An F-22 Raptor will completely destroy any Auraxis ESF,Stop focusing on wut doest make sense!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rustler, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Rustler

Im getting tired of reading "That doesn't make sense, in real life......" or "This is the future, such tech doesn't make sense"

Look people...Is a video game.....Who gives a damn about things not making sense, what matters is if the game is balanced.

But what pisses me off the most, is that these people actually think Planetside 2, as of now makes "sense" so they wanna protect it from ideas that don't make "sense"....Do people really not think things thru?

Your telling me that a civilization who used WORM HOLES created a Military Jet which top speed is around 200 MPH....Can only used dumbfire rockets which are used by these hovering at very close distances to enemy fire....lol.

Meanwhile in real life.

http://2.bp.************/-mzITXwuRhik/UOQuBX0h61I/AAAAAAAABWA/XrGHAkRXNMs/s1600/f_22_raptor_3.jpg

An F22 raptor...hell any modern military jet goes faster than the speed of sound....As well use guided rockets/missiles which can be launched from like miles away, from enemy fire.

Keep in mind our civilization (humans) hasn't even gone to another planet lol.

Now I don't fault SOE for this at all....This is a game after all, it would be no fun if Jets just flew a mile high and shot a laser guided rocket at us....It will be horrible.

But that is the point, is a game...The main thing is balancing so making ESF top speed being around 200mph and the fact they shoot dumbfire rockets, makes the game much funner and more balanced.

So can you people please stop using the "It will ruin planetside 2 because it doesn't make sense" mentality....PS2 already doesn't make sense.

This is why I fully support rockets Launchers not being insta kill against soldiers.....Shotguns not killing u ASAP...Crowsbow being in the game along as they are not OP.....etc.

So yeah just focus on balance.
    • Up x 15
  2. Trinith

More funnerer even, imo.
    • Up x 3
  3. KAHR-Alpha

They're not jets, they're improved attack choppers...
    • Up x 4
  4. Rabbitz

That Raptor will not survive a direct hit of Auraxis cactus.
    • Up x 26
  5. Rustler

So a civilizations using wormholes, wouldn't use Jets....lol.

But if you wanna play that game, an apache helicopter top speed is 182 mph.....I would expect much more from a civilization with wormholes.
  6. loleator

I completely agree with this thread, also we are playing on a fps mmo internet lolz video game, not a real life simulator. Games are for fun, real life simulators are boring.

No, you won't improve your "irl pilot" skills here. Also I don't think you got that license at 13 or that playing these kind of games will make you one and the evil developers are separating you from reaching your irl dream. Current physics are extremely cool and allow for lots of manuvers which are PS2 trademark. Deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Sharmanti

The F-22 was a bad example. I mean, even the ESF in planetside 2 can maintain basic lifesustaining systems. Which the raptor can not
    • Up x 2
  8. KAHR-Alpha

I'm just pointing out you should indeed have compared them to current choppers instead. With that said I don't really know the lore, but given that we got nanites that can seem to do just everything I don't even see why the war is still going. I'd have used the nanites to build a giant robot and smashed everything with it.
  9. Wintermaulz

the raptor couldnt sustain a direct hit from my drop pod

huehuehuehuehue
  10. p10k56

Civilization using wormholes will surely use independently maneuvering bullets in magazine so clever that swarm of this tiny buggers will hide behind corner only to wait for best moment to headshot you:eek:;):p
    • Up x 2
  11. Wasdie

Jets wouldn't make sense with these tiny continents. You would be able to fly over them in a matter of seconds.

Balance > believably.
    • Up x 2
  12. Phenics

I was actually thining of this earlier today. I think if ESF flew atleast 1000mph and had no ability to hover with real runways and such it would make dogfighting and taking out tanks, flying in formation and everything so much cooler and the infantry wouldnt get so mad at us pilots. Anyway, the comparison to helicopters is more close to a comparison to a jet fighter (if you have to make one)
  13. quicKsanD

The speed of vehicles in Planetside games is calculated in Kilometers per hour not Miles per hour.

What that means is that 200 KPH = 124 MPH.

Now the top speed of the Mosquito in PS1 was I think 124 KPH = 77 MPH (my jeep goes faster on the highway)

The top speed of the Apache is 182 MPH

A Boeing 747 can go 570 MPH

So all vehicles in the Planetside Universe have no practical application at all and would be destroyed by their real world counter parts. This is a game and it needs to be balanced so we can enjoy it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Skurcey

'murica fan much?
    Russia fighters are sexier
    • Up x 2
  15. Skurcey

16. Rustler

Actually with the after burner is around 200mph.

Since with the after burner the esf are around 320 kph

But yeah I agree...Is a game, people need to start thinking about balancing/fun.
  17. LordMondando

Yeah, thats pretty strawnman.

I've only ever see 'IRL .. x y z' used in regards to relative vehicle roles and stuff about how things should work in context to other stuff.
  18. Wintermaulz

19. Compass

Look guys, a modern ESF

• Up x 1
  20. Rustler

Because people think Planetside 2 makes sense....which it doesn't.

and they compare everything to real life.