Anchor Tradeoff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SolemnSeraph, Mar 22, 2015.

1. AmitGr

But the same phenomena repeats in Q3 KPU (no Q3 KPH in oracle of death), so the mentioned reason cannot explain it, the number of Q3 BJ users is fairly small comparing to anchor&orion AFAIK, so they cannot influence it that much.

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q3kpu&weapon1=7236&weapon2=80&weapon3=79
  2. Dumpsterprophet

The hype of the orion is frankly misplaced. From the google spreadsheet on damages its easy to see that many other guns outclass it. However somehow the rumor or myth of the orion's amazing abilities has been perpetrated without cause. Not to mention its the default heavy class so most people rolling heavy on vanu will use it by default. The downside is it has a 2.25 first shot multiplier which makes me laugh. And you people think its so great. NOPE.
  3. Moonheart

The Beltegeuse is another topic, and a touchy one, because you are speaking of a weapon that most players will never get their hands on (no, not every players play enough to PS2 to auraxium all their LMGs). While I do understand what you say about it, it does not change that saying or pretending that the Anchor is not at the level of the Orion is a biaised opinion that is in complete contradiction with factual numbers.

Even accounting the difference of experience, the numbers are clear: The Anchor is on par, if not straight better than the Orion.
    Sure, it cost 1000 certs, while the Orion is free. But that doesn't change that once they bought it, the NC players have no factual reason to pretend to be disadvantaged on the LMG field compared to VS.

The VS faction had numerous balance problems since the beginning and that does certainly count in the way that players from other faction judge it. However, it must not blind the players when SOE provided such a nice tool to evaluate balance between weapons that the API is.

Numbers don't lie, while your own personnal feeling aren't proof for anything.
  4. Hosp

...And people wonder why the devs prefer reddit.
  5. Klypto

Without enough data in Q3 I can't really come to any conclusion on it in any direction. It is well within possible to get an auraxium LMG under BR 25, I've seen a few alts but that does not mean they impact the standard. It's also possible that only mostly good players get the Anchor and while the orion is still commonly used. It also could be that the Anchor is just better, but there isn't enough info to support any case.

Not sure about that strawman you have there because at no point did I say anything regarding your statements.
    • Up x 1
  6. InoxGecko

How to lie with statistics (Darrell Huff, 1954)

Can't compare the Orion to say a 1000Cert LMG because it's a starter LMG and it's kill stats are wonky because of it.
  7. Moonheart

Read again, and you'll see that the last sentence was a reply to someone else.

Except that we are currently speaking of kill stats done by players with BR 75 or more...