Any advice for a new HA?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by lp998, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MaxDamage

Re-roll Barbarian.
  2. Cromell

One more thing. When you get more experienced as a heavy, and you'll decide to use the resist shield, there's one more option for your suit slot. Namely, the Advanced Shield Capacitor. Maxed out (which is pretty cheap to do) shortens the time you need to wait for your shield to recharge from 10 to 6 seconds. Along with the resist shield and medkits, you can get back to the fight much faster. Nanoweave is great to increase your survivability, but ASC will dramatically decrease your downtime between each enemy encounter. I only recommend it once you get a general grasp of your class and how to lead the combat in such a way, you simply won't need additional health points.
    • Up x 1
  3. MD_Geist

I really like heavy assault, but just plain get more kills per death as anything but heavy assault even with it decked out pretty well. I'm beginning to wonder if the LMGs available to TR just suck. Why can't I get a black market Orion?
  4. DashRendar

Good point on the iron sights, I use irons most of the time now. Although I hate the irons on VS, so that's why I suggested an upgrade sight.

I own the laser on all primaries, but lately I've found the results to be better when using grip. The laser only tightens the hip CoF by I think 30%, and then you have to factor in the CoF bloom which gets doubled on any primary that is not an SMG, so you will still lose out to enemies who have SMGs or enemies who are able to aim and track at that range. For these reasons I find the grip more useful as it makes aiming for headshots more easy and mid range is the non-SMG primaries role.
  5. Nexus2151

Any advice for a new HA?

Cert Med kits you won't regret it.
  6. Bill Hicks

Funny thing is that when Diablo 3 came out people were saying barbarians were too weak. Now everyone wants to nerf them.