A light assault without C4

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Bigperm, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Bigperm

Is a very sad light assault :'(
    • Up x 5
  2. Erendil

The only time I equip C4 is when I'm tank/AMS hunting. Otherwise I'll stick w/ 3x medkits, thanx. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  3. Bigperm

Let's not forget insta-gibbing MAX suits before they can go on a tear.

Edit- Btw, just curious. Are you getting physx with the latest drivers on your 680? Mine's greyed out
  4. Khorneholio

Phys X is grayed out on my 670 also. Nov 20 drivers. :/
  5. Erendil

Not sure, I'm at work atm. I'll check when I get home.
  6. Captnstudy

havent played beta since end of aug, so just a quick question....when they first enabled the c4 in beta it was incredibly weak, took several to take down any vehicle/turret....what were they like in last beta? since you can only carry 1 (or 2 once you get the super cert) i was kinda hoping everything would go boom with 1-2 c4s.
  7. commiedic

I honestly don't think I am going to get C4 this time around. Since I use the sprint boost and like to be in the front lines as LA I think I will be carrying a Med Pack or Regen Pack instead. C4 for me was only good at taking out Max units. I never really chased down vehicles since it was too unpredictable with its damage output due to all its bugs. So I feel good as just a normal flanking infantry with by being faster and more maneuverable with some bonus survivability.
  8. TheRandomOne

A light assault w/o C4 is like a day without my corn pops....
  9. Witchkrapht

Got my Shotgun....now I just need my C4 and I'll be golden! Nothing beats flanking the enemy and blowing up tanks before they even know you're there! The best is getting on that perfect ridge above a Sundy and tossing both bricks of C4 down on it....and getting a slew of kills when everyone spawns there. I <3 my C4!
  10. Purple

i got the first C$ today asap. it still is usefull but not as much as two. now im 400 certs away from the second. hopefully i can get then before tank drivers start getting wise to LA.
  11. xTEExGOWx

where did this come from talking about C4..
    but yea.. mine is two kinda sad i really want it on. im thinking they are optimizing it at the moment
  12. Khorneholio

It came from bigperm. The guy I originally quoted. Yes I know it's off topic. lol
  13. NDroid

I found it strange that they increased the price of the C4 certs for the LA (it might have happened late in beta though, already had it by then). The C4 is pretty much the only tool in the LA's arsenal aside from the guns so it would make sense for it to be easier to equip it on the class (compared to a HA for example). Higby did mention the class will be getting some love soon, hopefully a reduction in cert costs for the C4 will be included.
  14. MarlboroMan-E

200/400 is pretty steep for C4s, but I think I'm paying it by the weekend.
  15. Siilk

I found myself switching from C4 to Regen packs and back quite often during the beta playtesting. What to equip really depends on your playstyle and current battlefield situation. In some cases the ability to blow an enemy Sundie or a lone tank is extremely valuable. So when you know the enemy has a couple of vehicular assets but cannot respawn new ones easily, C4 could prove to be extremely useful. But for prolonged covert operations behind the enemy lines or rooftop ambush-centric urban combat the ability to restore your health without the aid of a teammate is essential.
  16. Doublefrost

C4 is handy but usually not that useful. Flash grenades are way cooler. I wish I had some when I was playing just a bit ago. Granted, I don't think anyone would have been smart enough to charge while the entire enemy defense is blinded and can't aim. People are still learning and Flash grenades never got used much, far as I know.
  17. FA_Q2

Why flash? A normal grenade just kills those that would be blinded. Dead enemies can't shoot either. Even better, they don't recover ;)
    Also, I don't think flashes replace C4. They are not competing tools. Flashes and Grenades are competing for that slot.
  18. Corruptlol

you better get medpacks instead of c4 ... c4 is a waste of everything in this game.
  19. Hwat

Hey there Ndroid, its Hwat! Where did Higby say we were getting some love? I want my C4 back badly, I love dropping C4 on those hateful tankers.
  20. Romalic

i have a nagging memory from beta about the physx being an option in the .ini to enable, i seem to remember something about it being disabled as default and turned on in the .ini, not from options, it may have been something else, or just as it was at the time but it rings a bell