A light assault without C4

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Bigperm, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Doublefrost

Flash grenades have a much, much, much bigger effect zone. I tried them out, they blind to like 15-20m. A frag has to be almost under someone's feet and they're still combat effective if they survive. Not nearly as good at cracking hardened positions like the air bay access at bio labs.

In addition, the whole screen goes washed out white. Most people can't tell friend from foe when flashed. Sometimes, I would throw flashes into camped spawn rooms in just-taken outposts when my side starts attacking inside. It's hilarious.
  2. Conq

I tried to use C4 in beta but I hate only getting a few kills per life. With 4 resto kits I get insane kill streaks and end up dying with a knife in my hand.
  3. anaverageguy

I agree that C4's price is rather daunting. I was hoping to get in at launch and purchase C4 right after adrenaline boost.. but 200. Lol I think given time I'd still get it. Even if you can't take out a vehicle, the chances of a LA doing so to a manned vehicle were rather slim anyway.
    I've always found C4 to be more useful as remote detonation charges planted and used against infantry.
  4. FA_Q2

Really?

I was a beast with C4 and tanks. Tanks are almost always lazy as hell when they are in an area with defined lines almost never looking behind them. Usually, they are shelling another tank in a long range battle where neither one will ever die.

I have taken out a TON more tanks as LA than I have with HA. The rockets are like throwing rocks. When I am in a tank, about the only thing I fear is troops getting close, I always assume C4!
  5. anaverageguy

Really? that's crazy man. If I'm fighting tanks I usually just get in one myself.
  6. NDroid

I've seen him mention it a couple of times, here's one of them at least:
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/271088945054490624

And while Med\Restoration kits do allow you to survive longer, having C4 allows you to do more than just kill a few more people. Taking out turrets, deployed sunderers, tanks etc. gives the class a whole new aspect and adds functionality that it lacks in its default state. Without C4 the LA is just defined by its jetpack which is fun to use, but you're limited by what you can achieve with it. That's why I think it should be more easily available.
  7. disky00

Since losing C4 and now actually having to work to unlock it, I have found that I have actually improved my shooting quite a bit, but I am definitely going to buy two bricks as soon as possible. With C4, a world of new options open up for you.
  8. Therix

I prefer to have three classes: one is night-fighting with NV/HR scope and flash grenades; second is 2x holo-scope with C4 and Frags, 3rd is holo-scope with frags and medkit.
    Since there's usually a sunderer nearby, I don't have to worry about finding a place to switch around and I can fairly easily trade between classes as needed. My biggest gripe is the 91 Infantry cost to refund each pack of C4, so the medkit only costing 41 beats it in this case, but I've accomplished more with C4 than I have with the medkits, since if I drop it on a tank and blow the fuse it goes up in flames, but by the time I'm using a medkit they've already riddled me with bullets.
  9. Regpuppy

People have been C4 bombing vehicles as LA since two sticks could take out a tank. The new players and nub players still haven't caught on!
  10. Stargazer86

5 month old thread. :/
  11. blzbug

Yeah, let the dead rest in peace.

I didn't notice the necro and was aghast by all the people questioning the value of C4! Now I see that they were total newbs. Literally...the game had just launched.