Ambient occlusion

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hatamoto, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Dragam

*sigh* he says ADAPTIVE v-sync, not v-sync...

If you dont understand the difference, then i suggest you go read about it. And yes, it does work.
  2. DashTech

Adaptive V-Sync only turns on v-sync when you FPS hits the vertical-refresh rate of your card. This means the apparently heavy overhead of V-Sync isn't encountered until it is needed.

The other benefit I've found is it stops your card going nuts and pumping out thousands of frames per sec on properly written engines. Not really an issue on PS2's tightly bound engine.
  3. Guadoc

Can you actually read? I said A-Vsync about 10 times during the post, I'm well aware of the difference between them and I'll say again, it is a marketing thing - put adaptive v-sync into Google and look through the hits, you will find it is a smoke and mirrors feature. Again, I find the tearing worse or at the very least no different (like 99% of the posts you will find on Google) with A-Vsync than with Vsync off altogether.
  4. Dragam

No one shortcuts it a-vsync, except for you... so i honestly didnt notice it.

I dont have any tearing what so ever with adaptive v-sync, nor do i have any other negative effects from v-sync. Sad if other people experience issues, but i honestly doubt that there is one... the fact that you dont link any material to backup your claims, doesnt help your case.