Am I the only one tired of instagibbing scat maxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpeedFreakPS0NE, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Demigan

Nothing wrong with me, and my age wouldnt change the meaning or the words I've written so you are doing another lame attempt to make me look bad instead of reacting with, you know, "facts" and "arguments".

Ahw poor you and your reading comprehension. I was alluding to the fact that you try to paint the facts I wrote as fantasy and asked you to describe exactly what that fantasy was. Considering you think I fantasize about you thinking the Scattermax is OP and me providing a quote of you saying exactly that... How am I fantasizing exactly?

You dont seem to understand the word "nitpicking". Also claiming I nitpick here doesnt make me wrong. Another lame attempt to make me look bad so yoi dont have to make an argument.

Really? Explain for example the fact that solid slugs dont OHK after 10m while your "proof" shows a MAX doing exactly that.

Please keep in mind that if you prove that the NC MAX hadnt had changes since then, it would prove that the killstreak you showed relied on other people damaging the targets first. If you prove that the NC MAX has had changes since then it also invalidates it. Have fun worming out of that one.
    Oh I know what you'll do. You are going to ignore all that and try to make me look bad! Because ofcourse you are.

It is called "the scientific method". In this case they created a perfect scenario where both players had maximum accuracy to show their power. Considering the TR MAX is easier to use it means it has a higher likelyhood of actually achieving that as well.

Aaand trying to make me look bad! Right on schedual! Not everything shown to me is bad. I tell you why its bad, ehich is different than what you do because everything everyone else says about the ScatMAX is wrong because... Reasons? You barely tell anyone. Funnily enough its you arguing against a few people, wheres the rest of your support? Oh yeah they gave an opinion, couldnt provide proof and kept their mouths shut.

This is getting pathetic. I already answered this so why are you trying again to "prove" that I am supposedly thinking I'm the only on in the right? Saying "the majority is with me" does not make you right. And you are a hypocrite because you've disagreed with many more people on here than I did so apparently your "majority" is... Where exactly?

Yes, lets hope they adress this problem. For example with an update to the NC MAX to give it some dedicated AI range (Gorgons are multitask weapons) and the TR+VS an NS shotgun, with a statement of "now everyone can use the inferior shotgun and NC MAX's arent behind on the other two factiins anymore". That hopefully would make people like you shut up.
  2. Demigan

Thee question would be: Was it the shotguns that were the reason he did so good? Nope, it was the fact that the people in the video were dummies who rarely shot at him or tried to finish the job. The ranged kills he makes require him to empty his entire mag (going from "OMG he can OHK!" to "you require 15+ shots at 20m" isn't exactly indicative of ranged capabilities, regardless of you scoring a kill at the end), and the lionshare of his ranged kills are already damaged by the time he fires on them, there's about 12 kills in a row in there of revived people.

Would he have gotten more kills with a TR/VS MAX? Possibly, some of the CQC kills he missed because he wasn't pinpoint accurate would probably have been bagged by the TR/VS MAX (irony right there isn't it?), and he would have been able to open up on some of the ranged targets more easily and spend less time behind cover repairing (he already was barely shot at anyway). Again ironic: The TR/VS MAX would probably not have stolen as many kills as the NC MAX during the opening sequences on the stairs against those damaged enemies because they don't have that much of a spread.
    • Up x 2
  3. LodeTria

Ah yes, the "they must be bads!" argument. A dangerous one I hope you will remember next time you make any vehicle thread.
    • Up x 1
  4. Demigan

Considering the "skill" shown in the video, the lack of people engaging him, the amount of players that barely moves when engaging the MAX, the amount of times he is able to SNEAK UP ON PEOPLE IN A MAX SUIT, the amount of times barely anyone even notices their entire squad being decimated by the tell-tale sounds of an NC MAX that is shooting almost in their ear...

How can you deny them being bads?
    • Up x 3
  5. Fishpoke

Scatmax was instagib in base fights in planetside 1. working as intended.

However slug ammo should increase reload time slightly
  6. RedBlack

Quote:
    Scatmax was instagib in base fights in planetside 1. working as intended.

And even back then, People where complaining about it....
    Just because it was a thing in PS1, doesnt make it balanced.

7. RedBlack

Arguing with you is hopeless.

Facts? Every Fact thrown at you is wrong, because only your facts are right. Atleast, thats what you think/say.

The Facts you bring, are the weapons (Ai Maxes) Statistik DMG,ROF etc. ... and that is proof enough for you, that everything you say, is right.

Planetside2 is mostly a asymmetric fight. You cant just take some numbers and called it balanced.
    Saying instagib on one max and the others having "range" is balanced, is false.

Qoute:
    That hopefully would make people like you shut up.

Why so hateful? I thought we are trying to fix this Problem?
  8. LaughingDead

Alright, lets close up this thread.
    1. Have we established that people don't like getting insta-gibbed by NC? Yes.
    2. Have we established that this is more of a playstyle issue more than anything else? Yes.
    3. Do NC maxes need a nerf? Ha, no.
    4. Do the other maxes need a buff? No not really.
    5. Are maxes in general just oversized tuna cans that present almost nothing in the current state of the game?

Let's answer number 5 people.
    • Up x 1
  9. SpeedFreakPS0NE

I'm not saying there is a need for a nerf or a buff but an adjustment.
    People complain about the NC range then fine, in CQC give them further range in exchange for the instagibbing trait.
    TR and VS lack the alpha damage output the NC have in the most important fights (CQC) in the game, reduce their long range potential (and really the long range threat is a joke) and give them better up close damage.

The NC could still lean towards more close range damage than the TR and VS while they could still have a slight range advantage.
    It's a matter of closing the gap, when an infiitrator can run circles around a blueshift max up close while a scatmax can blow a light assault out of the air on sight in, once again the most important fights, there is a clear imbalance.
    • Up x 2
  10. RedBlack

And you are who?
    A Dev?
    A Admin of this Forum?
    If None of those, you should not have the right, to deceid if this threat is getting Closed or not.
  11. Demigan

Looking at the post above, perhaps we should stop replying to RedBlack to save the last vestiges of his sanity.
  12. Nobalification

all i see are just some NC guy who is just provoking and another guy who want to solve a problem. I see a troll on blue side.
  13. Demigan

Hmm yeah, what solution was that again? Oh yeah, Nerf the NC MAX, or Buff the TR/VS MAX. And what was the problem again? That he thinks that the NC MAX is OP and feels justified because other people also feel they can blame something they dont have access to. But where's the actual proof besides "I think it is" is absent.
  14. LaughingDead

What are the most important fights? Where everyone is locked into one tiny cramped space? All the buildings have corridors and runways in order to out lane their opponents, there's always a position in which you can shoot inwards if not toss in nades to sabotage the max in question. If you're always trying to close the gap with just light assault then the answer is simple:Don't do that, that is exactly what the max wants. Besides, even if you did close the gap and got the drop on him, then what? He instantly loses. Are you saying that all maxes should lose this exact same way? That the factions should not be different in this one situation?

If we regulated the weaponry even more so, NC maxes would either be garbage for not specializing in a range or too powerful because it has range + mobile cover. Personally I'd like maxes to have more variety as well, more fight defining abilities but as of right now, maxes being a cool teamplay part of the game is an unpopular opinion, so oh well.
  15. Nobalification

BIO Lab and Doorways for push. If you don´t knew it already i bet you are crazy person.
  16. Nobalification

No? He wasn´t suggesting nerf. Just balance, which means you need to tweak other side to perform better in other way. TR Max isn´t that accurate even with mercys in range. There´s something called ´´time of reaction´´ where when for example light assault get before TR or VS MAX he have 2-3 seconds to react to what to do. In many cases its running behind cover and during that planning how to kill that MAX. When that same person meet NC MAX, that reaction time is below 1 second. Which means theres no chance to react on that threat from side of Light Assault. I was always suggesting one thing. Get rid of shotguns for NC MAX and add them Gauss MGs to hands. That way they will perform as TR and VS counterparts. You know what i got as answers? NO! We dont want MGs, we will keep shotguns. Maybe they changed opinion on that, it was in early months of PS2 so yeah. But i bet there will be really that much people to want MGs and get rid of Shotguns. So second suggestion is to give TR and VS MAXes an option for cqb performance which will be NS shotgun. You already got Gorgons for range performance, which are better than what TR and VS got, because they are versitile, they can shoot vehicles. Now before you say something, i am not whining, i am not on your side or on anybody. I make suggestions, suggestions are then taken and changed. After that there will be solution, but you need to do it by way, that you are not affected by emotions. You need to make balance, if not, there will be still trolling. Look at MechWarrior community. They are the best community ever. They can balance things without being mean on anybody.
  17. LaughingDead

So the entire biolab is NC max playground territory?
    Also what's stopping you from tossing a brick into a doorway?
    • Up x 2
  18. LordKrelas

If a TR & VS Max is equal at a distance to the NC Max in CQC..
    Then the TR & VS Max has a greater effective area, with an equal amount of firepower to a much more restricted Max.
    Why in hell we have 2 Medium-Range gun types vs 1 Short-ranged RNG shotgun, is why we have this issue to begin with..
    We have the NC Max unit with a specific range of engagement, and the effectiveness here being the only place it works vs MAX units with a longer effective range, not being as effective in the single specific range of the NC max?

Who in hell did you ask? If the Gauss is like the SAW , then yes that would be hell: SAW needs ADS.
    The Gorgon is ineffective compared to VS & TR AI weapons.
    The NC Shotguns are AI Weapons.
    The NS Gorgon is an AV weapon.
    If the NS Shotgun, was equal to NC's shotgun... we then literally have VS & TR having NC's entire capability
    Which will put the NS Shotgun as either better, or worse than NC's -- Due to the sheer options.
    While NC has only an inferior option of an AV Gorgon or a Shotgun.

NS Gorgon is designed as AV first, and is available to all three sides.
    It is inferior in Anti-infantry roles compared to any AI ES weapon.
    It has range severely, and ammo capacity, severely, on the NC AI - but is outclassed entirely by VS & TR options.

Mechwarrior community..
    When the War between Clan & IS is in full swing constantly..
    Any inbalance is considered fair-game there depending on who is screwed.
    They are happy spit on each other for whatever Ranking, or Side they picked.
  19. Nobalification

Mentioned reaction time. I was thinking that you played Planetside 2. Well i learned that you know nothing about the game. If you think that max can be killed by one brick, then wow and salute to you. You know nothing about the game and i will ignore your ´´ideas´´. Bye no name person number #220313
  20. Nobalification

Ofcourse that Gorgon isn´t better than AI weapons of TR and VS, but you still missing the point. Its versatile weapon. Even thats a weapon for range capability if you are not counting slugs and don´t tell me that those are rng while they aren´t. About NS Shotguns, they should be less effective or have less ammo then NC ones. Back to Gorgons-If you tried them, thats litterally feeling of TR weapons on range. Not effective, sometimes you hit head or body, buts thats not that common as you think. You are saying that ´´If the NS Shotgun, was equal to NC's shotgun... we then literally have VS & TR having NC's entire capability´´ but i don´t see anything like ´´NC got Gorgons, they can shoot at range and can damage even vehicles. It is capability of ranged weapons´´
    I suggest you to play TR MAX, one of the most ineffective and ****tier MAXes on PS2 as many guys said here on forum, who tried them. I am all for NC Gauss for MAXes, but those would have needed tweaks like only 167 dmg per round or little bit less.

TL;DR-you already have capability to attack enemy from range with Gorgons and with slugs. But you aren´t saying anything about it, while when i demand NS Shotgun, you think its biased. I don´t even know if you want balance or just OP NC MAX more.