[Guide] Amazing Sniping Locations + Mustarde Reveals True Feelings.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Darkelfdruid_LOL, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Darkelfdruid_LOL

[IMG]

Hey babes, my

[IMG]

is really to blow a full LOAD OF

[IMG]

But I already have a girlfriend, her name is...

Scudmungus :oops:

So I wanted to go into bit more detail for you who don't lurk general forums - and post few extra REALLY good
    places which did not make the vid as it was already a bit too long.

First, Beaver has found a way to practically climb up the first floor of tech plant without using the lift, you can ask her to show you but I doubt she will. In that case I heard she likes lesbians, just send her few links - that should do the trick ;)

K First is this.

Towers. ( Like crown or Crossroads )

okay so There IS a way to climb the tower, but I have not been able to replicate it thus I never included in the video (got it once by accident when running away from scatmax)

But there are a few nifty places on towers; you tower farmers most likely know 'bout this but a lot ( LA's especially) don't.

[IMG]

Here, at night times those pad arms can be a good snipe spot, thought people will usually spot you after few kills. So there is a place to decloak/reload. You can jump into the arm it self.

[IMG]

Now Another place is a hiding place. when you pod or get on top of the tower, after few kills LA's will come try to hunt you down. there is a CHAMBER OF SECRETS THERE!

[IMG]

Just go inside there if LA is chasing you. Believe me it works.

[IMG]

See :D. When most of the zerg leaves and you keep shooting, several La's come look for you - you not there - jump down.

You HS one of them.

'HACKER FLYING NUB" :D

Third is this, I can't believe how well this works really...

[IMG]
    You jump on that leg you see, and hug the wall. You will keep Hs them and they will LOOK UP. But just like in the biolab spot, they will look TOOO MUCH UPPP. :D

Biolab God Spot

K This place is..... hilarious. When they go for the SCU and you have extended mag or UBGL... say hello to dozens of certs in few mins.

[IMG]

You can walk INTO the bush to completely cover you. Night time is not even needed..

[IMG]

These are just a few good places. Like I said before I left a couple of clues in vid for the best places, but I made sure to hide them well SO YOU WON'T FIND THEM MOST LIKELY :D

NO U.
    • Up x 15
  2. CompletelyDeadCoyote

If i could, i'd give you 2 ups: for footage itself and for the music. Awesome!
    • Up x 1
  3. Scudmungus

-.o I will break you.

And not the sexy kinda breaking. This time.

+1 :D
    • Up x 2
  4. SnipersUnion

Great vid! The "Another one bites the dust" claps was my favorite bit until the Grenade Launcher tirade! :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

If they ever actually choose to nurf the ability to perform these climbs, I really hope that they implement an implant that increases your climbing capability...
    • Up x 1
  6. CuteBeaver

If it gets widespread I could see Sony adjusting things. Iv given this allot of thought actually its a pretty hard problem to solve. You don't want to limit how players would "feel" the majority of the time they are walking around jumping or moving. So one solution would be to increase the time it takes between achieving full momentum again. This doesn't have to be sluggish. Determine the speed by which micro jumping no longer produces height gains. Lengthen this time enough so that the player cannot keep going upwards. That way someone trying to climb would have a gain of zero in terms of height over the extended time. Now IF the person was able to shift sideways for the length of time required, then no this change would not stop them. It would only affect vertical pursuits.

By doing the changes above controlled decent is still effective for getting down a slope, but not for going up one. Micro jumping would be limited to simply being able to get over ledges you got up to in a single burst of momentum. You would still in theory have the ability to go up angled walls, but only until your initial speed wore off. Slightly slanted surfaces like hills wouldn't be an issue if your able to keep walking on them sideways and not lose speed. Basically the majority of movement wouldn't be affected. I honestly know even if they changed certain mechanics there is always going to be a degree of this going on. Its not necessarily a bad thing either. In any case I don't think this is widespread enough yet. Dark and Nerdfest are pretty much the only ones who have been able to truely keep up with me while parkouring around. I have not run into anyone else, on Waterson yet.
    • Up x 3
  7. Scudmungus

Exploiting collision detection and clipping issues is tried and tested technique.

A classic solution was to slap an invisible box/object, blocking movement, called a bounding box. Essentially, you make a call to check if one box has crossed another - in this case, the bounding box of the character and the invisible bounding box placed a few character-blocks up from the ground. For example, you can't jump 'up' without knocking your 'head' - but you can fall through it.

However, it'd would take a fair amount of effort for a team to apply such a 'solution' this late in the game's run and there are still ways around it.

Still, it's something that goes on and has been going on since 3D meshes were destined to bump uglies in virtual environments- even tho folks are now posting videos on the forum and breaking the SECRET OATH OF SECRECY with regards to PS2.

Still - jump jets. Bullets. Air-craft. TANKS. There have been games where collision exploitation really did screw things up. However, PS2, thanks to its variety of content, seems relatively safe, aside from feeding possible nerf calls/forum whinefests, and strengthening the case for kill-cams. Which is a good case for not shouting about it!

It's important to notice that nobody with the appropriate hat has forbidden it - in fact, I recall an SOE mon giving credit for doing it.

So, no problem? No solution required!

:)

''Scud, how'd you get there?''

''Infiltrator.''
    • Up x 2
  8. Schwak

The people that have mastered sniping in planetside are gods, I envy you so much.
    • Up x 1
  9. Darkelfdruid_LOL

NO U :(
  10. MajiinBuu

DAMMIT ALL MY SECRET SPOTS HAVE BEEN REVEALED! :mad:
    • Up x 2
  11. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Ah Ty for a quote for a third vid :D
  12. Mustarde

C'mon DED, you know you can't resist spicy mustarde.

Thanks for posting here, this is infiltrator gold.
    • Up x 1
  13. CuteBeaver

Don't worry Dark :)

Based on what I am seeing in base design no efforts have been made to combat this. More or less some boxes appear to be placed to encourage creative jumping. Example right next to a fence so an average player could easily vault over in a surprise attack. Having little things in bases you can climb on makes it more fun. I think Sony knows this and is embracing that aspect. What they really need is a LA revamp to make them more funs, and then I stop getting hate tells. Its funny how if you jump a crazy gap using turbo on a harasser everyone cheers. The moment you climb a building in broad daylight then its hackusations.

Excellent. I am glad they are as it really broadens the games appeal.
    • Up x 4
  14. Inex

Basically, you have until people start chanting "SpiderMAX, SpiderMAX, does whatever a spider can".
    • Up x 2
  15. m44v

Killcams would nerf this pretty hard, coincidence?
    • Up x 1
  16. CuteBeaver

I think we all know Kill Cams are tied to anti-sniping. Lets not sugar coat it. With the sniper rifle, and nanoweave revamp it doesn't shock me at all if Sony would consider the impact of Kill Cams. The fact that Dark can climb stuff is just coincidence.

This affects LA's to a similar extent. Any player who flanks or ambushes really, will be affected. I think the 300 meter range has Sony slightly spooked. They are brainstorming and considering additional measures to increase our risk / versus reward. However has expressed in other threads the time it takes for a sniper at 300 meters to make kills and get into position in terms of score per minute would keep him balanced. Tenebrea has made countless posts on this topic. Id also like to say, the time it takes to learn how to do stuff like this, and do it safely means the player has paid in deaths

Edit: in any case it looks like the community as a whole doesn't like kill cams. I'd be really shocked to see it get through development.
    • Up x 2
  17. Inex

Infiltrators don't anyway. Not a lot of responses on that Roadmap thread which don't include 'but what about my sniping?' as part of their argument.

If I had to balance teaching new players about all the hidey-holes you can climb to if you know how to spam jump, vs. letting an Inf blow through their entire ammo supply because nobody can figure out where they are? No contest there.
    • Up x 1
  18. Rohxer

Amazing vid, very entertaining! Though I think that UBGL at the end was deserved karma for knifing that poor level 1 at the terminal... ;)
    • Up x 1
  19. CuteBeaver

I just want anyone reading/watching to realize that micro jumping is FPS dependent to an extent. Which is why normally I don't always feel comfortable showing those type of climbs. A person with 14 frames (like I used to run) is going to get better mileage out of learning to climb on slanted surfaces and develop an eye for noticing pathways which keep their momentum high. The extra speed from making smart choices will allow them the ability to double and triple jump with a higher degree for errors. The micro jump thing only starts becoming a big deal around 50+ frames. Previous to that people are better off at entry level learning to "double jump" or "triple jump" tricky ledges. My hesitation stems from posting a guide someone won't be able to follow. While its not planetside 2's fault their hardware cannot process the same # of jumps per second as others it can be frustrating never the less. Even so the majority of stuff they can still do, just not "near" vertical pursuits.

In any case, depending on layout/location its possible to get close enough using the legs of the tech plant , walls and other objects to do the same thing without needing to micro jump. The cylinder is just far more convenient, and can be found at every tech plant. So I shall show that route. Another way in which has been known for a long time and works at 14 frames, is of course jumping the gate. It works for everyone and is super easy.
  20. Darkelfdruid_LOL

so... Who linked you the ' stuff' EH?!