A.S.P. LMG Access for Combat Medic Class

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Aug 14, 2018.

1. NXR1

One easy mode class with 1 shot rifles is enough.
  2. Demigan

Medics wouldn't be easy mode with snipers.
    • Up x 2
  3. NXR1

its the snipers that are easy mode, not the class its on.
  4. Demigan

Even if that were true, it doesn't have a negative effect on the game. Medics with snipers would be inferior in just about every way compared to Infiltrators and not make the game worse for it.
  5. Khaader

The snipers are not easy mode, they are like shotguns at a distance, not good for cqc but excells at distance and shotguns excells at cqc but not good at distance... so medics would have no reason to take a sniper having battle rifles and assault rifles, given the fact that the fights where they actually participate are mid fights.
  6. NXR1

Snipers are just as good at CQC as they are at range, aiming isnt any harder, infact its quite a bit easier scope in click once, guys dead, repeat.
  7. Khaader

Take a sniper, an smg, a shotgun and a carabine to CQC and try to see which one is better because, remember that Planetside 2 is not a 1 v 1 enviroment so yes, the cqc bolt action sniper is powerful, as the Daimyo, but it HARDLY penalizes you for missing one single shot. That is not happening with shotguns, carabines, smgs etc... And having the ability to take a scope to their heads while they are shooting to you and getting a headshot is actually difficult. Scoping them from a flank is as effective as if you have a battle rifle and actually an lmg can give you more adaptability in doing that. My thoughts are still the same, snipers are not easy mode, 1 shot, 1 try, 1 aim is all you got at medium-close ranges (in cqc this is even more difficult). ¿Lmg? You have plenty of time compared to the sniper to get yourself saved...
  8. NXR1

Yes the game is not just 1v1's however its also not just running out into the open and trying to outgun the entire enemy team, most of the game is just using cover to peak fire at the enemies until one side finally manages to make a push, a role that a 1 hit kill excels at far beyond any other gun in the game. And while you say its difficult to scope in one someones head every other gun has the do the same thing and usually the first shot that you fire when starting combat is going to be a headshot its just quite a bit easier when that first shot is also the last you need to fire.
  9. IroncladBomber

I'll say this, as an Engineer, SMGs and Carbines are great, and LMGs don't out preform them. But the having the Watchman with unlimited Ammo and my Spitfire helping me, I actually prefer it over carbines since I have fire saturation and suppress enemies with a little fire control.