Another Blatant Cheater

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Campagne, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Ketobor

Really, the system should just start with those who have the most unreasonable stats, and tick down from there for checks.

Fundamentally though, its a F2P game, so no sane amount of policing will work. This is the fundamental problem with modern F2P models, someone can just make a new account and cheat again.
  2. Rydenan

It’s worth noting that going more for headshots tends to reduce your overall accuracy with automatic weapons. At least, that’s what I’ve experienced.
    My guess being because the head is a smaller target, and 3/4 sides of it are empty air.

Those stats in the OP don’t strike me as suspicious. The low KDR is the most out-of-place thing there. But then again, some people don’t care about dying all the time, so that doesn’t prove anything.
  3. Towie

Sorry but...you are wrong.

He played today for 4.5 hours - with a HSR of 94.7% over the entire session, k/d of 2.34. He was terribad but he's getting used to things and the head hitbox is certainly helping him a lot.https://voidwell.com/ps2/player/5428845181524393601/sessions/49469105

The fact that he's now using the MAW is really telling - it's a heavy hitting CQC gun with harsh recoil, average HSR is 25%. Our 'friend' is achieving 93.6%, which is now 13% higher than the previous #1 (and as I said previously - the top 3 are all on Soltech which is infested with cheats).
    • Up x 1
  4. Towie

AND - as if to prove the point - he's just started playing again.

[IMG]

Here is a perfect example - 6 kills, all headshots with the MAW, within 7 seconds.

DBG - this is simply a dereliction of duty.
    • Up x 3
  5. Towie

Sigh - this is getting even more ridiculous.

His final 3.3 hour session yesterday ended with an overall HSR of 98.3%.

HSR % on MAW is now 96.71% !!!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm hoping for a response along the lines of 'We wanted to investigate to understand how he did it and stamp it out forever' - we can all live in hope I guess.
  6. Liewec123

3 headshot kills within a second lol
    Glad to see the highly intrusive Battleye is doing its job...
  7. 0fly0

Cross this guy again this morning i know what you mean...
    Dude keep login off and on since this morning too, seem to have trouble stay in game, i just wonder why not perma ban people who get kick by auto ban.
    Shady Daybreak policy about cheater once again... i called it the day they start allowing noob to play with recursion crosshair overlay that this game will become full of it.
    • Up x 1
  8. gunnner10

Oh wow, I just checked his stats on a killboard and Nothing but Headshots!! 20 headshots in a row!!

My issue with this, is that when DBG does their little tweaking on guns for damage, CoF, and whatever else, Stats like these will completely throw off a weapons apparent effectiveness. IE, if there are a lot of cheaters on VS, VS guns get Nerfed heavily.

Hackers not only ruin the game for opponents, they ruin the guns for their own faction
  9. Towie

Assuming that most people are not cheaters (and that's looking less likely by the day but bear with me), any tweaks should be based off averages - so tweaks should be in line with performance in the field. Looking at the top 10 performers on most weapons is going to reveal someone doing something unusual (possibly unusually good) - or - cheating. Unfortunately most people who are banned still have their stats in place so this will skew the numbers but hopefully - not by much.

This is why I like dasanfall or voidwell stats as they calculate the mean and then apply the empirical rule to classify performance. As almost everyone will fall into three standard deviations of the mean (assuming they aren't doing anything extraordinary), it's easy to spot when something is awry. They then get flagged as suspicious.

The only thing to be wary of is when things change significantly. For example, my own stats are extremely good on the MANA Vehicle turret but this stems from the days when you had ultra range and could easily take vehicles out without them even seeing you.
  10. JibbaJabba

It's still operational. Not sure about the ban, but the auto kick is still in effect. Buddy of mine got a kick with some epic Blueshift run.
  11. Beerbeerbeer

Here’s a quote from a forum I won’t link here, but easily searchable. This was from the H1Z1 sub forum. Planetside is moving to the same assets as H1Z1, apparently.

12. JibbaJabba

So are we just griping on the forums or was an actual customer service ticket opened? CS ticket is the way to get something done.
  13. AllRoundGoodGuy

You folks can gripe, I'm eating popcorn...