A dedicated pilot - the current Air situation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nerhesi, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Thardus

Well, most of the complaints about the impotency of AA is that enemy air is able to run away before they're done killing them. Sounds like it works to me.
  2. Dbrn

Big thing for me is, it takes skill to fly. It takes no skill to shoot an A2A or a G2A missile, it locks on and does the rest for you. Most of the time the A2A is shot off close enough that there isn't much if any time to react to the lock. Other times, it's just not as simple as some of you are trying to say it is to shake these things. Yes, you can get the missile to crash, yes sometimes you can out run them, but most of the time, no, just no. Stop trying to minimize the issue that has been presented here. There IS an issue, just because you feel you are so pro and have managed to dodge a couple does not mean there is no issue.

As it has also been stated, flares don't help much, they give you 5 seconds to hopefully get away or get the guy trying to kill you in your sites, if you can't do it for some reason, back to square one. Almost not worth the certs.

If you still disagree, prove it, post a video of YOU consistently dodging these missiles and killing your target as you so claim in a single play through. No 200 hour videos cut down to 2 mins of you dodging a few times. Otherwise, stop.
  3. Tikayyan

It takes no more skill to fly than it does to be good at anything else in this game.
  4. Rarzk

Odds are that you will never see dedicated G2A players, other than the very committed ones. This game revolves around acquiring Certs and Ground AA is by far the worst source of XP, that actually involves active participation anyways.
  5. Freyar

I still think the Burster's problem is lead/hitting.
  6. raw

Which doesn't happen. You may as well write "Rocket pods are fine if you can also kill ESFs." Frankly, I am tired of this ******** surrounding Rocket Pods. They are OP, plain and simple. It's the strongest weapon system in the game, it can be operated at full capacity by a single person and it is fitted to the most agile vehicle in the game.
    It's ******* ******** that you can sit there in your AA with a bunch of others trying to wrestle air control from Liberators when suddenly ESF! and it obliberates whatever the **** you are operating in less than 3 seconds, before it proceeds getting the **** out unharmed.

What the ****, SOE.

What

the

ESFs should ******* die to everything that is able to combat air. If ESF pilots ******* cry ******* rivers on the forum, then, and only then, balance has been archived.
  7. Dbrn

Wrong, because you don't need to be good to get a lock and shoot a missile. Where as you'd have to have some know how to be able to even attempt to dodge one of these.
  8. Tikayyan

Wrong. Because non air units have to be equally skilled to avoid your rocketspam as you do to avoide that lockon missile.

Also Wrong. Because launching said rocketspam and killing a target requires no more skill than firing that lockon missile does.
  9. Str8Dumpin

The only legit killing vehicle in game is the Flash, and the only legit gun to use is the pistol.*

Everything else in game is subject to tears.

*Don't cloak while using the pistol, crappy computers cannot see you, thus it would be unfair.

Can't Buy Skill
  10. Tikayyan

Truer words were never said
  11. xpsyclosarinx

Truer words have ne'er been told.

(totally didn't realize the guy above me said the same thing when I posted this...)
  12. Dbrn

You're incredibly dense because I said nothing about rocket pods, not only that but I don't use it for infantry I use it against tanks and gunships/galaxies. Also, the risk is much higher for lining up targets with the rockets since if you're stationary you probably will get shot down.

Lock on rockets just require you to roll your face on the keyboard to get a kill. You're probably one of those guys, thus you defend your ez mode.
  13. Tikayyan

Saying "flying takes skill" makes pretty much anything else you could have or did say irrelevant. At that point you become more or less just a toy to play with between actual posts.
  14. Kahlev

Dual Bursters seem to clear out Aircraft really well.

They are harder to track and hit, unlike Skyguards or AA turrets, if you stay by a building or anything else you can hide behind for protection, you can clear out an entire swarm of aircraft in no time. Have a friendly engineer drop an ammo pack or heal you from time to time, and it's pretty easy to make a huge difference vs. aircraft.

Leading with bursters is easy, they fly fasters than Skyguard bullets, and seem to deal similar damage and you can track faster.
    Once more people cert up with dual bursters and actually use them, you'll see a lot less aircraft out there.
  15. roarknoone

I am not 100% sure on the missile mechanics. I can dodge (high speed turns) many (a bit more then half) and eventually (4-8 seconds) the warning is gone w/o me getting hit -- and sometimes I can be pulling turns for a full god damned minute with no enemy fighters nearby and no one on the ground launching them at me ... yet this one god damned missile is still spinning after me ... forever.
  16. Dbrn

Oh, you're one of THOSE arguers. Sorry just ran out of time for your insignificant self. Enjoy trolling.
  17. Ouch Electric

OP doesn't have A2A missiles, wants them nerfed.
  18. Dbrn

Right, the whole thing is inconsistent.
  19. Imps

I can't believe you're saying ground needs to do more damage to air, that's ******* bogus. It's already 2 shots dead with my scythe from any missiles, and any vehicle or MAX with anti air will shred if I'm not bursting past in dives, and I'm using the dual photon a2g missiles...Also MAX and vehicles can sit there with 1 to infinite engi's popping it back up all the while it's firing away. Also I watch TR and NC planes outrun locked missiles constantly, just burst away during the lock and the missile apparently explodes before it ever touches them. There are ways to pretty easily dodge locks and missiles from ground, which I'll keep to myself for advantage. If you're getting locked in air, flares, or use the environment. I agree air should be slightly harder to lock, but it's hardly so outlandish that it needs to even be considered before loads of other issues are addressed.
  20. Ouch Electric

Nerf A2A missiles, that way everyone will use A2G missiles, and I will have no need to cert into A2A missiles, or sacrifice effectiveness against air or ground in any way.

Also, I don't have much experience in dodging them, or outrunning them, but I can tell you right now they are OP. I don't have them, but if I did, I would be invincible, and that theoretical situation is OP

/sarcasm

If A2A missiles are so skilless, why didn't i get shot down after being targeted by them over 10x in my last play session. I got targeted with them 15x in the previous play session and got shot down 0 times.

It changes the gameplay dynamics, yes, but there are still tactics and strategy, and skill involved. How about adapting to the game instead of trying to make the game like every other game you already mastered?