A new Pump Action?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by RichardDunn, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Corvus12

To hell with all whiners. It's a shotgun, it's suppose to be the best weapon at close range. It's useless past 10m, and it's not like everyone's using it.
  2. Ghoest

The issue isnt that shotguns are best at close range.

The issue is that the old shotguns were best at close range.
    The newest shot gun is even better at close range.
    How much better at close range than regular guns do they have to be before the devs stop.
  3. Minsc

My thoughts on the shotguns:

All:
    • Great for hit and run tactics, you are only exposed for a very short amount of time
    • Enemies have little time to react
    • Small ammo supply
    • Very short range
      • Unless using slugs, which gives you greater range at the expense of close-range effectiveness
    Auto Shotguns:
    • TTK: Incredibly fast
    • Aim: Very forgiving
    • Good for: dispatching 1 or 2 people near each other
    • Bad: goes through ammo really really quickly
    Semi-Auto Shotguns:
    • TTK: Very fast
    • Aim: forgiving
    • Good for: dispatching 2-4 people (with good aim)
    • Bad: if you run into someone with an auto shotgun
    Pump Shotguns:
    • TTK: instant or kinda fast
    • Aim: not forgiving
    • Good for: killing lots of people (with good aim), slugs to become a battle rifle
    • Bad: if you miss
    Each shotgun has a slightly different playstyle, with the pros and cons that go along with it. Pump actions are not a direct upgrade, but to those with good close-quarters aim and the compulsion to reload constantly, it might suit you better than the other shotguns.
    The next pump-action (my theory): will have a tighter spread but slower refire time.
    • Up x 1
  4. cKerensky

Flak armour should reduce shotgun damage. That gives you some interesting possibilities in the future (such as a shotgun that pierces the flak armour better)
  5. Lakora

Riight... No, won't happen cause well it ain't flak and you'd only force people into using flak armor. But if I can get something similar to reduce the damage of carbines, Rifles n SMGs I won't complain.
  6. Evil Monkey

The new one is going to be sooo much better than the original *cough* SMG *cough*
  7. cKerensky

The health boost is "supposed" to replicate that.
    Flak armour *would* do a good job at stopping buckshot, by the way, though I wouldn't argue with adding an armour to reduce the damage of the other weapons as well.
    That aside, I don't think any of my characters have ever had flak armour equipped, and I seem to do just fine as it is. Running around one-shotting people is hilarious, and plays to my twitch playstyle, but they've got no way to stop the rampage.

Edit:
    And again, to reiterate, everyone *could* run around with flak armour (which they apparently already do,except for me), and then the devs could just add a counter to the flak armour, again, increasing diversity in weapons.
  8. irishroy

the flowerpower guy is belthazor[randomnumbers]^^
    just search in youtube "planeside 2 jackhammer", you'll find him
  9. Lakora

Too be fair until a developer confirms that there are new pump action shotguns underway I wouldn't keep my hopes up considering Higby already confirmed that not everything inside the data files will be used. Now to dig up the tweet where he says it. :D

People are running around with Flak armour to counter the use of HE n rocketpods. The other ones run around with Nanoweave. Besides if you let a shotgunner get close enough to ohk you with a pump action they'd kill you anyway no matter what shotgun they were using. Might want to learn this skill called situational awareness. :D

Also no I'm not using a pump action heck I mostly kill people using pump actions, heck if they kill me I even congratulate those who manage to kill me cause than I wasn't paying enough attention. xD I use the Gauss Compact S until I get auraxium with it. Also how come no one has complained about the Gauss Compact S underbarrel Shotgun?
  10. irishroy

yep, the UB SG is also a free instakill at shortrange.
  11. Lakora

N you also get a carbine attachment! :D
  12. irishroy

didn't know o_O
    pro tip:
    if you're running around with an UB- NL/SG, just switchc to the attachement firemode. that looks so much cooler than just holding the gun in its "normal" way.
  13. Imposer

If you looked at the weapons in the Players earlier you would have seen the other pump actions all there. They have since been removed but I don't see why they wouldn't put them in if they already have models and had them there.

Edit: They are still there you just have to filter Shotgun and the VS, TR or NC to see them.
  14. GSZenith

pump with you! (bad one i know sue me)