64-bit...AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Octiceps, Apr 24, 2014.

1. boboduflachi

I haven't had any issues from the 64-bit client since the first time they added it.
    • Up x 1
  2. tigerchips

Had to force 32 bit for the first time. 64 Bit completely messed up. Bullet delay, low framerate, micro stutters, disappearing objects.
  3. dreamcast87

4. DieHard2Live3

Happy to say that my Y410P has received a healthy performance boost with the 64-bit client.

Note that my PC is largely similar to the OP's PC, with the only difference being it's smaller size, lower res. screen, a Haswell i7 instead of an Ivy Bridge i7 and a single GT 750M as opposed to dual 650Ms.

No crashes and no absurd performance dips in large battles.
  5. Jowls

when the 64 bit hit the test server myself along with others had the 0xc000007b error. updating directX
    cleared the error for most of us. give that a shot and see what happens. o_O
  6. PeRXeRs

It is unbelievable that the SOE team only reacts to positive feedback! Especially the Technical Support Forum is full of complaints which are completely ignored by SOE. And yeah I am from Briggs!

So maaaany complaints threads about the briggs issue, a whole community on the edge of destruction and SOE just keeps complete radio silence and spams us with their Fuxxxxx Implants!

Man SOE - a lot of palyers here are working in big companies. I am even a project manager in the pharmaceutical industry. If there would be a similar case in my company, a lot of people would get their ***** kicked and we would just exchange all the managers. Your communication and the way you behave with your community is just ridiculous and unprofessional!

Take this as a constructive post, before you delete it!
  7. baka

Ran beautifully for me for the hour and a half I got to play last night. Framerates were in the 50 to 55 range, but after the fact I looked at my UserOptions and noticed that smoothing was on and my RenderQuality was set to 1.41. I changed them to off and 1.73 and will test again this afternoon - yup, glutton for punishment I am.
  8. ZeroErrorz

do we have physx back ?
  9. Paulus

Latest update has done wondrous things for me. Display Driver crashed only once yesterday in 6 hours of intensive play both at idle times and during two fiercely contested alerts.

I've gained at least 30FPS during the idles times (Foot Soldiering, Indar combat in a 12-24 area was between 150 and 180FPS at times) and my FPS seems much less inclined to dip below 50 in the bigger fights. I do still have the occasional frame hitching/stutter, but very infrequently.

Good job SOE, actions speak louder than words.
  10. Spiritualised

Have you tried the new RC beta driver from amd ? RC 14.4 . I had similar issues with BF4. it turned out to be something to do with how R9 cards manage their cooling policy, sacrificing speed for the sake of less fan noise. This link explains it better , and provides a fix.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18573623

This link refers to R9 290's but Ive seen it suggested that the problem is across the board on all R9 cards. I applied the fix suggested in the link and no more stutter . Hope it helps you
  11. Doc Jim

Can SOE please give 64bit OS user the option to use the 32bit client? I don't know how, but the 64bit client gets little more than half the FPS of the 32bit client PLUS it overheats my rig. It isn't playable for me and probably quite a few others.
  12. Spiritualised

Have you applied the gpu fix for laptops?
  13. Ball5

I installed RadeonPro and made sure it was in 32/64 bit mode. I added the 64bit exe as a profile and left RadeonPro running before launching PS2. Now my game simply crashes during initial loading with no error messages.

Without RadeonPro my game has terrible frame stuttering (10-40fps) as of yesterday's patch. Some textures like depot screens do not render. Cloaked units do not render. Some textures like recon darts cause my screen to go white.

My DirectX is up to date. Using the 32bit exe has no effect.

System:
    64bit Windows 7
    8Gb RAM
    i5-2500k @ 4.2GHz
    2 AMD 6870's in Crossfire
  14. sh0ckwaveeee

Thanks SOE!

My Fps becomes a nice boost with the latest x64 update. In the warpgate i have 50 fps more, idk how but before i had 80 fps and now i have constantly 120 - 130 fps..
    In big battles or zerg battles my fps don't becomes a boost, have 50 - 60 frames, the self then before.

My rig: intel i7 4770k @4,2 Ghz 1.1v
    Gtx 780 ti @1275Mhz 1.087v
    G.skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10
    Samsung SSD 840 Evo 256gb
    PSU 750W Thermaltake

Expect I play with 1.41 renderquality!

And all guys who has not become a performance boost delete this files:
    Planetside2.exe (x64, x86)
    Activity User Data.ini
    Launch Pad User.ini
    Loading Screen.xml
    Input Profile User
    sound settings.xml
    useroptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll (x64,x86)
    and vivoxsdk.dll (x64,x86)

The start the launcher!
    • Up x 1
  15. Eyeklops

I am pretty sure there are non-SLI optimizations and compatibility fixes that are not applied if the new executables are not added to the driver profile. Everybody should update.
  16. Spiritualised

Just tried the x64 client on my 2011 macbook pro. Working great and a fps increase. Obviously not as good as on my desktop but still impressed considering its an old mac.
  17. Emotitron

Was getting 100-120fps yesterday on Indar over a medium-large fight in my ESF with a:

i5-3470
    GTX 560
    • Up x 1
  18. Spiritualised

Was that an improvement from previous performance for you?
  19. Emotitron

60-90 was my old I believe, but hard to say with certainty since you can never really gauge how big a fight is. I just noticed that the display was super smooth so I checked the FPS and found it was hitting the upper limits of my monitor (120hz).

I will add though that that fps did slowly drop over time - likely as memory leaked or something. :)
    • Up x 1
  20. noMnoM

with the x64 i was getting the same in game performance as always: 120 capped when nothing going on and 50-80 fps in the massive fights. however, there was an improvement in load times/redeploys.