AI VS MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YouWannaGetHigh, Nov 1, 2016.

1. LaughingDead

Someone got it!
    But it sorta does something, make laneholding better....still god awful.
  2. Liewec123

i think its purpose is best used from afar for AA/AV, i haven't tested if it actually helps the shots to kill at all,
    but it feels like it does XD
    for AI you're literally just glowing and taking 20% more damage, you aren't killing any faster :p
  3. VastlyBlank

You are moving faster though (at least as fast as infantry walk speed), which, if charge gets removed, makes it far more of a choice coupled with the ability to turn it on or off at will.
  4. Halkesh

I'll mainly use ZOE for overall mobility : you sprint faster (6.5 instaid of 6.0), accelerate quicker and strafe faster. But i'll toggle it OFF during combat.

I think it can still be helpful against infantry as it increase the minimal TTK range by a few meter (as someone pointed it earlier on this thread, quasar will be 167@15 meter instaid of 167@10. It's cool but not enough for the ZOE drawback.

BTW, this 10% damage boost apply at all range ?
  5. DivineEquinox

I agree with your top portion, I didn't think about that fact that dual wielding weapons don't notice a one bullet change as much, however you alternatives to ZOE are are a bit ridiculous. The "time bubble" ability would just delay the imminent death of the VS MAX as soon as a c4 carrying infantry saw a paralyzed MAX they would rain down c4 and wait for the ability to expire. Leeching health from bullets would be a pure upgrade from the Aegis Shield, making either the Aegis Shield too weak or this new ability too powerful. I'm not sure what you mean by "run mode" if you're talking about something like charge(which if i recall correctly is currently replaced by a fire suppression-like ability on PTS) then that may work as being the only MAX unit able to dodge into cover or quickly escape out of an open field.
  6. Ziggurat8

I really like the stock gun x2. It's got just the right stopping power plus a nice big extended mag and very good reserve ammo.

Flak armor first, 1hk to C4 and tank mines makes your 450 nanites a very poor investment.

Charge until they remove it from the game. Again 450 nanites; you want to stay alive as long as you possibly can. A get me out of here now button will save your *** on many many many occasions. ZOE gets you dead faster.
  7. Xuare

All the other factions retained their special abilities from Planetside 1... wish the VS Max's would as well. It's what made up for their less than steller weapons

[Spoiler: The "old" VS MAX ability was jump jets. The balance was the lesser weapons and that the engi's couldn't follow you. Unless LA can repair, that still holds true]