About AA MAX

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Leopolis [AM], Dec 19, 2014.

1. Leopolis [AM]

I really enjoy playing AA (lightning, HA and MAX) and i dont know how to equip my MAX.

Actually im playing with the "more ammo capacity" (dont know the exact name), with auto repair (each time i die cause there is no engi, even at the spawnroom) and using the implant that shows the ennemy lifebar.

Im playing as NC MAX and not that bad at aiming (just got some headaches due to galaxies falling on my head).
    Also keeping some certs to get the extended clips (does it work for both weapons ?)

So... any tip for an AA MAX ? except the implant i think my "build" isn't that bad (also low cost).
  2. _itg

Extended mags need to be purchased separately for each arm, so that's 1,000 certs total.

I'd suggest running charge and flak armor for your basic AA loadout. Charge will get you out of bad situations, and you don't need the extra ammo if you're anywhere near a terminal (which you typically will be as an AA MAX). The shield is a reasonable choice, too, for the same basic reason. Flak armor is a safer choice than auto-repair, since you'll be a lot less likely to die from one big burst of damage. If you get low on health, you can switch to autorepair at the terminal.
    • Up x 2
  3. DrBash00

_itg sayed all i would tell you ^^.

In general the Skyguard is "better", as a TR max you could "ancore" but as a NC just charge + flak armor and lv 1 auto repair to switch it back in the spawn room.

But i hardly reccomend you to find a GOOD outfit where you get 3 or 5 mates that play engie with you and maby a second or thirt AA max, then you get down all the aircrafts for shure and much faster ;-)

4. Leopolis [AM]

Thanks for tips guys.
    I'll need some time to use correctly my charge ability but engies (who hear you) are rare so...yes some mates playing as an AA squad will be a good idea.

For flak armor except for C4 i never got problems : against mosquito's or scythes they die before me (with nano repair equipped).

Thanks also for the extended magazine ^^
    Well let's get back a correct ping on Miller to try this !

See you soon on auraxis (in the sky as my target maybe ?) guys and again thanks !
  5. NoctD

Ammo Storage is very useful, but you can use Charge initially. Always run Flak Armor, switch to Nanite Repair only inside safety and wait for yourself to get healed first. Extended Mags have to be bought per arm. Try to get to Flak 4 at least, and put 1-2 levels into your nanite repair for those no engineer moments. Always know where you can retreat to safety and learn the patterns air will use, so you know where to look for them and can light them up at the right times.

Without Flak Armor, you just take too much AOE damage, it will lead to a lot more deaths. Be patient for the repairs in between, you will be safer that way.

Order of certs for priority...

Charge 1 -> Flak 4 -> Nanite Repair 2 -> Extended Mags -> Flak 5 -> Ammo Storage

Ammo Storage will do you little good if you are dying too quickly. Enhanced Targeting which you're using is the implant I normally run for the Burster MAX.
  6. TeddyMan56

I just run with auto repair and I stand near or under a taller object like a tree, 9 times out of 10 people won't spot you right away and if they do happen to spot you and start shooting at you most of their shots will impact on your cover leaving you fairly intact. Its only if you stand in the open your easy prey to aircraft, even then most of the time people take off the minute they start taking AA fire.
  7. Cymoril

I have yet to find a squad/unit that enjoys having AA Maxes. The combat is so fast and the squad leaders change their mind so much. As an AA Max, what's FUN to me isn't fun for my squad leader, thus I have opted out of the squads I currently rejoined after a year break. I play whatever faction has the most potential fun with my AA max. Having chars spread out all over before the cluster helped me. I like the tip with the auto repair at terminals. Went right over my head, never thought about it, and yet I do that as a medic all the time.
    Is it worth it to not anchor in trade off of having max ammo canisters ? Which NC max guns give range ? I always seem to be that guy shot PB in the face with the NC max, yet when I am the NC max I don't have the same luck as the guy im PLing in XP with easy kills. Is there a middle range weapon ? Thanks for any tips.