AA max is ruining the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by holycaveman, May 4, 2013.

1. holycaveman

Thaks for the video. But like I said in my post. I am not dying to them. I don't sweat lock ons or max's. I know how to avoid or out fly them.

That is not the issue. The issue is they are everywhere and they ruing the rest of the game for air.

They are not needed. ITs just a shooting gallery. As I just stated if ground guys would be smart and pull sky guards and turrets more. There would not be a problem.

I can not tell you the last time I was hit with a skyguard? Its like they have disapeared? They are not needed. The max takes out everything.
  2. WalrusJones

To be fair, Skyguards take half a dozen rocket hits now from infantry weapons, and are rarely lost to missile fire.

I know, since... I drive one.
  3. holycaveman

Yea there are a ton of launchers pointed and you guys! LOL And in the air. A max does not carry any exp points. Nothing like taking out a tank or even an esf.
  4. Purg

They're not needed, really? One could make an argument that the amount of AA MAX being pulled is in proportion to how much they're needed.

In the last couple of days since the last patch where there was insufficient AA, ESF's obliterated anything that moved. Where there was a heap of AA, ESFs still did a crapload of damage. Some escaped, some didn't.

You can't pull Skyguards from every base. I just watched 3 Liberators tear up our two Skyguards in a matter of seconds. ESFs then came in and cleaned the rest of us up - including me, an AA MAX who was copping shells and Photon Pods while trying to fend them off.

Hey, you like to fly now - you obviously want to do it without any real resistance. I would highly recommend a game that's right up your alley. Whack-a-mole. Without AA MAX, that's what Planetside 2 is like for ESF.
    • Up x 2
  5. holycaveman

Sure you can make that argument if your goal is to wipe all aircraft completely out! Go play space invaders if that is your idea of fun.

The maxAA is easy, cost nothing, and takes no skill. Point and shoot.

Definitely dragging down an awesome game.
  6. metrotw

AA max is the least skilled position in the entire game. Anyone who actually WANTS to look up at the sky all the time waiting for "hurrr i see plane i shoot hurrrrrrr" can do it as far as i'm concerned. I've killed soooo many maxes that are totally focused on looking up they don't realize i'm dumping mag after mag of rounds into them until they die.

"DUHHHHH WHICH WAY DID HE GO BOSS? WHICH WAY DID HE GO?"
  7. K3STR3L

Jerusalem has a ratio of 8.1 as a reaver pilot, seems AA doesn't affect him to much? Weird how some pilots can do well but yet others can't seem to adapt and do as good.
    I do hope SOE looks at the good pilots and can see what a skilled pilot can do rather than listening to players who can't adapt or are unwilling to learn proper tactics or move out of enemy Burster/AA hot spots.

I can't help but laugh at some of these nerf AA threads. I have a mossy with level1 armour and I hardly ever die to flak, but then again, as soon as I get hit I do go low and get out of there asap.
  8. Zenanii

Fixed to demonstrate was the game was like before burstermaxes "ruined your fun". While I do not think the current air vs ground balance is right I have a hard time tolerating such a obviously biased and sensless post.

The REAL Root of the problem is the esf. They are way too flexible and, more importantly, way to potent versus ground. The burster maxes is the only thing keeping air in check, it's a band-aid to a fundamentaly broken system. This creates one of two extreme situations: AA is present and air is completely locked out of a fight. Or there is no AA present (or not enough) and air completely dominates ground.

What needs ro happen is to remove rocketpods completely from esf to make them more focused towards A2A, leaving most of the A2G action to the liberators. In turn, reduce the range of all AA. Either increase spread, reduce velocity or add damage fall-off.
    This way you force pilots to actually invest in some of the heavier air units (liberators) for proper A2G firepower, but exposes to enemy esf. Esf in turn will no longer be as devestating against any target not covered by friendly AA. AA will still be potent in straight-up engagements with air but will now be point-defense instead of massive area denial, allowing air to work around and participate in medium-large fights.
    More importantly, air dominance will matter, instead of neither side deploying air because of AA, you will see esf actively fighting for the skies to allow friendly liberators to move in.
    • Up x 4
  9. Zagareth

What do you expect? That you fly around and no one shoots at you?
    Thats like I'm driving a tank, expecting that every infantry foe let me drive by in peace...

Big /facepalm for you
    • Up x 1
  10. GSZenith

hey these are the same guys who thought release esf/zep were* balanced... just ignore bads and keep buying more lockons until they quit.
    • Up x 1
  11. Accuser

They were balanced, but nobody had access to default AA to shoot back at them. If 5% of players had used AA at launch, no nerfs would have happened :p
    The big thing now is buffing the Skyguard and nerfing the Burster MAX range. MAX is better in a dozen different ways, when it should be a short-range close defense, rather than a sky-clearing behemoth that out-shines an AA tank.
    • Up x 2
  12. holycaveman

[they were balancedquote="GSZenith, post: 1680066, member: 123646"]hey these are the same guys who thought release esf/zep were* balanced... just ignore bads and keep buying more lockons until they quit.[/quote]

they were balanced. but some people thought they could just walk around all over without getting shot at.

sounds familiar?
  13. GSZenith

speaking as someone who's FIRST 1k cert item in game, (bought like medic upgrades only prio) was the second bursters...no they lolpod zep wasn't balanced at release.
  14. MrGurrenLemfox

The AA max is just getting to be plain irritating. Its ruining this game. I know I am not the first person to say that, but its true.

I am not dying to them. But they really ruin driving a tank for everyone. They are now at small bases to large bases. Shoot, they are out in the middle of no where!!!

I am against nerfing. But this is just stupid.

It makes the game more kiddy like.

Rant off, delete the thread, move it whatever.

You can beat me up, kill me, but just don't bore me. LOL

......no double standard please. ESF can be pulled from every tower and it takes no less than a minute to get everywhere. it need coordinated AA max to kill an ESF and 1 AA max is only to detter/ make ESF annoyed, it can't kill you if you are not stupid.....L2P please

RIP for reaver with ZOE and lockdown Update.
  15. Zenanii

As far as I know the only change to zephyr was added "bullet" drop (which was irrelevant for the liberator at launch, since no infantry rendered unless you were on top of them, where the drop didn't matter either way). As for themaxes, they are WEAKER in their current state then they were during release.

Only real differance is that a lot of people have actually unlocked the second burster now. Not sure what genius over SOE thought it would be a great idea to have the counter to air cost 1k cert to unlock >_>
  16. kadney

If you still cry so much about the AA max.. just wait for SOE and lockdown..

*Dear friend,
    you shall build a huge ship, made of wood, take two of each kind, male and female, and prepare for the flood made of tears.*
  17. chrisbeebops

Burster max is fine. Pretty much the only ESFs that get killed by 1 or two burster maxes are ones that fly solo in a straight line right over the maxes. They don't even try to break LOS, some just hover over a target absorbing flak for a few seconds before they realize they are on fire and then once again move in a straight line. I've killed countless ESFs doing this, it is extremely easy.

The good pilots and coordinated groups have no problem dealing with anti air. They have no problem flying in quickly, firing off some rockets or rotary, and getting out. They'll swarm AA maxes with multiple aircraft and kill them quickly. Or they'll have friendlies on the ground dispatch the AA maxes quickly *gasp*.

The only people I see complaining about burster maxes are ESF pilots who are mad they can't just solo farm infantry all day long with impunity.
    • Up x 3
  18. holycaveman

Not true. Good pilots are affected the same. Coordinated or not( I play both) are also effected. Good pilots have nothing to do with what I am talking about. I don't die from AA. Thats not the point.
  19. Emotitron

Ruined the game for pilots at least, most of them (myself included) just gave up waiting for the air game to get better and have conceded that the devs do not want good pilots in their game disbalancing things and annoying their casual infantry. I still troll the forums now and then to see if anything is finally changing, so I guess I haven't completely given up hope.

Judging by my all gray friends list (which consisted of most of the best pilots on the server from way back yestermonths) I am not the only one.

It should be noted that most pilots have said they are fine with rocket pod nerfs (though we laugh at the idea since people getting farmed by rockets are pretty much being nubs), we all just want the reach of AA maxes/turrets reduced so we can actually be part of the team play and dogfight over major battles. AA Maxes are what drive ESF pilots to lonewolf and farm infantry. ESFs are available to everyone. If you want to be in a shooter without them, why not go play Blacklight Retribution of any other number of FPS shooters out there with teamplay?

People who haven't put the time into flying will not understand, and are happy to see the good pilots gone. How dare players who have spent 100s of hours mastering the hardest machines in the game dare kill infantry who are too dim to hide behind cover, pull AA, or god forbid actually learn to fly themselves? So much easier to just crack another beer and complain about getting farmed on the forums.

And there you have it. Mediocrity breeding mediocrity.

When Star Citizen comes out, that is where I bet most of the serious players migrate.
    • Up x 3
  20. holycaveman

No double standard here how about you? Max's can be pulled where exactly? One AA max can easily deter 4 esf. And cost how much? How many experience points do you get for killing a max? How many times can they be revived if you kill them? How many places can the hide behind shields and still be deadly? How far can they shoot? At what distance can a pilot see them?

IF you think AA max's are fine. You are purposely trying to be ignorant of the problem. Plain and simple.