A Sniper's Ruminations [Problems/Suggestions]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BetaGuru, Jul 29, 2013.

1. sanguin1us

a awesome post sir hit the nail on the head
  2. Jachim

Yes, this Combined Arms Game should stop having tanks and ESF's in it.

Could do with less snipers honestly, too.

In all honesty, regardless of MY position on sniping and its pointlessness, I do conclude that your post was well thought out, and thorough. Despite my dislike of the general sniping population in this game.
  3. BetaGuru

At exactly no point have I suggested this. I'm merely pointing out how we're all just doing what we can to hustle.

Thanks for the compliment, anyway.

Some of us like the challenge of long-range sniping. Mustarde is in the top 5 killers on Mattherson. Suggesting that we should be like him is like me suggesting that you should be more like Kobe Bryant, and if you can't then that's something wrong with you, and not, say, due to his obviously elevated natural talent for slammin' and jammin'.

I wasn't aware Planetside 2's objective was to win a popularity contest. I thought that the objective was to use the tools presented in-game to have the most fun possible by helping your team the best way you can.

Well, I happen to have a talent for sniping. The fact that you personally don't like it ranks on my list of concerns somewhere around 'Am I running low on shoelaces?'. The devs included this gameplay to cater to those who enjoy it and, speaking as one who is the target audience, I feel it's shoddily implemented and could be measurably improved.
  4. Dingus148

And I'm saying your implementation will hurt the majority's experience to improve your own (and you fail to see the comparison between spawnroom spammers and long-range snipers). It's piss-poor and only adds to the frustration of the majority of players. Snipers, generally useless sods they are, don't contribute enough to the team to warrant any special treatment, period. Now, were it improving their class by removing scope sway altogether or removing the directional hit indicator, I'd be all for that. Hell, even give them camouflage and wookie suits if that's what they want. But OHKs on headshots without being in retaliation range? I guess you'd best hope Hell is exothermic.

Your "talent" means nothing because you're adding nothing to the team. You're not on point, you're not harassing, you're not pushing. You're plinking away at max range, achieving nothing that can't be undone by me, as a medic, in less than a second. It takes you longer to rechamber your next round than it does for me to rez someone. I'm sorry you're useless. Not my fault you play a useless playstyle.
  5. lilleAllan

Why are infiltrators always downplaying their strengths around these parts?
    Whenever some fool says that the cloak or the recon detect device are useless you just know that he's worthless.
    • Up x 1
  6. BetaGuru

You are a remarkably hostile person towards someone you've never met. Considered yoga?

I'm a medic too, pal-o-mine. My #2 weapon, as of my last check, was the Pulsar. So I know the difference between the playstyles and I understand the differences in utilization and effectiveness. I don't have to have them explained to me by you.

In fact, Mr. Medic, you should be with me on this one. Assuming you have the max rank medic tool, you should know (I mean, haha, I don't need to explain it to you as if you're a toddler, haha) that healing someone from near death takes way longer than rezzing them. So if BASR's OHK nano5 users, you'd be getting more rez exp, faster. If cert farming your medic tool is your bag (I know its mine when I'm grunting) then you stand only to gain if the weekend warriors are getting capped in higher quantity while they're trying to snipe infantry with their default rocket launchers.

The thing is, as I've explained before, I'm already getting the headshots. The question is about reward. With nano5, the target needs to fall back and be healed; again, a process that takes longer than if he was just rezzed. Also, rather than getting the exp that should be my due for headshotting a distance target, pixels-wide on my screen, moving, is deprived of me. You don't get rez exp. Nobody's winning in this scenario, except my target has one less D and I have one less K.

If I'm using a weapon that has one and only one function, then I am well within my rights to complain if that function is not reliable.

Who is saying cloak and recon dart are useless? Because it certainly wasn't me. Did you read my OP?