[Suggestion] Add Av Turret Sensitivity Slider

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

It seems this topic has gone quiet, are people totally content with how the turret handles in the game? I spend a fair amount of time using my engineer assisting foot or tank zergs, using my rifle to snipe and using the AV turret, at long ranges where your target is only a few pixels it is very frustrating to have the crosshair (dot) skip pixels and forcing you to miss a target.

No options or settings can eliminate this behaviour, i turn my dpi down on my mouse it makes it easier to fine tune the aim, but still it skips pixels. Adjusting the sensitivity of vehicles in the options isn't an option as that would screw over tank turrets, AA turrets, etc...

If there is some non-official solution to this problem i would be very grateful if somebody could help me. Otherwise i plead to the devs to look into this quality of life issue.
    • Up x 2
  2. Vikarius

Only if they fix the hitbox of the engineer behind the turret, 8/10 when clearly sniping and seeing the round hit the engineer's head or back it still plinks the turret. It is like it offers a 360 degree dome shield against people shooting you at over 100m, I am talking BOTH AV and A I turrets
  3. Duff_Chimp

Works both ways my friend, makes good cover though...
  4. Vikarius

That doesn't even make sense...
  5. LordMondando

I think the fact its a bugger to control is a good offset for its power.
  6. Rabbitz

Workaround
    - Reduce vehicle mouse sensitivities will help smoothing MANA Turret movement.
  7. Shasbot

Buy a gaming mouse.
  8. Trebb

I bought a relatively cheapo gaming mouse, and made mouse button 3 shift from 1000dpi movement the the absolute minimum when I hold down mouse 3. The mouse barely moves, always a pixel at a time.

With this + the AV turret, I'm 100% accurate on stationary vehicles/turrets, even infantry(don't ******, they're standing still!), if they're moving in a straight line I get vehicles about 95% of the time. (infantry moving, not so much, but I'll try)

I regularly hit aircraft with them too, especially if they're moving in a straight line. It's like a mini game then, keep the missle over the airplane (depending on speed, you may need to have the target reticule a good 4-5 inches in front of them)

That said, I think snipers have caught on. I almost never have one miss, they get me first time everytime, no *tink* sound on my turret, or bullet going overhead. I'm seriously debating getting max rank nanoweave, but I'm so got-damn sick of LOLPOD spam, I can't give up flak armor.[IMG]
  9. Duff_Chimp

The hitbox, you can't fire through it when crouching next to it. It extends bigger than the actual turret profile..
  10. Vikarius

which means it needs to be fixed... sniper is supposed to be something your vulnerable to when using an engi turret, not immune to
  11. RageMasterUK

12. FreelancePanic

I'd rather prefer the RMB doing something on the turret. Even if RMB doesn't zoom, it really should slow down the movement of the turret like ADSing with guns.
  13. RageMasterUK

You dont mean all guns ofcourse, since you get a sensitivity slider with scoped weapons above x2
  14. Duff_Chimp

I've been sniped plenty of times whilst in it, immune would be the wrong word...
    How about reduce its power and give us proper sensitivity. The skipping pixels thing is an artifact of mouse acceleration, seeing as i have that turned off, i don't get problems with any other scopes, guns, turrets, i don't want it with this damned turret either. Stupid thing is i have made some crazy difficult shots and miss some really easy ones due to this problem. Doesn't seem right really.

Just some acknowledgement would be nice, is an intended thing to balance it? Or is at glitch/bug that needs addressing??

I have a G700, i turn my sensitivity down when using the turret, it doesn't prevent pixel skipping just makes it less obvious. The real problem is fast switching between that and my rifle. If i see a sniper lining a shot up, i don't want to have to fiddle my sensitivity back to normal just so i can take a quick reaction shot...
  15. LibertyRevolution

Make sure you are using RAW mouse input.
    Make sure your windows mouse speed is set lower than the 6th notch, if its set to above 6 you end up with it skipping pixels.
    Make sure you have disabled acceleration, you have to more than just uncheck the box on windows 7.
    Turn off enhanced pointer precision.
    I have no skipped pixels with my G400 on lowest DPI when using AV Turret...

Unless they introduced a new bug today... I have not logged in in the last 8 hours.