[Suggestion] Allowing the Annihilator to be dumb fired.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 27, 2012.

1. {joer

It also has the longest lock on range by FAR and the fastest reload time. It will hit things you can only wave at with the other launchers. If you are going to list its disadvantages you need to list all its advantages too. The Annihilator is very situational. If you are in a situation where you need dumb fire, you were in a situation you shouldn't have used it in a load out. I'd rather not see it used as a grenade style launcher I think. If it was dumbfire it would be a minor issue, but not sure one the game really needs.
  2. Gary

No... The Annihilator is in a great place atm and fits a role very nicely. It is not a direct upgrade and is a side grade keeping out the p2w mentality. This launcher is currently a great support weapon and deters lots of vehicles and is still very deadly when used in pairs. You trade in the ability to dumb fire this for an increased range and the ability to lock All vehicles.

Allowing this launcher to be dumb fired renders all the other launchers useless since it can still 2 shot to the rear of a tank. This launcher would then be the fastest to reload, have the longest lock on range and have the ability to lock Air and Ground along with being dumb fired at infantry/turrets. No one would use any other launcher at all and this would be the only one ever used and ever needed for any situation.

If you want a dumb fire launcher pick one. Trade in the ability to lock air or ground or trade in both for increased damage.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dovahkiin

That clip shows nothing but a very organised, albeit rare and unlikely reproducible, use of the Annihilator.

How many people do you think will actually spend money on that thing, even for the cause of the outfit? Barely anyone is the answer.
  4. Hydragarium

So if people won't buy it because it is expensive (all launchers are - fun fact), that negates its statistics? Why colour me orange and call me a carrit!
  5. Sian

You can dumbfire with any of the other 4 launchers. If you want to dumbfire and you're holding an annihilator, all I can say is you made a poor choice.
    • Up x 1
  6. Messaiga

They could at least include in the description of it that it doesn't have the ability to dumbfire.
    • Up x 1
  7. Dovahkiin

Yes, great understanding you have there Sherlock. One day you'll be a detective.
  8. Haya jii san

Simply *NO* ! You have the ability to hit both land and air vehicles. Infantry was never the case with that weapon. It's not supposed to be a clear winner over the other rocket launchers.

Clear enough ? :)
    • Up x 1
  9. nitram1000

The Annihilator is perfect right now. I purchased it a few days ago and it is great, If I am on my own with an ammo pack next to me on a well positioned hill or high vantage point I can annoy the **** out of any incoming tank zerg and aircraft, granted I am not likely to get much or any kills at all, but just seeing 'LOCK ON' on your screen as a tank driver or pilot is enough to make you turn back, hide, use your flares or something.

I love seeing a Mossie up above about to finish off a Scythe, I will lock on to him and he will either throw his flares out and run away or I get a lock on and fire a missile, either way I just saved that friendly Scythe.
    • Up x 1
  10. warmachine1

Tried it, cant even hit ESF unless it hovers around, missile seems to be slower than faction AA, easy to dodge.
    Forget about libs unless u got engi suplying u & pilot is incredibly stupid.
    It has so many downsides compared to ability to lock ground & air.
  11. Deathcapt

The anihilator is the proposed changes to the G2A and G2A lockon launcher that everyone raged against (due to lack of dumb fire).

Personally, as HA or infantry in general, You're almost always operating near terminals or spawnpoints, and having to switch weapons isn't too much of a pain, and IMO would rather have more specialized launchers than weaker more general launchers. Epsecially when it comes to AA. The G2A should be good enough, right now it's trash.
  12. Hoffburger

Pretty awful and ******** idea. It's already the best open field rocket launcher, you just want it to be the best rocket launcher period because you made your whole outfit get it. Hell, you recently made a video and lauded how good it was. You posted this same idea on reddit and quickly took it down. I don't expect much intelligence from you, but this suggestion still surprises me.
  13. Lucidius134

This is such a circle jerk, lol.
  14. Fox2012

Dont know where you got the idea that it can't engage turrets because it locks on just fine to any base turret in range.

Also get used to the fact that you cant have 1 weapon be the best for every situation.

Being able to lockon to land an air targets is the weapons best feature. The person geting locked doesnt know what sort of rocket your using and in most cases it makes them flee for cover, which in turn makes it easier for your side to advance.

In group combat you can lock on to target after target and get assists on them all, you dont need to plink away at just 1 target.
    • Up x 1
  15. Yloh

I myself own the Annihilator and dumpfire would be a bit to much.
  16. Regpuppy

The annihilator is fine as is. It might not be the best individually, but god damn does it shine in large groups where coordinated fire tends to overkill anyways. No need for a whole platoon to change out rocket-launchers mid engagement. Just pick the most dangerous target and shoot. The inability to shoot infantry is hardly a sacrifice when, you know, you have an actual gun with you.

The fact that it can lock on to both and actually has decent range and rocket speed against both is good enough. Lock-on time seemed decent as well. So I really don't see what's to hate, but then again I'm use to fighting Vanu half the time and being able to dumbfire doesn't much help out there when the rockets dumbfire velocity and drop is horrid to begin with :p
  17. Glythe

Everyone was mad the AV/AA launchers were going to lose dumbfire so they let them have those options as people had already bought them.

They made the new launchers to provide more options... You can't have a high damage, lock on to everything AND dumbfire launcher.
  18. Tuqui-tuqui

I love my Anni but just like any other weapon in this game it is situational. As a deterrent (meaning that enemy armor and birds are still a distance away) it is hands-down the best RL one can buy. But when enemy is practically sitting on top of you, unless you have multiple people using it like Hydra showed in the video, then you had best switch to default RL.

A few days ago I posted issues that really need to be fixed:

- Anni rockets not doing dmg even though it hits even if the target is a few yards away from me

- Lock-on distance not showing properly. I lock on, it follows target, but rocket disappears.

So, no, no dumb fire for the Anni. Just better code-fixing for targeting.
  19. MykeMichail

This table doesn't take into account projectile speed. This table pretty much implies that the Decimator is absolutely superior to the default Rocket launchers, when its slow projectile speed makes it difficult to use against moving targets at even medium ranges.

The Annihilator's projectile speed is significantly faster than the AT and AA launchers, meaning you increase your probability of a hit significantly.

Does this make up for the lack of dumbfire?

I don't know. But one major issue I can see, is that people will end up using the Annihilator as a 1-shot anti-infantry weapon, in which case it will be completely OP with its high projectile speed. It'll be like playing Quake Live.
  20. Artuskan

Where the Annihilator shines is turrets. It will lock onto Phalanx turrets as well as the Engineer's Mana Turret. Unlike other launchers, it seems to take out the Engy turrets with one shot, unless I've been lucky and every one I shot had already taken damage. I normally carry the Decimator, but I'll switch to the Annihilator when the situation merits. I have the others, but almost never use them.