[Suggestion] Allowing the Annihilator to be dumb fired.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 27, 2012.

1. LiamPam

Yes. Allow the Aniihilator to be dumb-fired to entirely defeat the purpose of having weapons with an ACTUAL difference in between them apart from some numbers.

I do agree that the Annihilator is weak, but you know what? Instead of getting just another generic launcher, SOE could also simply increase the damage of the thing. Problem solved, I'd say.
  2. Supercakers

You want them to "give back" dumb-fire?? It never HAD dumbfire! It came, out of the box, lock-on only for Air AND allll ground vehicles for the price of no dumbfire. You can trial every weapon, you can read the info. If you don't like the versatility of being able to lock on *any* vehicle in the game, don't buy/use it.
  3. LiamPam

It doesn't actually say it can't Dumb-Fire, I think. Still, as I said: if this thing gets dumb-fire, you might aswell just have one launcher overall, because it kinda defeats the purpose.. like, very hard.
  4. desktop

Its a very long range low damage missile launcher, you would of thought buzzcut of all people would of seen its potential to swiss cheese vehicles as they enter lock range if used on mass.
  5. Zotamedu

Or rather, it should be long range but some stupid bug or stupid design makes it do no damage at all on longer range. It really shouldn't lose any damage at range at all. It's a completely ******** mechanic. You control the effective range of a rocket with the burn time and lock on, not damage. It makes no sense.
  6. HerpTheDerp

I see no reason why it wouldn't be dumbfired. The damage difference is enough of a tradeoff.
  7. Hydragarium

Not even remotely.
  8. Marchief

I have the annihilator, I don't think it needs dumbfire as its an anti air and vehicle weapon.
    I do think it needs to have closer damage to the other lock-on launchers though with its longer lock on time (that should be left) as if you get caught out somewhere, an entire clip wouldn't kill a heavy tank
  9. Sian

How about no. If it could lock onto air and ground vehicles and still dumbfire at infantry, every HA would carry one (note that the splash damage for all launchers is still 1000) and it would annoy EVERYONE.
  10. LiamPam

Dumb-fire on the Annihilator STILL is an extremely dumb idea (no pun intended). All I read here is:

"The damage is too low!"
    "Solution: Let's increase the damage Let's make it able to dumb-fire!"
  11. LineTrap

A bad idea that should not be implemented. The trade-off for the ability to mass focus-fire down any vehicle at extreme range (which the guild leader OP uses Annihilators for) is allowing tanks with IR smoke to close on and engage Annihilator HAs. Even then it's dicey.

Instead of directing his minions to run balanced loadouts of Annihilators and dumbfired rockets/SKEPs, Buzz would prefer for the Annihilator to basically be a SKEP that can hit air as well. Hence this thread.

Incidentally, the release of this weapon made IR smoke (and presumably, flares) a very important certification. Worth sacrificing Magburner for, in my case. Haven't been killed (and barely get scratched by) lock-on launchers at all. And by playing a little more conservatively, the loss of Magburner hasn't affected my performance much either. Meanwhile Buzzdrones (and lesser copycat outfits) running mass Annihilator loadouts get farmed easier than ever. The Annihilator was truly a blessing in disguise.
  12. Stormlight666

I say NO to the option for dumb-fire. It's homing function is why you have it otherwise you'd be using a Decimator. You want dumbfire secondary shooting then use the anti-air or anti-vehicle launcher (both which should have the homing damage increased, yet the dumbfire decreased from it's current levels).
  13. Stormlight666

I actually think the specific anti-air, anti-vehicle launchers should have their damage increased due to them being single-role specific - followed by a nerf to their dumb-fire damage. The Annihilator should have it's damage slightly bumped and have NO dumbfire capability since it's a pure lock-on launcher (if you want to add anything add in the ability to lock onto max's). And then boost the Decimator damage up slightly as well. Then once that's done add in the Phoenix Launcher and then everyone will just use that one.
  14. LiamPam

I think every other launcher is fine as it is - except the Annihilator. The specific AA/AT launchers have 1500 damage instead of 1700 and the ability to lock on targets - in turn, when you fire without a lock, they have severe drop and reduced projectile speed. I think that's enough trade-off, actually.
  15. desktop

buzzcuts twitch

turns out buzzcut is full of crap. giving it dumbfire would turn it into a i win gun that he and his peons can use against everything, tanks aircraft and infantry.
  16. TheEvilBlight

I love how often the word "annoy" and "deter" are used in this thread, as opposed to kill.