64-bit...AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Octiceps, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Octiceps

64-bit client got re-enabled again and it is AMAZING! No more crashes and micro-hitches. I was holding 60 FPS constant in a Bio Lab 48+ vs. 48+. That's a 100-200% improvement over the 20-30 FPS I was getting before.

Thank you for finally getting it right SOE! :D
    • Up x 3
  2. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Yay! Thanks for the positive feedback man. I'll be sure to forward this to the appropriate team. Take care!
    • Up x 3
  3. Geist817

amazing if you dont get the same error many of us got last thursday when they did this befor... How you gonna put a patch in with the exact same error as befor?
  4. Octiceps

And I have to reiterate this for what must be the millionth time but I can't stress this enough.

If you have switchable graphics (Intel integrated graphics for light/2D duties paired with a discrete Nvidia/AMD GPU for gaming/3D) you absolutely must go into your Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center and set the 64-bit executable to run on the dGPU. The 64-bit executable defaults to your iGPU and it will stutter like mad unless you do this.

If you have multi-GPU (SLI/CrossFire) you must download Nvidia Inspector or RadeonPro and add the 64-bit executable to the PlanetSide 2 game profile in the driver. Otherwise the game will run on a single GPU only and it will stutter.
    • Up x 3
  5. JP-Player

ohhhhhhhhh!!!! AMAZING!!!!!
    Good Job SOE!!! :)
  6. Aka007

Octiceps how much Station Cash did you get paid for that feedback? Nothing has changed for most users, in fact its even worst than before.
    • Up x 1
  7. Octiceps

Which error is this? The frequent crashing?

I took a break from the game for a week and didn't come back until yesterday, so I didn't personally experience all the problems from last week. But I sure read about them on here and Reddit. :eek:
  8. Edenwolf

I find this hard to believe, I've been averaging around 48 fps during huge fights for months now, and today nothing has changed. Your saying you jumped from 20 to 60 fps, something isn't adding up, in theory since I averaged twice as high fps then your 20, I should never be dropping under 60 fps. I still get micro stuttering also.
  9. Geist817

ya its the same error as last thursday exactly the same one, im beyond mad the same error has made it back in from what ive read 3x now with the devs basicly playing dodgeball with any issues that are linked to it, but one can come in your single post about how well its running and say thanx...
  10. ShotgunGuru

I am having the same error as last time guys, the 0x000007b thing is showing up, so give us an option to use the 32 bit client please
  11. Octiceps

None. ;)

I've ripped SOE plenty of times over the state of this game's performance and optimization, to the point of receiving multiple warnings from mods and getting posts nuked and threads locked. But I'm not below giving a complement if I feel that it's deserved.

*shrugs* beats me. It's as much of a mystery to me as it is to you. But hey, I ain't gonna complain about massively increased performance. God knows I needed it, badly. Now I can actually aim properly in big fights.

I could be an outlier for all you know, and just because I'm getting 2-3x the performance as before doesn't mean everyone can expect the same magnitude of gain. I mean, I've always gotten worse performance than people with similar or even weaker hardware for inexplicable reasons. Now I'm finally at where I think I should've been all along. Will you begrudge me for finally achieving the same level of performance that you've been enjoying for months?

They're probably still gathering data and working on it. A complement is always easier and quicker to respond to than an error report as there doesn't need to be any back-and-forth, just an acknowledgment and then move on.

You need to install latest DirectX redist from Microsoft.

Has 64bit been re-enabled? I can't run the game again.
  12. Planetdoge

Frame rate wise, it is an amazing improvement for me. Same situation as you, 20-30 fps in Biozergs before, 50+ fps with 64 bit. The client still crashes as much as the 32 bit version, though (about once every two hours). Also no micro-stuttering, thank goodness.
    • Up x 1
  13. dreamcast87

Glad 64 bit client is working for someone at least it's a bit of good news amongst all the bad ones
  14. Octiceps

Well there you go, so it's not just me.

I wouldn't know about the crashing though as I've only played for about an hour, but it's still much better than the very first time they rolled out 64-bit where I was CTD every 10-15 minutes.
  15. Geist817

and more devs answering random crap about missing textures and stuff but no comments on the issue affecting most of us atm
  16. Planetdoge

Yeah, at least the CTD didn't get any worse for me. Don't know why everyone else is having so many issues, but I did notice that my system specs are almost identical to yours, except I run a single 750M instead of SLI 650Ms and I don't have an SSD. Is your laptop a Lenovo Y500 by any chance? I can't think of any other laptops that even let you run crossfired graphics cards.
    • Up x 1
  17. Octiceps

Yep I've got a Y500 here. :)

There are lots of other notebooks with SLI and CrossFire from Alienware, Clevo, and Aorus for instance.
  18. Intershield

I must admit that the game is running great now with the 64bit running. I'm running at near a solid 60fps at all times now and couldn't be happier. This is really great that they are getting the bugs all worked out, I still hear that some people have problems for some reason, but I must say that my game is running real well and I hope hey can help out any others with problems with the game.

thumbs up SOE
  19. Rogueci5

Seems like a serious fail to me, I can not play anymore.
  20. Intershield