4th Faction TKers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MonnyMoony, Oct 3, 2017.

1. LordKrelas

Or just anyone with a dynamic IP, with the knowledge of their PC's ID number.
    Or just a second computer or two.

Real Griefers plan.
    Last-minute Griefers just relog onto an alt on the same account, which already would be detected.
  2. Lamat

Most households would share the same IP assigned to their modem by their ISP, and although "dynamic" they usually don't change that often, and though I'm not sure if ISPs allow you to renew and get new IPs by request, I imagine for legal reasons they'd be hesitant to do that frequently.

With IP alone, you might may be able to get a new one and fool them, with hardware ID alone you could just use a different computer, but using both is like a net to catch the majority griefers.
  3. Rydenan

Yeah, yesterday some VS outfits were zerging us 3:1 (not an exaggeration), and they still felt the need to send 4th factioners in to repeatedly blow up our weapons terminals in the spawn room (which was already being camped like crazy).

How low can you get?
  4. MonnyMoony

In addition - i'd say that weapons lock should happen much faster and last much longer for people who have a high percentage of friendly kills.

With 95% friendly kills - you shouldn't be able to get more than 1 or 2 shots off on a friendly without getting weapons locked. You certainly shouldn't be able to go off and kill a raft more.
    • Up x 1
  5. Lamat

Yeah, that would be really easy to implement, a sort of TK parole hole that you have to dig yourself out of by killing enough enemies again. Then at least the TKer can't exclusively just kill their own faction, they'd have to work for it.

Also, we shouldn't underestimate the pain-in-the-a$$ of creating new characters and going through the tutorial, so even banning without tracking IP/hardware can still help a bit, DBG just isn't even using the tools already at their disposal.

Like how easy is it to automate this?

(Player has higher than X% total teamkills
    AND/OR
    Player has more than X# recent teamkills)
    AND
    Player has been reported for Team Killing X# within T-time period
    THEN
    If 1st offense, notify player, give 24-48 hour ban on account
    If 2nd offense within 30 days, permanent ban on account
  6. MonnyMoony

Precisely.

I wonder what the average friendly kill rate is for a normal player. I'd hazard it's much less than 5% - so we could have a system that is exponential for each 5% increment:

0-5% friendly kills - weapons lock is as it is now.
    5-10% - weapons lock takes 1/2 as long to reach and lasts twice as long
    10-15% - weapons lock takes 1/4 as long to reach and lasts 4 times longer
    15-20% - weapons lock takes 1/8 as long to reach and lasts 8 times longer
    etc

We'd eventually get to the stage where even a single stray bullet hitting a friendly would result in instant weapons lock.

This can't be hard to program - all the stats and mechanisms needed to implement this are already in place.
  7. Lamat

Another good even fight with TR at Scarred Mesa, ruined by this same player, he just jumped into each sunderer and shot his own team members until the sunderer was destroyed, then deployed to the next sunderer and did the same thing until the battle was lost.

Which is salt in the wounds, because NC is totally outpopped on the world/continent and can't win anyway. Can we at least not have TeamKiller griefers taking our last shred of hope?
  8. Killer Medic

Anything for a win now days...what's wrong with a lot of **** in this world.
    What server?
  9. Killer Medic

That's the *entire point*! They *want* you to quit and let them either kill the game or help their 'pro' friends. So, of course they'll want to ruin that. However, plans like that typically succeed because once you and I are gone, than the 'pros' get bored and start ******** about how there's no 'real battles left.' That's when they leave, killing the game, and then move onto the next target to take down-all for kicks and to make others miserable because they're miserable.
    • Up x 1
  10. AlexR

This! There is an extremely annoying guy on miller called TerranRadio. Yes as you might guess he is just standing on wg and playing his crap loud. I wish it was permabanned.
  11. GenTech

Well, given that a certain NC player on Ceres who directly/indirectly griefed most of the NC on Ceres finally got banned...and basically came back a sort time later like nothing happened, I'm not sure how effective bans of any severity can be.
  12. Shadowdev

Don't forget to report, report and report, those TK pieces of garbage or they'll never get kicked.
  13. JibbaJabba

REQUIRE new characters to reach level 5 in the newbie area.

For legit players it won't take too long even if the newbie area is sparsely populated. For hackers/griefers that just got banned and made a new account this will be a lot of hassle when all they want to do is get back into the game and cause trouble.

It's not a Nirvana solution. Far from perfect. It would help some though.
    • Up x 1