AMD: severe performance issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by N4poleon, May 26, 2014.

1. linque

i dont understand, i have almost the same setup

phenom 955 black no oc straight 3.2ghz
    4 gig of ram 850w ps
    and a hd6970
    not to mention Im using 32 bit
    the game play's flawlessly for me

can u run it say i can not run it yet i run it on custom settings half high half ultra

[IMG]
  2. BlackDove

Adaptive vsync fixes that. It doesnt halve the refresh and it allows tearing below the refresh.
  3. BlackDove

I agree that variable refresh and a powerful GPU is the solution but if you can EASILY maintain a 60Hz Vsync then the smoothness is worth it and theres no substantial input lag introduced and NO judder from re-scanning frames. Its only when you drop below the refresh that it becomes a problem.

Triple buffering has a different type of judder but its still there.

Until i can get a good IPS or OLED G-Sync monitor ill use adaptive vsync because seeing half of one frame and half of another on the screen is way more distracting than the tearing ONLY when it drops below my refresh rate.

My friends and i all play fps games with Vsync on.
  4. henrickbr

My God, how many technical answers, when you will realize that the problem is with the game, the last atualizaçãdo on 20/05 with the game spoiled, ruined the game for a large majority, freezing, stuttering and performance drop ..
    is easy to say, you have an i7 but your video card is bad, or vise versa, God of the sky, what nonsense ...
    The problem is in the game, the last update, affected the performance of the game, such as connection, FPS drop, freezes, constant stuttering, and consumption of GPU and CPU in an exaggerated way, you can have the best of the best GPU and CPU you also have the same problem! So stop saying (your CPU or GPU is low) it will not matter if the game has a problem!
    • Up x 2
  5. Kirppu1

But since it gets the new frame from the gpu each time it refreshes it still is synced. because it does not display the same picture twice or it does not get more frames than it can handle
  6. BlackDove

Really? The GPU is sending 60 frames per second but the monitor is only REFRESHING 60 times per second.

Unless the GPU is told to hold the frame until the exact moment the monitor begins to scan(top to bottom) the image on the screen it will NOT be synced!

The monitor displaying the frame must coincide with the monitor refreshing the pixels on the screen, otherwise they will never line up and youll still have tearing.

Just watch the video. They even use high speed photography to demonsrate it.
  7. Kirppu1

But the renderer then knows what amount of pixels there are, and where they are, that's why you select the proper resolution
  8. BlackDove

Ok i guess you wont watch the video and you still dont get what i mean.

The "renderer" has nothing to do with this.

Lets say your monitor starts its refresh at time A. At time A the monitor begins scanning whatever pixel data it has from the GPU.

Heres where you need Vsync.

If the GPU is just rendering and sending 60 frames while the monitor is refreshing 60 times per second, that doesnt mean they starylt at the same time.

If the GPU is done rendering a frame at time A + 5ms and sends it, the monitor will be about 1/3 of the way refreshed and you will have 1/3 of the screen displaying THE PREVIOUS FRAME and begin displaying the new frame.

Thats when you see a tear. Even at 60fps on a 60Hz monitor.

Vsync tells the GPU to hold the frame until the monitor is ready to refresh and display ALL of that one frame.

While im explaining this i gues ill dispell the myths of "input lag" too.

Input lag is inherent to the monitor itself. It has nothing to do sith the computer.

It also has nothing to do with the response time of the pixels.

Input lag is the time it takes a display to convert the data it gets over its input cable into an image on the screen. LCD TVs that have a lot of signal processing tend to introduce input lag.

Monitors shouldnt be doing much signal processing so they typically dont have much real input lag unless they suck. If the monitor does, theres no setting in your game or drivers that can fix it.

What people on here are mistaking for real input lag is when your fps drops below the refresh rate with Vsync on and the GPU sends the same frame to the monitor twice, making your real position different than whats on the screen and introducing apparent stutter.

There is also mouse processing lag but thats a problem of mouse input signal processing and has nothing to do with the display or the GPU. Thats what use raw input and reduce "input lag" in PS2s menus actually affects.

Vsync on or Vsync off your monitor has its own input lag thats completely inherent to the monitor hardware and cant really be changed.

Now that i just typed all of that from my phone, GO WATCH THE VIDEO PLEASE!
  9. Kirppu1

Now that you explained it i can shut up
  10. BlackDove

Its still worth watching the video. Seeing it is better than reading it.
  11. BlackDove

12. Dragam

BlackDove :

TFT Central is a great website - their review of my screen, is actually what inspired me to buy it... and havent regreted it :)

My screen has 16 ms input latency (as recorded by TFT Central), which is the lowest ive seen for a 60 Hz 1440p screen^^
  13. BlackDove

Yeah its a great resource along with www.displaymate.com and www.pcmonitors.info
  14. MittRackRObama

Hmm try upping the voltage support to your chip. Try turning CPU intensive settings completely off and do some tests in VR and see if maybe one of the new updates changed some graphical setting for you that maybe you forgot to switch back? Particles at ultra will destroy anyone's FPS by the way.
  15. Irathi

[IMG]
  16. Lady Taurus

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - OS
    MSI 760GM-P34 (FX) - Mainboard
    AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core @ 3.5GHz - CPU
    ADATA 16gb @ 1600 - RAM
    EVGA GTX 650 Ti 2gb @ 1071 MHz - GPU

I run it at a 30 fps cap on ultra... in fights it gets as low as 17 fps with the [CPU] as the constant bottleneck.
  17. patrykK1028

17 fps with that graphics card? Oh man.. I didnt think CPU matters that much. BTW nice game stats :D 0 xp on every character
  18. Lady Taurus

Very rarely do I ever get [GPU] bound so I kno I can run tha game at Ultra... SoE just needs to work on tha CPU-side of things; also, I reroll a lot so theres ur answer to tat.
  19. Zica96

I have a AMD Anthlon X4 750k Quad Core Processor, 8.00 GB RAM and a Radeon HD 7700 Series, and have the same problem after yesterday.
  20. Bacardie

I run an AMD Phenom II 6 core 1090t 3.2
    8 gigs of ram
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
    Win 7

Until this stupid update, I ran fine, no issues..

Do you really think they design these games on "average" PC's that most players have? No, they use TOP of the line stuff and think everyone else needs a $5,000 gaming PC.

The fancier the plumbing, the easier is to stuff up the drain it seems when they push these "NGE" updates..
    NGE.. new game enhancements.. Those of you who may have played SWG know the meaning.