9 duplicates, again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Deffington, Jun 16, 2017.

1. JobiWan

I got a 9-pack last night and got 8 that I already had. The amount of ISO4 that I got from breaking them down was paltry.
  2. Deffington

I mean that out of 2 deluxe packs I only kept one, rest were what I already had. That is 1500 certs for one implant and small amount of ISO. Deal of the year, right?
    I must confess: it would make me feel better if you regretted your desicion.

So I will try my luck next time I get 750 certs. If I dont spill my cry here soon, it is because I got full 9 duplicates and threw the PC out of window.
  3. AlterEgo

I remember when I had 98000 energy and a simple tier II regeneration implant.

Now it's gone. I have nothing :(
  4. Gecko33

I've spent a ton of certs on implant packs.. jumped in with 2250 certs on 3 deluxe packs 26 were dups. Of the following 5 more deluxe packs I picked up I got 3 more implants rest were duplicates. So out of 72 implants.. 68 were duplicates. In short... this system is ridiculous!
    • Up x 1
  5. Gecko33

Another deluxe pack... 9 more duplicates... how the hell do I get the class specific implants?
  6. Gecko33

Just spent 500 iso... to get another duplicate. thus spent 500 to get 25 back... WHAT A DEAL!
  7. FateJH

These posts are three minutes apart. If you did just buy two implant packs: why are you spending ingame resources that quickly, but are still complaining about spending ingame resources that quickly as if it weren't you doing it? The game is under no obligation to scan over your reserves and make ceratin at least one implant in every purchase is something you've never seen on that character before. At the same time, the nature of the system doesn't give you a better chance of getting something specific if you chain purchases.

If you had "better" plans for certification points you used spent on implants, then just don't spend them on implants. Actually use them for those other things. Otherwise, the number of certs you spend really doesn't matter, not if you're that willing to just throw them after something.
  8. Liewec123

but now you can have max rank and not need to worry about energy :D
    i only used to run rank 1 regen because i didn't want to waste energy lol
  9. KrispyKremes

I bought 1 deluxe pack, only 3 implants... Learned my lesson and will never waste certs again. The default 2 are great, only wish I had sweeper hud for tanking. I like the lack of energy requirements, but RNG is a joke of a system designed as a cash grab/cert sink
  10. Gecko33

Actually, just after my last post I went and spent another 500 iso-4 on another pack only to get a tier 1 duplicate again. (Catlike)... Didn't mean to come off as sounding whinny but I'm definitely confused on the system and how it works. Do I need to just keep spending certs to get a class specific implant? I heard rumor that the class specific implants were only attainable through the directives? The class specific implants are the ones I'm interested in...
  11. LordKrelas

I would assume they aren't only
    - Or anyone who played even a day prior to their release, would be unable to ever get an entire set of implants, that drastically (in most cases), affect those classes' abilities.

But Implants, are literal RNG crates.
    Every implant has it's own % chances - with the higher rarity ones have even less odds.
    The 9 box, grants 9 separate rolls, as each 'rolls the dice' independently of the others.
    The ISO one besides being comic on ISO price, which can only be attained by duplicates from said crates, it has slightly different chances for implants, but only rolls one.

It's worse than the 3-peice box, given ISO is the most expensive thing you can get, given it costs between 300-750 certs to roll 3 or 9 chances of duplicates, whose value depends on rarity, and barely is much at all.
    Last time I checked it was a horrid rate as well, given you are converting certs into RNG, and that into ISO.
    And you need thousands of ISO... per implant, and pretty fast.

DBG needs to fix quick edits, bloody hell.
  12. LostMyStuff :(

As a returning player got to add my frustration to the list. Finally got to a place where I was ok spending 750 certs on a pack and every damn one is a duplicate of the weak basic ones I got in the starter directive packs, rage quit after that so for today I'm not available to be shot @ coz rngesus robbed me,.
  13. No0T

Try the "1 implant high probability to get rare ones pack" that vvorked for me I have all vvhat I vvanted.
  14. No0T

I hope people start sporting planet side vvith money let sony knovv this game is avvesome and for once give them the right this implant system is FAR BETTER
  15. LostMyStuff :(

Not sure I'm willing to give them money again; last time they wiped my character ( ProSiebens fiasco ) they took my stuff I'd payed for away so not getting robbed again.
  16. OgreMarkX

Don't buy anything with DBG cash. DBG's game design is swirling down the toilet and they are doubling on dumb.

I've been a paid account (four accounts total atm) for over 11 years (one of those account for 18 years) and that is coming to an end soon.

DBG ruined the possibility of Everquest Next (yes, they were SOE back then) because they doubled down on dumb with Landmark---which was nothing more than minecraft.

DBG has too many people minecraft focused.

Now in Planetside 2, the main focus of the game (continent locking) is Minecraft focused.

These guys just don't learn. Really, they don't.

Implants are a cash grab as the toilet flushes.

Look--here's an example: How long have heal grenades been in game? Since release. Are they useful. No. Never have been. What does DBG do? Nothing. They minecraft.