A revive should remove the death score.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Jac70, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Jac70

If I revive someone they should not have a death added to their score.
    • Up x 2
  2. IshanDeston

They died. Thats a fact. A fact that should be reflected in their score. Just because you revived them, doesn't mean they didn't die.
    • Up x 9
  3. Grotpar

Yes, they should because they died.
    • Up x 1
  4. Evilnox

And take away the "kill" from the guy that killed you as well I assume?

/bangshead
  5. Faction

In BF3 the killer keeps the kill but the revived person doesn't get the death. Seems like a good way to do it.
    • Up x 11
  6. Jac70

Well technically they didn't die, they were revived. Still, it would be unfair on the guy who got the takedown to be denied a point. In other games a revive removes the death from the target but the attacker still gets a kill.

Easy solution would to award a kill for the attacker and not for the victim. More complicated scenario would be to differentiate between a takedown and a confirmed respawn - for which you would get a further bonus.
    • Up x 1
  7. Evilnox

Is K/D that important to some of you people that you really want a death taken off your record because you were revived? I can just see the map littered with stubborn dead people refusing to accept their death waiting for a medic.

"so bill what's your KD ratio"
    "Right now it's infinite because I haven't technically died yet"
    "Me neither, I love feeling like I am better than I really am by having my deaths erased"

/*bangs head on the wall*

Revived or not, you still died.
    • Up x 3
  8. Theodulus

I do actually look at my K/D occasionally to get an idea of how I'm performing. This is exactly why this is not such a good idea. When another person or persons kill me, I want it to be recorded.
    • Up x 1
  9. Helwyr

Someone killed you in the game it's a death. The Medic's Jesus gun might bring an avatar back to life but it doesn't rewrite history as well.
  10. Babylon Rocker

who
    gives
    a

honestly the whole K/D discussion has rly no place in this game, it only leads to flames and retarted threads like this and "If your K/D is not bla bla then ur a bad player and not helping your team" ****.

SOE should get rid of it completly....
  11. Bosjem

THIS! (sorry for caps :cool:)
  12. Trivelo

I fail to see how that would work. If you remove the K/D score then people could do basic math to find it out. Remove the amount of times died then you'd also have to remove the chart along with it.
  13. gunshooter

I think k/d should just be removed, as should total deaths.

People should always be willing to take a res. Period. There is no other downside to being ressed. That people refuse resses because it hurts their score is a problem that needs to be dealt with.
  14. Trivelo

A counter arguement: Why get resurrected and die when you could respawn and not die?
  15. iEatGlue

Remove leaderboards. The map should be your "epeen" factor.
    • Up x 1
  16. Gary

I refuse a res if its a stupid one. Where i know the enemy are there and can blatetnly see me when i stand up. Or if there is no chance of anything been done. LAstly if i need a class change il swap.
  17. gunshooter

Because you lose nothing for trying except about 1 second of your time.
  18. IshanDeston

Technically they did die and were brought back to life.

And in my opinion: You kiss the ground, you get the score. Doesn't matter if your teammate picks you up, you kissed the ground.
  19. Trysaeder

I wouldn't mind, either way. It doesn't change much except pubbies trying to stay dead a bit longer in the hopes for a revive. This is probably a good thing as they'd probably put more consideration into their life next time, which might deflate the zerg mentality a little.
  20. PS2 MEDIC

Well... I am just a medic, that is it. I have killed probably less than 25 players, but my medical applicator and AOE heal are maxed and my nano-weave just need that last level for 1000 certs. Just a medic. That is it, and I have a blast doing it. During a zerg on zerg it is like playing Diner Dash.
    I think my K/D 0.00001

Don't care anymore at 40 years old. Been online shooting since the first Quake, and have put in my 30+ hours a week in shooters since 1997.

Why am I saying this? Just to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel for online FPS addicts. At some point you will still play but will be "semi-retired" and will no longer rage about your K/D. If you were to add up the amount of F bombs I have dropped over the last 15 years while fighting online it must be at least over a million. So much wasted rage on tens of thousands of matches I can not even remember anymore.

Cool story bro? ... Why yes it is, thank you.
    • Up x 6