A.S.P. LMG Access for Combat Medic Class

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Aug 14, 2018.

1. NeonSonic

Thought it would be fun.
  2. LordKrelas

Why would you want an LMG?
    It's inferior to the Assault-Rifle in general use - which is why Medics have it (ARs), really.
    I'd ask for like Battle-rifles or SMG's - something they don't have a weapon similar to.
    • Up x 2
  3. FateJH

Combat Medics already have access to Battle Rifles and to SMG's.
    And Shotguns.
    And, through an A.S.P. option, Carbines.
    • Up x 3
  4. LordKrelas

Alrighty, apparently I need to use my medic more.
    Thanks, anything they are missing?
  5. Demigan

Medics would be one of the few classes that could be allowed any weapon, from snipers to shotguns and heavy weapons, simply because their basic abilities dont eclipse any class who has access to it. So I would even just add an ASP that gives the Medic access to every single weapon in the game. The Engineer could have the same. They are the least used classes for infantry combat and even infinite ammo is in no way OP for any weapon set. The only thing OP about the infinite ammo VS weapons is that they reload without interrupting your ability to reëngage and they do this automatically after every shot.
    • Up x 1
  6. Luicanus

Rocket launchers.

But that would be pretty nuts.
    • Up x 1
  7. Voodoo4500

Assault rifles are far superior to LMGs.
  8. Rydenan

I think LMGs would be fun on medic. The high magazine capacity and ammo pool would really complement medics who want to play a support role, rather than Medium Assault (and therefore aren't worried about how ARs technically have better TTK or 1v1 potential or whatever.)
    • Up x 1
  9. Voodoo4500

lol "Support Role".....Support role just means you're using a crappy gun that you like to play with but are at a major disadvantage in reality.
  10. Rydenan

If you can't understand the value of huge magazines that drastically reduce downtime - and, for example, allow you to rez a teammate without worrying about reloading your own weapon first - then there's no point in me trying to argue with you.

I'm decent at the game, and I'm fairly confident I'd still be able to win engagements without the "optimal" stats of an AR. I'd gladly switch to an LMG for the versatility and just for the change of pace.
  11. TR5L4Y3R

either
    archer
    rockletrifle
    or AV grenadelauncher as primary, no i´m not talking bout underbarrel nadelaunchers ..

oh and AV grenades ...
    • Up x 1
  12. NeonSonic

the weapons in the game are already balanced they should open up like how they did with PlanetSide 1 basically they allowed every cert to be certed in the game years down the line well with this game they should do that with A.S.P. Program or even better just redesign the game and allow any class to use any weapon, example combat medic can use sniper rifles. infiltrator can carry LMG think of it as a badass spec ops/recon / etc. u just have to use your sci fi imagination and realize the developers already balanced the guns and the game pretty well they just need to open up the guns to all classes already if u cert them since its a straight up FPS game like counter-strike.
  13. LordKrelas

Infiltrator with a Shotgun.
    Heavy Assault with an Assault Rifle.
    Infiltrators with C-4.

They're not balanced around every class.
  14. NeonSonic

would be cool though if they unlocked the weapons atleast though. since they allowed all certs to be unlocked in PlanetSide 1 when it was out for like 5+ years. this game is goin on 6 years of service in november so something drastic like weapons or unlocking things like this through A.S.P. and being able to relocate your points would be nice.
  15. LordKrelas

Planetside 1, had different limiters.
    And an entirely different environment.

Drastic changes also puts that ASP User above & beyond what anyone else could match, which literally makes them superior not by skill, but by gear.
    IE, unlocking shotguns on Infiltrators, to AR's for Heavies, is a straight direct upgrade you aren't matching.
    So it'd be cool, until you face an ASP user - whom not only has the skill, but also equipment that eclipses yours hard on the same class.
    Imagine fighting other Heavy-Assaults, then one pulls out an Assault-Rifle instead of an LMG.
    Infiltrator vs infiltrator; One can bring an SMG or sniper, one can bring a shotgun or Assault-Rifle.
    The list just keeps going.

Mind you, I've been told every high-ranked user in Ps1 also could nuke entire bases freely by themselves..
    Carrying around an pocket instant-firing OSC for every BR-120, sounds a bit insane doesn't it?
    • Up x 1
  16. NeonSonic

its an FPS game, if you ever played something like half-life opposing force on deathmatch u would see where i am coming from. the developers already balanced the game. opening up all weapons to be accessed by any class wouldnt break or imbalance the game, as the weapons are already balanced through strengths and weaknesses, as portrayed by the tooltip when u hover over them. not shooting u down just saying we all have our points of view i just think the devs should do more for this game since ever since games did 'classes' they have been over simplifed. PlanetSide 1 did a perfect job of balancing the game without resorting to the cheapness of 'classes' just look at it from a broader point of view, instead of just trying to argue and shoot peoples ideas down, since this thread is for making suggestions to improve the game, so please constructive feedback only please, like ideas that can improve the game so it can be more fun!

it would be fun if they allowed all weapons for any class if u certed it, example, Combat Medics with LMGs, Heavies with snipers, (like a big badass futuristic marine with a sniper rifle, think outside the box) Infils with Assault Rifles,(think futuristic recon/rogue spear/rainbow six/ infiltrating afghanistan,) etc. Light Assault with LMGs(futuristic wargame think outside the box, packing zealot armor with a pulsar LSW with extended magazine ammo belt 4, with ambusher jumpjets with the aerial combatant implant rank 5, basically u could mow 1 guy down jumpjet mow another guy down jumpjet, etc. since the implant makes ambusher jumpjet fully recharge on a kill) its an FPS game it would make it far more badass and fun its free to play and this wouldnt destroy the game at all it would only make more people play it, its not pay to win or pay to play u can choose how you spend your money if u want to at all so doin somethin like this would only make the game more fun!

please constructive feedback only please on how to improve the game! or A.S.P. system or ideas for it or anything related to it for improvements!
  17. LordKrelas

Considering that these Classes aren't in a death-match -- and the weapons are not balanced for all classes.
    A Shotgun on an Infiltrator is vastly different, countering out half the weapon's downsides, making it also obsolete entire weapon classes.
    AR's obsolete LMG's entirely from play.
    These weapons are not balanced for classes that lack them - these weapon's downsides are not mystically immune to the countering effect of class abilities.

Classes over-simplified?
    You do realize by giving access to every gun, every single class is then only existing for appearances & their ability.
    This turns every class into an ability slot.

Planetside 1, had an entirely different environment, and didn't let you pick any gun & ability.
    You couldn't pack a sniper rifle & cloak -- You couldn't even use an AR.

Constructive feedback is not all positive.
    I am telling & explaining why opening the weapon-selection to every class is bad, I am being constructive in disagreement.

A Medic with an LMG over an AR, is an idiot: As the Assault Rifle was given to medics, to give a motivation to use them.
    Their stats are superior than LMG's, in the same roles as the LMG, and are quite literally, an upgrade over LMG's.
    A Sniper with an Over-shield, absorbing damage while they fire - impractical.

Camouflage users, capable of unloading the most accurate & brutal full-auto weapon we have..
    Invaliding the point of HA's, on any terrain past dealing with vehicles, unless they could use their RL's.
    An LMG on an LA, is incredibly pointless, if you have an AR.

Wouldn't destroy the game, to literally have every class be an ability, where an cloakable unit can wield a shotgun again like it did ages ago, resulting in shadow-wars of near instant-splat.
    And everyone packs an Assault-Rifle, mowing down people like crazy, when they aren't cloaking themselves with shotguns.

Aka, this is Constructive.
    Constructive isn't limited to only agreeing or being positive; I am presenting an actual discussion.
    Improvements; Do not remove half the value of the Weapon-limitations, which give half of the Classes' actual capabilities.
    As well, the weapons ARE NOT balanced with every class ability.

It's akin to why we do not have C-4 on Cloaking Infiltrators.
    Or shotguns on Infiltrators.
    Why Medics were given Assault-Rifles to begin with, and why Heavies have been craving AR's for years.
    • Up x 1
  18. NeonSonic

nah it would be just like the implant system revamp. just people would be able to choose the weapons they please.

remember when implants cost energy and u could only have 1? look at the implant system now! remember when weapons were restricted to some classes? well there u have it! See the A.S.P. system? example, engineers can pick up LMGs Assault Rifles, shotgun in secondary weapon slot!, thats a drastic improvement over the dinky carbine it starts out with! step into the vanu light and embrace change! fight for your future!

peace!
  19. LordKrelas

Implants don't provide an entirely drastic change to the capabilities of the class, from Wielding an SMG for ambushes, to Wielding a shotgun.
    Implants went from barely noticeable effects, to 2 similar effects.
    Battle-hardened's reduction , to the same thing.
    Unlocking all weaponry; Is no where near the same, given how a Weapon change varies from entirely changing how it plays, to be a straight upgrade over other players of the same class.

Implant system now; 2 Effects, that don't upgrade a class, or change their entire strength
    -- Instead of 1 effect that drained energy constantly.
    We don't have Implants that turn an LMG into an Assault Rifle.
    Or give Mobile Cloaking to Shotgun users.
    We don't have upgrade-implants, that directly improve the class over other players.

Engineers with an LMG, isn't that diverse, or game-changing.
    Heavy Assaults with an AR, is a complete & total upgrade over their LMG's.
    Infiltrators with a Shotgun, exclipse all close-range weapons, and make it hell; PS2 had a beta with cloaked shotgunners.
    It didn't go well.

Embrace the future, where a Medic's primary appeal, the AR, is gone.
    To where LMG's are completely useless, as Assault Rifles replace them.
    To where an Infil negates the entire weaknesses of a shotgun again, and hell begins.

Not all change is good.
    It's akin to thinking, a Grenade should one-shot a tank, if you have an ASP point.
    It's a illogical upgrade -- Implants are not upgrades.
  20. NeonSonic

bump DEVS i want my LMG access for Combat Medic! :D