the gun stats, it's clear just how **** the Carv and Carv-S are.
    • Up x 1
  6. lilleAllan

LOL why the **** would you want an anchor instead of a CARV?
  7. LeBigJimbo

More damage?
    Accuracy?
    Ability to kill rather than just make noise?
    • Up x 2
  8. KnightCole

Lol, it really wasnt. I played with it early on just after release and pre nerf and after nerf. Yeah, I could tell the difference. PreNerf I was able to hold the fire button down and get a single long burst into targets for a kill. I could even do that to moving targets. Granted, the gun was never really long ranged(most my kills were med-short range), but it was very capable in those distances.

I still died alot despite firing first in many situations, but the gun was atleast capable in most instances I used it.

After the nerf, yeah, I couldnt really hit anything with it. That 25% more recoil mixed with the bad TR x3 shot multipliers, mixed with low damage equaled death for me many, many, many more times over then before they nerfed it

Some might think im just a bitter old TR, but naw, im just sayin, what SoE did to the CARV was a bit of overkill. Now as my NC guy the only time I die to a CARV is if the guy catches me totally off guard or after I was hurt...that or he got me 2-1 the hard way or something. But 1-1, I have been hit first and still won with hte NC guns.

T9 CARV was overnerfed....if it was to be nerfed, maybe 10% more recoil, 0.2 up to 0.21 maybe, but 225...yeah, it made the gun noticeably worse.
    • Up x 2
  9. Konfuzfanten

If you do most of your fighting between zero-50 meters the Carv is as good as the Orion. The 100 mag makes you able to engage multiple(+4) targets and kill them without reloading while the Orion/MSW-R needs to reload losing precious killing time.

Got a room with 4-5 enemies?
    Concussion grenade+Carv = a cleared room.

Concussion grenade+Orion/MSW-R = 2-3 dead guys and then you reload/run or die.

That 750 RoF with a 100 mag is really powerful if you play to its strengths.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bennybones

No one is complaining about the 750 RoF+100 mag. The problem is that there is too much random jumping due to the horizontal recoil. Even at 15+ m it severely damages your ability to take down the enemy. I have had awesome runs with the Carv 9 where everything stays consistent and I did really well. Then other times it jumps all over the place and it's as if you can't hit the broadside of a barn. Advanced foregrip and I'll be happy as a clam. And with the twitch changes it won't even be OP! Ahmagawd.
  11. lilleAllan

Anchor has the same damage output as the mercenary in CQC >_>
    I'd reckon the CARV out damages it.

CARV accuracy is good enough for close/mid. I'd use neither the Anchor nor CARV if I wanted to engage on longer ranges.
  12. Konfuzfanten

a) The Carv needs worse recoil then the Orion/MSW-R. In CQC its a huge advantage that you dont need to reload after 50 bullets.
    b) below 30 meters the recoil with ADS is barely noticeable, atleast in my own experience.
    The whole "Advanced foregrip" thing:
    Then you have a weapon with better accuracy, 2x the mag size and the same dmg+ROF as the Orion/MSW-R.

Personally i think the SAW is a really really powerful weapon because of the near zero vertical recoil with advanced foregrip, but atleast it got worse CQC ability because of the lower dmg output/RoF.

You can compensate for recoil, you cant compensate for running out of bullets.
  13. YesNoMaybe

Regarding a) The Carv S and MSW both had their horizontal recoil changed from 0.2 to 0.225 along with the Carv. The Orion has remained the same at 0.2
  14. Bennybones

A, It is awesome to have 100 bullets in CQC, no argument there.
    B, I'd disagree.

You can compensate for vertical recoil or one side recoil, but not side to side. That's where the whole accuracy/CoF thing comes in to play and is one of the big reasons why the Orion is so good. In theory it might sound like having more bullets would make up for it, but seeing as how the lack of accuracy means you're dead it'll be difficult to make use of them.

Give the Carv advanced foregrip, give the Orion/MSW the same, heck, give them advanced laser sight. I see no issue at all with the high RoF LMGs being more accurate at medium/close range. They're still not going to be astonishing at longer ranges due to the high RoF and low damage. As far as I'm concerned the MSW and Orion should be carbon copies of each other, they're not. The Carv should have the advantage of more bullets but worse ADS and worse CoF. The increase in ADS movement speed is absolutely worth it if you're capable of strafing. If the MSW had the same stats as the Orion it would be worth using, currently it doesn't and is pretty much a worse choice than the Carv, which in turn is a worse choice than the Orion. You could also just take the Orion and lower it's RoF. I mean, that's the heart of the issue isn't it? The TR is supposed to be the high RoF faction yet our high RoF LMGs are currently inferior to the Orion. They should at least be equal. It could also be possible to remove the side to side recoil from the Carv, making it just pull to the right, would help a bit.

Just, for the record, I am not actually advocating that the Orion should be nerfed. Not at all. I'm simply making a point that it's superior to the TR equivalents and that doesn't seem reasonable to me. And obviously, people have great success with these weapons, it's not like the Carv or the MSW are broken, there just seems to be an unnecessary gap.
    • Up x 1
  15. Bennybones

16. LibertyRevolution

17. TintaBux

Yup.

The T9 is the better weapon @ CQC within 30m, the SAW is better past that but most of the fighting is done in between 30m between infantry.

The T9 is actually my favorite weapon over any of the NC LMG's within that 30m, if you go head to head with a saw you will win unless poor shooting, the ROF means its far more deadly within that 30m.

Some of the stats in the original post are also incorrect, so the myth being solves here is false.

You can also add that the TR HA has higher stats than the NC, and if you take into account most players are using the stock weapon (Saw & T9) then you also see the trend of the T9 being more effective and useful, because the battles that happen within that 30m the T9 is much more useful.

I hate to say it but I really do feel TR are just trying to get a buff on the T9 here when there is nothing wrong with it compared to other factions default HA weapons, it's a deadly weapon and does not need changing.
  18. LeBigJimbo

19. LibertyRevolution

Fallowing that logic... I would get killed more by Orion than solstice, right? o_O

It is like this, SAW great if play at range, burst fire, and ADS.
    Carv is great for spraying while jumping up and down and ADADADA... you don't even need aim to kill with it..
  20. LeBigJimbo

Erm, no, not at all.
    It means you fight TR more than anyone, and the few vanu you fight like to get better guns, This is reinforced by the trac and P2 being your 2nd and 3rd most killed by weapons.
    And no, you are absolutely wrong about the carv. jumping with it makes it perform miracles of physics as the bullets come out the barrel at 60 degrees and somehow miss the guy 3 ft ahead of you. Just post a clip if you doubt what I'm saying.
    • Up x 1