ALL ( br 0 \ 50 )ENGINEERS should read this. Will change ur life forever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innersphere1, Jan 24, 2014.

1. innersphere1

Ok i just asked a lvl 50 engi near me to give me ammo pleasseee...but he trowd an AP mine to me and ran away... he had cool skins and helmets, so i asked him why no ammo for me? " Sorry, i have c4 equipped"

Good players understand what i mean...
    Change your life, equip your turret then press B .... pooooff .... ammo box !!! Even if u have c4 !!!
    -.-'
    • Up x 18
  2. Hatesphere

I already thought most people knew this.
    • Up x 1
  3. innersphere1

I forgot to tell u the best thing, he was leading a platoon .
    Yes most knows but many not !
    • Up x 4
  4. Nocturnal7x

Many do, but this game has a lot of completely unexplained idiosyncrasies. Lots of crap we "just have to know".

Also I didn't know anything at BR50. He was just a baby.
  5. innersphere1

I dont know if this thing is explained in the tutorial now.. when i started this game there was no tutorials and i discovered this late
    • Up x 1
  6. AssaultPig

there really needs to be a loading screen tip for this or something

anything to get a clue phone to all these engineers who repair my max and then stand their confused when I spam v > 4 over and over
    • Up x 2
  7. WyrdHarper

This is a fun game:
    1) Go to Indar
    2) Somehow get squad/platoon lead
    3) /orders Engineers, you can press B to turn your turret ACE tool into an ammo pack!
    4) See how many OMGWUT tells you get and try to get a high score

Uh...for certain definitions of fun. Playing engineer too much gives you a weird sense of humor.
    • Up x 8
  8. innersphere1

this !
  9. DeadAlive99

Question for you guys. You used to be able to have 2 ammo packs out at once by doing this. But now, when I drop my 'ace' pack, the first ammo pack disappears. Did they remove the ability to have 2 out at once, or is this a bug?
  10. Syrathin

They changed it to where you could only have one ammo pack out. Things were much better back in the day... You could throw down two ammo packs and at the time there wasn't a bloody effing cap on the xp you got from ammo drops that maxes out in under two minutes!! But I'm not bitter or anything. ;)
  11. DeadAlive99

Ah, that's a bummer. Engy is a lot of work.

Another question though. I heard someone in another thread say that the xp/time cap on ammo packs will reset if you earn xp doing other things at the same time, but I haven't really noticed that. I've done tons of reps on V's and and Maxes and it doesn't seem to reset any faster. So, is this true, or is the cap firm?
  12. Syrathin

I can't confirm or deny, I've never noticed it reset based on what else I was doing though and I rarely ever drop ammo and stand about idle so I wouldn't buy into that one personally. So far as I know it's just a timer and there's nothing to do but wait for it to reset.
  13. dymm

SOE got stupid bug with this. If you trying to set turrets and was killed, you can not set turret of this type till log off. So no ammo too.
  14. Aesir

No, it's not a bug, your ACE tool has a cooldown after you placed either an ammo box or a turret. You can see said cooldown on your right in the equipment screen as the symbol fills up again.
  15. VanuSovereignty

That's not what he said. He said if you die while holding the ammo-ACE tool that you can't place that ACE tool until you relog.
  16. Aesir

A sorry I read over the get killed part. Though I actually never encountered that one, odd. Since I'm sure I died a couple of times with my ace tool in hands.
  17. Maelthra

I remember wondering why the Ammunition Pack wasn't listed under the Utility Slot category alongside Proximity/Tank Mines and C4 (in the certifications section) yet it was equipped on my character in the Utility Slot. I found this little discrepancy a little curious. I went so long not realizing that you could use the turret to set down an ammo pack.

I finally figured it out once when I read the full description for the AI MANA Turret. It says something along the lines of how the ACE tool can be used to place the turret or an ammunition pack.
  18. dymm

I have not tested this specially, but think you need not just hold, but set turret when get killed.
    And timeout itself is very annoying thing regarding to swapping turret/ammo.
    • Up x 1
  19. Azarga

Some players don't even know their weapons can change fire mode, no wonder they don't know about MANA giving ammo.
    I laugh but at the same cry bitter, bitter tears when I have to explain another br 50+ engie that he always have ammo pack with him.
  20. Ac3s

To be fair, I did not know about turret-B to give ammo until I was level 87 and someone just happened to mention it in game to me, which oddly enough was a Vanu enemy when I was playing TR.