AMD: severe performance issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by N4poleon, May 26, 2014.

1. tigerchips

I have the same CPU as OP, run everything on low except medium graphics. Battles generally never get lower than 40fps.

If you tried that timer tweak in the past, that decrease your framerate by about 5-10fps.
  2. tigerchips

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1fx66f/hpet_causing_poor_performance_fix/

3. Mothyp

i will probably get flamed for my comments as its a positive post about AMDa but here goes

my sys is

AM3 1090t hex core not overclocked
    8gb ballistix sport DDR3 1333{sport is the cheaper stuff farmed out by crucial as opposed to decent ballistix}
    windforce gtx770 2GB
    870 gigabyte mobo {not top end}
    os is on a sata 3 ssd game is on a different sata 3 ssd
    windows 8.1
    1920 24inch monitor

everything is set to ultra /high bar particles ad textures which are set to one step below full

the above munches ps2 and even massive fights in bio labs are not slowed { I define munches as pretty and smooth and very few micro stutters or other such irritations}

my boys sys
    am3+ fx4130 3.8Ghz quad core
    cheapo AM3+ gigabyte mobo
    8Gb ddr3 1333 generic ram
    sparkle gtx 460 1GB I think
    win 7 on a sata2 ssd
    1280 19 inch screen

everything set to high

same performance as my pc in big bio lab battles but obviously slightly lesser settings but still very pretty

repurposed a pc I built six years ago for my mother in law and put ps2 on it for sh!ts and giggles whilst I am visiting her on holiday

am2 5600 2.8 dual core
    NVidia gtx8800 512 ram
    4GB ddr2 800mhz
    asus m2n mobo
    win 7 on sata 2 mechanical hdd

and have observed the following

takes an age to load but gets there
    in vr training you can run at low-med settings and have tolerable performance but its a bit like looking at doom from the year 2000
    in a small battle you can run at low settings
    in a 48+ battle you need ultra low just to keep pace and even then its most likely you will be shot before you kill someone up close

but and it a biggy even this ancient system can run ps2 quite smoothly as long as you are on your own albeit in ugly mode

anyhow the point of my post is just because its AMD doesn't mean it cant run ps2 well and even a mid range system like my boy's can show the best of ps2 in performance and prettiness
  4. daloco1

This thread is funny, so much fanboyism, intel would like nothing more than to drive amd out of business, as has been their practice well.... since forever. if that happens we will be stuck running whatever they decide to release at whatever price they feel like.
    monopoly is not good for the consumer, can you say Microsoft?

I've only played ps2 a few day's, and it played smooth as butter for me in all battles, and yes, some were extremely large. ( that is when it didn't freeze and then crash in 15 min to an hour intervals, only issue so far) didn't bother checking fps because it wasn't a problem.
    all settings medium except textures on high. haven't tried after this patch yet, was waiting to make sure they fixed what they broke first. anyone with the freeze then crash issue tried it out?

amd fx-4300 @ 4.2
    hd 6970 with 12% oc
    8 gigs ram
    win 7 pro 64bit
  5. piixAr

graphic quality high / other suff is LOW or OFF if can :)
    30-40 v 30-40 / 60fps+
    48+ vs 48+ droping from 35-45/50 and its feel like 20fps : ) lagy like a **** :)
    all time CPU bound : ) try smoothing ON / OFF same **** : )

ASRock 990FX Extreme 4
    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ / max temp / 58°C
    DDR3 8GB / 1600mhz
    MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 TI/OC 2GB
    650W PSU
  6. Lady Taurus

AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz
    EVGA 650 SSC Ti 2gb
    16 GB RAM @ 1600

I run tha game at a 30 fps cap, but I never reach it... I hover around 15-24 on ultra, always [CPU] bound.