9 duplicates, again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Deffington, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Deffington

My experience with the new implant system is simply bad. After buying like 7 deluxe packs, I still have just 10 implants total. Today I got 9 duplicates again. It's hard to believe that it is actually random - I'm not getting even some of those more common.

After new implants were added, I bought two deluxe packs, that is 18 implants. Out of this number, 17 were duplicates. Somehow the statistics doesn't work here.
  2. LordKrelas

RNG is a vengeful and merciless god \ Goddess.

If only we were saved from being dictated by RNG for ISO, Implants.. oh wait that's the entire system.

To be more accurate, and less sarcastic:
    Not entirely random so to speak, some implants have less % odds than others to be chosen by RNG.
  3. Chubzdoomer

This is just one of many reasons why I don't even bother with Implants. Not even remotely worth the grind or headache.
    • Up x 1
  4. Exitus Acta Probat

I have gotten 5 carapace implants on the same empire but still am unable to get the one I wanted which is robotics technician implant.

I'm never going to use the carapace implant, but on the bright side, the 4 duplicates alone equaled 6000 ISO
  5. FateJH

When you say "duplicates," do you mean "duplicates of Implants I already have" or "duplicates of other Implants in the same pack?"
  6. breeje

the implant system is completely bullsh*
    we should have other ways to obtain them above the gambling
    why can't we have a choice, gambling or buy them lets say 1000 credits for a implant or 5000 credits for a rare one
    only to be obtained with real money, i would buy them
  7. Jubikus

The new implant system is a double edge sword. I love how its functions but i hate how they are aquired its simply such a long grind to try and get any implant to max power you might consider it pay to win because of the time to eliminate the advantage someone else might have because their implant is giving them that very small edge is massive.

PS. Pay to win means an advantage a player can pay for over players that don't the amount of advantage isn't taken into account.
  8. Liewec123

random is random sadly, my rarely used battlebus alt now has counter intelligence and carapace,
    my main doesn't have a single rare XD
    i really want the engi implant and minor cloak, to troll with a tanky spitfire while stealthed :D
  9. Ziggurat8

The house always wins. I also wouldn't doubt there's some shady mechanics.

For anyone that thinks you should just be able to buy it. It's the whole reason the gambling system exists in F2P games.

Why give you what you want when you'll pay 6x that amount and still not get what you're after?

Gambling is terrible specifically because it plays on human psyche. Most people think it won't happen to me, or that they'll be the one to win. Then after you've started the gambling process you're now "in for a penny, in for a pound" in other words to justify your losses you have to keep gambling until you win or you lose a specified amount...or if you're truly one of the lost, the collector comes to take YOUR house.

Don't ever gamble. The house always wins.
    • Up x 2
  10. FateJH

Threads about the implant system seem to indicate that people are incapable of curbing their "enthusiasm."
  11. LordKrelas

Well, consider that there is:
    Ammo Printer (Useful for longevity, let alone for vehicles)
    Sensor Shield (Defense against Sensors, and Thermals at max)
    Thermal Vision (A thermal scope that works with any gun basically, without ADS needed)
    Regeneration (Bio-lab effect)
    Carapace (Revive at 2 health bars)
    EOD (Detects explosives)
    Focus (I forget the name, improves hold-breath by 100%'s.. vast improvement)
    Robotics Technician (Improves constructs, like the Spitfire)

And many more.
    Most of which, you can definitely see improvements in some way.
    Combined with other players, with different or similar implants, squads can become very very deadly compared to squads without implants.

So it's hard to not gamble, let alone when new accounts gain access to several implants using class directives..
    But those whom completed the level 1 of those directives prior got nothing.
  12. Zagareth

Well, PS is still one of the games, where you dont have to grind to play with and against others. Ofc, your abilities and possibilities raise up with levels and the more certs you gain, but still, a BR 1 n00b can compete with a BR 120, just using all the things that he can access.

Implants can be nice tools to make survival easier, but they are not necessary to win or to survive. So when the time comes and you get some certs saved, put it in some implants and be satisfied with what you get. Well you can always hope the dice fall to your favour, bit if not... <shrug> take it like a man and not like a crying little child, that has been robbed it's favourite toy. :p
  13. No0T

Nop, he actually talked about the more common ones so dont tell him vvhat he already shovv knovvs, it is pedantry from our part, the numbers he describe actually suggest the RNG is leaning towards giving more duplicates not really respecting different odds per implant.
  14. Turekson

100% agreed. From what I've experienced myself and what I've talked with others, I'd say there's a reasonable doubt the RNG is rigged. In terms of receiving duplicates/new implants, and possible even in terms game play data, what class you play etc.

When you start owning about 1/4-1/3 of the total implants, and persistently receive 7-8 duplicates out of 9.. well it's pretty suspicious. In addition, the new implants you do get seem to be the exact opposite in terms of usefulness to the class you play the most. For example I play infiltrator most of the time, and seem to never receive the implants most useful to the said class.

I like the new implant system in general (aside from the "kill=bonus" implants, too arcade in my mind), especially that you can equip two at a time, but the way in which the process of acquiring them is handled is terrible.
  15. FateJH

Actually, if the numbers started changing in the middle then there is a decent suspicion the results are being doctored. From what you've explained, the system is always designed to give you high chance results and, as a conseuqnece, is always giving you the high chance results. Non-zero probability doesn't really mean "it has to happen eventually;" that's just wishful thinking. A secure system may have a 1/256 drop rate but only has to fulfill that requirement over a long series of tests. Nothing says that the first 256 has to have one; or, the next 256 after that could have two; you coudl be part of the sampling that draws all 256 somewhere in the middle of 65535 draws. Unrealistic but still accurate.
    Now that may a potential source of result pools which does affect the probabilities, if it has been left unspoken. On the other hand, this policy makes an interesting amount of sense in terms of encouraging playing other classes other than the current one. Before any of this, however, we need to prove this is an actual planned tendency and not just bad draws.
  16. Turekson

Yeah, it could very well be like you wrote. I honestly have not delved deep enough in to the new implant system, just speaking from my personal experience and from what I've been told. That's why I wasn't conclusive. I guess we can't know for sure until someone capable picks the game code apart.

In any case the system is horrible. I do get the need for money but I think this is a bit too much.
  17. LordKrelas

The more common ones have a higher % to be dropped, resulting in them being the most likely, which after the first crate means you will get duplicates more likely due to the most likely implant already existing in your inventory.

So as I said, it's not entirely random.
    And yes, it does lean more towards duplicates when it comes to common implants.
    The chances simply get higher, due to the number of implants received increasing theoretically increase over time.

So, yeah I already know.
  18. stalkish

Its not random, here is how it works, lets refer to implants in tiers:
    (tiers & percentages are random and rounded for simplicity)

• Tier 1 implants (common)
    • Tier 2 implants (rare)
    • Tier 3 implants (exceptional)
    If we take the example of a 6 sided dice to help us understand this, instead of the sides being numbered 1 - 6, three of them are numbered 1, two are numbered 2, and one is numbered 3.
    So your chance of getting a 1 is 50%, or 3:6.
    Your chance of getting a 2 is 33%, or 2:6.
    Your chance of getting a 3 is 16%, or 1:6.

So while the number you roll is not pre-decided, its definitely not random either as the system heavily biases the lower numbers.
    Now if you consider that the devs could if they wanted to put the % chance of rolling an exceptional implant at 0.1% and the common ones at 90%, its not hard to understand how you get so many duplicates.

Its also not hard to see why this system needs to go.

All i can say is youre not alone, ive dropped well over 60k certs into this system, ive not had a single exceptional.
    /shrugs.
  19. Zazen

If it makes you feel better, I've spent $100 US and 50,000 Certs and don't have either of the Medic ones I want, Combat Surgeon & Carapace. But, I don't mind either, I love PS 2 and I am perfectly willing to help support it. None of the implants are 'required' to enjoy the game, but they do offer an opening up of different & interesting play-styles, which is a form of long-term character progression that blends well with the game.

If you've been paying attention, then you realize that PS2 is fighting for its very economic survival. In contrast to the commercial success of H1Z1, PS 2 is the red headed step child. If we wish to continue to have a PS 2 to play, we, as a community, must support it one way or another. I'm not saying the new implant system is perfect. But, it certainly strikes a palatable compromise between avoiding out-right voluntary pay-to-win and a compelling system for PS 2 maintaining financial viability.
  20. TR5L4Y3R

i used my iso 4 i got from the patch for getting 3 implants 3rd try got me thermal implant .... is that good?