64 Bit ruins my FPS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xoda1609, Apr 2, 2014.

1. F4llenX

Yesss! this is what i did, and it WORKED!
    I have a laptop 64x and fps droped to 10 with the update, and it didnt matter if i runned the x64 or the x86 one it was laggy.
    what u need to do is run the laucher in the planetside 2 folder with nvidia high graphics performance, and im back to the 50 fps.
    im no expert but i had this trouble before with other 64x game, because the laptop runs the default graphics card once u run a 64 bits client probably to save power or something else.. check your graphics card control panel if u have a laptop and try it.
  2. MITech

I just went on our laptop as well, and changed the settings for the PS2 x64 client. It completely worked and all the lag is gone. For those who don't know how it's done, here:

1. go to the hidden icons, or your start menu, and find the Nvidia Control Panel. Open it.
    2. Go to Manage 3D Settings on the left menu window.
    3. Select "Settings" and then press the "add" button in the right window where the programs are listed.
    4. Choose the "Planetside2 x64" client from the program list.
    5. Click the drop-down box to select which GPU to use. Set it to the Nvidia High Performance graphics.
    6. Click apply.

Try that, and see if it helps the rest of you whose laptops are having problems.
    • Up x 2
  3. anngus00

Yep, it works as hell !
    Thanks mates:)
  4. JustBones

BOOM! Well done, folks. Worked a treat for me. Problem solved!!!
  5. Xoda1609

that didn't work for me :( Poop!
  6. ENGTX

i am having only crashes . but my fps is very good after this update .
  7. Zagareth

With the 64 bit I seem to have a drop in general FPS of 15-20 (former 35-50, now 20-30) and when I scope in with my rifle, it even seem to become worse - no FPS displayed in scope mode - but the view is sluggish.
    An improvement is something else....:(