A new Pump Action?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by RichardDunn, Mar 11, 2013.

1. RichardDunn

Are there plans or details of SOE adding a new pump action shotgun in the near future?

I know pump action shotguns were introduced to the game last week and I'm highly interested in purchasing the Uppercut. I think it would be a more viable option to my SMG in tight situations and would complement my play-style. I've always been a fan of pump action style shotguns over semi-autos in most games. However, someone mentioned that SOE is adding another pump-action to the game shortly and I don't want to jump the gun on the Uppercut if that's the case. I prefer the Hailstorm over the Armistice so I don't want to run into a similar scenario and purchase the wrong gun.

I can't find any info on the possibility of a new pump action shotgun. The player said the news was posted on twitter, but I've searched without no avail. Does anyone have any info on a new pump action shotgun or is it just a myth?
  2. Mythicrose12

I can't seem to find it now but I thought it was mentioned in a post regarding some features of what is coming in GU04 and shortly thereafter. I can't imagine how a second pump action would be different than the other pump gun or semi auto shot gun, though. Only thing I can come up with is a OHK wonder within 10m but can only chamber one round, two at most. *shrug*
  3. Corvus12

• Up x 2
  4. RichardDunn

Thank you, I've been searching all over for any information on this subject. It looks like the rumors are true, I wonder when they will be released? I wish the stats weren't bugged. Now I'll have to wait until they release the Blackjack before I jump on the Uppercut.

Looks like they both have the same magazine capacity if the stats are accurate. It also mentions that it does extremely high burst damage for a shotgun, whatever that means. Maybe it's slightly more powerful but has a slower ROF or maneuverability? I guess we'll have to wait to find out.
  5. Wolfwood82

Looks like it has an insane reload speed. It might just have a 5 round burst or something...
  6. Aquilae

honestly, do not even attempt to judge it by the bars and descriptions. they're almost always inaccurate, and often completely wrong. the blueshift for example is described as having increased accuracy when it is actually the least accurate of all the VS MAX AI guns.
  7. Corvus12

Just wait for Koolaid's review. He will tell you everything you need to know about them.
    • Up x 1
  8. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The Stats are often wrong, but you can read things from the bars.
    Especially the reload speed / Fire rate.
    Options there would indeed be single shot + reload, and burst fire.
    Sadly I already bought the Phobos.
    The weirdest thing about the stats is it shows a Compensator available. That's too obvious.^^
  9. Wolfwood82

Are you describing the bars? Or blind statements?

It seems like this could go either way...

Which one is he? The one with the TR flower of pride in his videos? I like that one, very informative. Still I prefer doing my own investigation and THEN watching vids to see what others think.
    I noticed that too and was intrigued. A pump action designed for slug sniping maybe? Not seeing it being any better then the other guns though, especially with a fast reload. Since recoil isn't as big an issue if you want to snipe with the thing.
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I'd love a burstfire Pumpaction with Slugs. ^^
    I just don't think it'll happen.
  11. Regpuppy

I really do not think there is room for a new shotgun in general that isn't completely broken to make it useful.

I think 4 shotguns(5 for NC) really is overdoing the weapon type. I'd rather see something absurd and unique like the lasher for all factions. (in regards to how unique a weapon is) Preferably a unique faction specific weapon for each class.
  12. Klondik3

I'm kinda wondering what will happen when devs exceed the weapon limit. You can only have certain number of weapons in the same class before it starts to look ridiculous.

Will they simply continue adding more weapons or will they start charging subscription when the game reaches critical number of players.
  13. Regpuppy

Why would they need to continually keep adding tons of new weapons? If the population of the game is ever-increasing, that means new paying players will come in who don't have the old weapons. To them everything is new and hasn't been used by them before. By the time the game's weapon selection gets to the point you're talking about and the community stagnates a bit, we'll be gossiping about Planetside 3D
  14. UnDeaD_CyBorG

They will keep adding new content because new content is money, and there is no reason to give up on that money only because a specific player already paid in the past.
    I expect them to one day split the view, so you click on class, loadout, main weapon, then type, and only have 5-10 choices in there.
    As a LA, you'd have Carbines, Shotguns, SMGs, maybe dual Pistols or something.
    Then they can add Implants, with tiny low % effects, like in early CB, where you could invest in a 3% reload speed boost. Have those buyable like weapons; profit.
    There's many years before they will get anything like space problems.
    As for Shotguns, I expect varieties with extreme ammo loads, burstfire slugs, 2 barrel-single shot guns (I'm intrigued how they'll make THAT fit the scenario), then maybe a sort of burstfire SMG to fill the awkward place inbetween...
    Is it necessary? No.
    Is it profitable? If we see it, yes.
    Is it damaging the game? Not necessarily.
    • Up x 2
  15. Klondik3

Because of the recency effect. I bet most sales are done shortly after the weapon is introduced. People can't wait to try out new shiny things. And since this is F2P most of money comes from weapon sales rather than subscriptions.

On top of that I'm not sure if playerbase is ever-increasing. Even if it was, the increase would be very small. I'm just not sure how long can this F2P model be sustainable.

I'm not complaining or anything, just saying that Planetside will likely changes its business model in a year or two unless they keep expanding the game content aggressively to justify new weapons. ( space combat, naval combat, new unit types etc... ).
  16. Klondik3

Well said. Since its F2P we can't actually complain about that because they need to make money somehow and weapons can still be unlocked with certs at an agreeable rate.
  17. Corvus12

"Which one is he? The one with the TR flower of pride in his videos? I like that one, very informative. Still I prefer doing my own investigation and THEN watching vids to see what others think."

Link to his channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thekoolaidline
  18. Regpuppy

you're exaggerating just how fast it'll take before the game runs out of infantry weapon types and vehicle weapons to make and sell. Not to mention more vehicles on the way. The original Planetside went over 8 years with subscription. I'm sure Planetside 2 can go for at least 5 with the flexibility and advantages of their F2P model.
    • Up x 2
  19. Corvus12

Does anybody know something about second version of pump action shotguns? I'm sick of waiting with over 1k certs saved.
  20. Ghoest

Im guessing they think they made the existing pumps over powered and are trying to figure out a way to make sure this one isnt even better.