50% VS overpop, 100% frustration

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Noooooch, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Noooooch

Just an off-peak Connery alert with 50% VS world pop and 50% Amerish population. Terrible fights everywhere.

[IMG]

SMH
    • Up x 5
  2. Nogrim313

the more you ***** the worse the Overpop gets dumb ***.

when all you people do is ***** that VS is overpowered, then more and more people switch, do you really think it is fun for VS either?

ive switched to TR because im sick of their victim complex. frankly i've been finding TR even easier than vs, and the killstreaks ive gone on with an uncerted prowler make my Magrider records look pathetic.

also you can't do anything to fix population imbalances that is a player issue that only we as a player base can address.
    • Up x 6
  3. Nregroepis

Connery again?
  4. Noooooch

I didn't say or ***** about VS being overpowered just hella overpopped right now. Sure people switch to VS for whatever reason but obviously IT'S NOT FUN FOR ANYONE.

When players choose to overpop instead of distribute population evenly then the game turns into a pos.
    • Up x 2
  5. Collin

What do you guys expect:

VS outperfoms HA TR and NC by a large margin (HA´s are the top killers in this game) have acess to some interesting gear like the lancer who of course outperfomes NC and TR as well. Now people see that it even gets the TR Dakka trait with the new AV gun which is really cool on the magrider with its ability to jump the enemy, rather then stay lock down.

VS Maxes outperform all other maxes for some reason i don´t understand and they do have some nifty weapons on LA as well.
    The Metagame with the best LMG on top of that an viola you got an imbalance right there and people start to move.
    • Up x 4
  6. Collin

Ohh just to see that how that works lets do a quiz here:

Last magazine upgrade in a L-PPA is..........

look at it you won´t belive it i had to check it myselve.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nogrim313

all these moronic threads do is advertise

"quick everyone switch to VANU, they are so over powered and broken there is no point in playing the other two, just surrender to the spandex its your only option for fun game play!!!!!"

you idiots are the ones responsible for that, and now you are ******** about the fact people actually listen to your idiotic rantings and switch factions.
    • Up x 3
  8. Collin

so we shall be quiete about it and you run and gun as you please not my style my friend
    • Up x 1
  9. Taleroth

Resource revamp can't come soon enough.
    checks roadmap

I got three-quarters right.
    • Up x 1
  10. Citizen H

THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH FACTION BALANCE. THE PEOPLE WITH PURPLE FORUM AVATARS KEEP SAYING SO. EVERYONE JUST WANTS TO PLAY VS BECAUSE REASONS. THEY'RE ACTUALLY UNDERPOWERED. THAT'S WHY THEY WIN ALL THE TIME. BUFF ZOE.
    • Up x 10
  11. Ragnarox

I think they should nerf VS population to 20% max. They need to nerf platoons too, like every VS platoon can't have 4 squads, only 3. And i think they need to give TR buff to respawns, with 0 sec respawn timer so they can die faster. :)

btw...NERF BULLET DROP ! :)
  12. Collin

Well i would start with:

Buff the NC and TR directive weapons, LMG Weapon Pass, Get the L-PPA magizine size fixed, buff the Fractures, buff the striker maybe fix the VS Max hitboxes.
    • Up x 3
  13. Citizen H

No, but what they should do is, if you're on a continent with more than 40% pop, XP and Cert gain shuts off for that faction.

Also, there should be a 1 hour cool down between switching characters of different factions on the same server. Because part of what causes massive overpop is players getting frustrated and then joining the dominating faction.
    • Up x 3
  14. hostilechild

Sweet more targets.

Was playing VS more in the last few months, but with so much VS overpop its more fun to run as NC. So much cheddar!
    While as VS you rarely see anyone to shoot (
  15. Meeka

Mmmm.... more VS, more spandex to spank, more kills to rack up!
    • Up x 1
  16. Noooooch

Let me make myself clear, I'm not saying VS are overpowered, just overpopped for that alert.

Here's the same damn server, Connery, during the next alert! 40% NC...
    [IMG]

Just trying to point out how unbalanced the game becomes during times like these.
    • Up x 1
  17. Pokebreaker

lol, it's not just Connery. Was watching an Emerald streamer at approximately 1030-1100 EST, and VS had 54% Server Pop. The map looked almost exactly the same, except NC had the Eastern Warpgate, and TR had the Western.

While there may be a slight truth to that statement, as it raises attention to the subject (good and bad); being silent only condones the issue, and actually prolongs it's future remedy. If nobody is complaining, then the problem can't be that bad, right? It also implies that X amount of players actually read Forums/reddit, then come to make the decision to join VS based solely off of what they've read. I'd argue that most people play the game, lose alot on one faction (NC/TR), then either leave the game, or jump to the winning faction. It happens in any game with faction options.

You're focusing on personal successes, versus overall faction success. Yes, for some folks, all that matters to them is their personal successes, no matter how bad their faction does (I have become this way as well). For others, being part of a winning team means more to them. I see it everyday in /Yell, where a Player of any faction will taunt the enemy they just took a base from, as though they themselves were the deciding factor in the win. Of course when you look up their individual stats, they didn't contribute as much as they try to make it out as, except having served as a bullet sponge. However, to them, THEIR team won, and that gives them the pride to taunt, even though they had minimal impact. It's a similar concept when it comes to sports fans; they never step foot on the field, yet will exclaim "We won", as though they were a contributing member of the team. My point being, individual ease of play does not remove the fact that many are negatively affected by the seemingly constant losses that a team incurs. If it were so easy, then everyone would be doing it. Currently, VS is perceived as "easier", thus there are more players going to them. Those same players will flock to the next best faction after whatever nerfs/buffs occur in the future.

I totally agree with this. Players flocking to whatever is considered "OP", is a mindset issue. They don't want a challenge, they just want to get the most advantage they possibly can, and there is honestly nothing wrong with that; I'ts human nature. Work smarter, not harder. The problem is that in faction-based games that rely on population, flocking players create negative situations for those who choose not to bandwagon. To feeble-minded folk, the concept of "If you can't beat'em, join'em", is not a statement/action they should be ashamed of.

In closing, none of what I've said is referring to anyone who joined VS because their favorite color is purple, they liked the design of their equipment, they liked their lore, or any other non-performance related reason. I'm only referring to those who joined SOLELY based on the perception of easier wins and "OP" weapons. Ultimately, what I think of those players is pointless, as they have the freedom to play however they want, for whatever reason they want. However, I still like to try and shame other people into not being an "OP" hunter, as they plague many games.
    • Up x 2
  18. HadesR

My starter for 10 ...

" Well obviously people over pop the worst performing faction "

:p

But on topic .. I've been playing TR more due to NC having a high pop when I log on ..
  19. Nogrim313

the problem here is that the whining is what is driving it. the game devs can't do anything about a population imbalance without either forcing people to switch by locking them out or by giving them the choice by nerfing the percieved top choice neither is good for the game. so it is up to the players to try to shift things by either switching on their own or with their outfits.
    the current weapons buying system really restricts this i had $1000 invested in my VS toon, not very much of that carries over now that ive gone TR

actually you could not be further off i play pretty much exclusively engineer and medic, im completely support oriented sunderers are my bread and butter. i think this is the problem with TR at least since switching ive been appauled at how poorly they work as a team, sunderers almost always are in bad spots (ie putting the enemy spawn room b/w them and the objective)

what i miss about VS is that team work, frankly the TR weapons seem to be a hell of a lot better than the victim complex whiners claim they are and my score with an uncerted prowler is already twice what it was with my magrider that has been nearly fully certed since year 1. frankly the more i play TR the more i want to strangle the whiners on these forums.
  20. Nogrim313

so NC just won an alert on connery with heavy over pop, should we nerf them now?