[Vehicle] Air to ground combat is TERRIBLE!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Feb 25, 2019.

1. karlooo

I don't think that's the problem. I believe the problem is that this game doesn't have what it should.
    It forces this absolutely **** and boring meta of redeploying/deploying. Also the players do not have much to choose from, to win all we need is a mobile spawn and infantry. The rest is useless, because of the meta and how the game is balanced.

Basically it's ignoring the open world and freedom of choices....which it could have very easily.
    • Up x 1
  2. Silkensmooth

Not successful? The game is six years old and still going fairly strong.

It's not a carebear game like WoW wherre everyone can play and feel like they are a winner doing pve.

This is a great game. Always has been.

Are there problems, sure. But those problems are largely a problem of perception for those who have never lived on the other side.

People who dont fly feel flak is too weak.

People who only fly feel flak is too strong.

People who fly and play infantry and vehicles realize flak is very strong and over abundant. That is why you don't have air participating in large battles.

People who only play infantry think lock-ons are no good.

People who fly realize invisible guys doing 42 to 75%% damage with one volley, be it a single rocket or a swarm, realize that g2a launchers are too strong most of the time, especially vs a2a ESF which have no way to fight back if they can even locate the heavy at all, which most of the time you cant.

Even then some of the time they are hiding in the spawn room so even when you locate them you cant kill them. Same goes for spawn room bursters creating areas of denial without any risk.

People who play non-heavy class think heavy is op, until they play a heavy and realize that the super bright glow of the overshield draws fire like flies to poo.

You can tell that most of the people who claim flying a2g is op are people who have never flown.

If you are a solo guy in a tank away from the armor collumn an ESF with a2g anti-vehicle is very strong.

On the other hand at any large scale battle, and that is what ps2 is supposed to be all about, you can participate in ANY battle with a2g.

Wall of text alert, tldr, grass is always greener on the other side.
  3. Silkensmooth

And to chingles the tank driver. Remember if we make it more realistic, when a dalton round comes down near you it blows your tank to bits and creates a crater in the ground 50 meters wide.

Still want it to be realistic?
  4. karlooo

That's not realistic but sounds cool lol.
    Why not? One shot into the top armor of the tank will destroy it....I don't see any issue here (Just Lib would need some changes, for example remove it's ability to hover - rework, make it not fully operable by one person, increase price, acceleration/de-acceleration should take more time)
  5. DIGGSAN0

How about Ground Anomalies (like earthholes) so the Ground can focus on them and Air can support?
  6. karlooo

Speaking of realism the Liberator rounds should move in the direction we are travelling. Like this:

[IMG]

For a really long time I did not know that in Planetside 2 the rounds don't travel with you and all you needed to do was directly aim lol.
    I always tried to estimate my aim and missed everything, Liberator pilots always got mad...like as if it was obvious the rounds don't travel with us. Did they not have physics classes in high school! :p

Anyways it's also boring, just point and clicking.

Found this WW2 cartoon video talking about gunning bombers:
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

I think this is the kind of stuff that should be decided in pre-production, not 6 years after release. ;) Adding velocity inheritance to projectiles would make vehicle combat very different from what players are used to.
  8. IVANPIDORVAN

Problem is you are TR with banshee. Try mustang. That simple.