50% VS overpop, 100% frustration

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Noooooch, Sep 1, 2015.

1. toast2250

I don't agree,..

In movies you always see heroes gain some magical OP powers or reinforcements out of nowhere after they've been rekt and almost all hope was lost.

One of the most frustrating reasons that SOE never addressed, and the fact that you still cant capture warpgates, and some resource logistics.

Taking the warp gate to own or what ever and/or doing an alert to own a continent is not the same. Red and green apples are not the same.
  2. StarGeezerTim_PS4

o rly? Because VS just got their **** shoved in, first by TR and then by NC, and in each case VS was out-popped by 4- or 5 to 1. And this was on Emerald. Sooo, yeah...not so much.
  3. TheShrapnelKing

It's like Waterson but Purple.
  4. PWGuy93

Just commenting that before Connery disconnected me, NC was overpop at 38%, VS were at 23%.
  5. Nogrim313

this was my hope....back in 2013. but well "soon" isn't going to be until 2041 so imho its up to the player base to address this issue before SOE takes a hamfisted approach and caps the pops at 35% max per continent and you have to be a member to go there otherwise.

that is more than likely what all the ******** will lead to, then all of a sudden the faction with the most subscribers is able to win the population war.

these sort of population crusades always go wrong and bite you in the *** frankly this is only usually an off hours issue and swings back and forth so wildly its not even worth wasting your time crying about it, by the time you write the whine post the pop has probably already swung the other way.
  6. ModsFreeAreForTV

I say make it so the losing out popped factions are temporarily allied together so it turns more so into a 50/50 fight. This out pop crying **** could easily be solved by temporarily forcing NC and TR (or any of the 3 factions) to ally together and fight the massive Zerg.

But I'm sure this won't happen because most people would be like "ewwww I don't wanna work with an enemy faction ewwww" so whatever. If the small underpowered sides aren't willing to compromise some of the games story or mechanics then they will continue to suffer from a zerging faction.
  7. Goretzu

It's on their own interests to help underdog factions on any server, as nothing kills a server faster than a totally dominant faction.

Warhammer Online had an interesting method with this, in the context of PS2 it would work like wining consequtive Alerts would be harder and harder till it was near impossible (with a decay timer of 24 hours).
  8. Nogrim313

that is the thing there is no total dominance here this is a 24/7 battlefield populations swing back and forth wildly at different times of the day. if you start forcing pops to be even you will split up groups of friends etc. and they lose their reason to play.

frankly they need to figure out a system to make bought items transferable (like if i buy x shotgun for VS i can choose one for TR and NC. the barrier to switching factions is huge for players who have paid for items and this is why they will refuse attempts to get them to switch.

ive dumped about $1000 in to my VS why the hell would i want to play my NC/TR chars if nothing but NS crosses over. am i going to be happy that i can't play my VS because VS is overpop. this barrier is the one they need to address if they want to encourage fluid pop balancing, but this will hurt their income model. the whole system was very flawed by its very design in this regard.
  9. GeeBee

Yep dealing with 44% overpop of VS on connery now on an Esamir Alert, they have south warpgate and hold snowshear, anytime the NC got near the cap they pop dumped it. They pop dumped on Nott amp to take it as well. TR almost took it back but they pop dumped and max crashed out the SCU. It is impossible to take any territory back from this overpop cause they redeploy and overpop you every time, at the same time its just as hard to stop them from taking something because you encounter the same effect.

Combination of game issues contribute to this
    1) Redeployside - the ability to hop across the map without spending any resources and minimal time
    2) No proper solution / cure to overpop - the Xp bonus for the minority faction isnt enough - If nothing else maybe a penalty to base capture timers. Example NC have 27% pop VS have 44% population fractional (math 27/44) * standard base capture time for a VS base being attacked. This will allow for minority factions to have a chance at mounting an offense and taking some form of terrirtory from the overpopped faction before they redeploy and pop dump on a base.
    3) I dont see how overpop is fun for anyone, winning an unfair fight has no merrit, and loosing an unfair fight just leads to logging off. This is a major gameplay issue that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later and can be directly linked to VS infantry side needing a rebalance. This is a trending problem with timezone in AU timezone the VS tend to just overpop like clockwork and majority of them are from another continent(I'm looking at you asia) With many Chinese, japanese, and koreans in this timezone that tend to play VS over other factions(alright ill give the koreans props for spreading it around a bit) But should these players be allowed to continue playing on a USWEST server over their regional servers is another issue. Not trying to be racist or segregate anyone but when command chat no longer speaks english or just goes silent on one faction while another appears to be perfectly co-ordinated with overpop there is an issue. To recollection this has always been a thing with Connery, Asians were given a server and decided to come here instead. Rather than dealing with it and forcing them off to another server it was allowed. Here we are 3 years later with less server populations and its an issue. /Rant off alert is almost over and the VS have gotten yet another alert victory without actually deserving it.
  10. MasterOhh

Wait, isn't it like 7am on the west coast right now? Please do not whine about off time pop imbalances, unless you want to make a dramapost about the overpop for each faction every 30 minutes.