4th Faction TKers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MonnyMoony, Oct 3, 2017.

1. MonnyMoony

Why isn't something done about these automatically.

Was in a fight today and a 'friendly' VS came up and started knifing me. I managed to take him out - only for him to come back at me and TK me. He kept coming back and so I managed to take him out 3 more times before I got the inevitable hate tell.

He told me that every time I killed him would add 24 hours to the time he would TK me in return - he told me to look at his killboard to see the "type of person I was dealing with".

So I did.

He was BR 10 and had 95% of his kills on his own faction.

My immediate thought was - how does somebody get to BR9 with a 95% friendly faction kills and not automatically get flagged (and banned) for being a griefer?

You can't possibly achieve such a percentage though accidental kills (certainly not all the way up to BR10) - so such a percentage is definitely indicative of 4th faction team killing.

There is nothing to stop somebody switching to an alt and doing a little bit of griefing/4th factioning on the side - but surely somebody with an account whose sole purpose seems to be to 4th faction TK shouldn't last long - certainly not all the way to BR 10.
    • Up x 12
  2. oTec

It's been an issue in planetside 2 for years. Salty individuals who can't win in a honest manner, so they tk you.
    It's been the last drop for me to quit planetside 2.
    My last character was a TR, untill this happend.
    Same story as you, walked up to me and knifed me. I respawn, same story but i won the knife fight.
    Then he started shooting.
    Pure cancer.

They should bring back the "one character" per server restriction.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. DarkStarAnubis

If you find a TKer: assuming he didn't do that by mistake (I have been killed a few times simply because I have a camo) don't fight back but leave the game, check his stats and if he has an history of TKing report him to DBG.

It works. Believe me.
    • Up x 3
  4. The Rogue Wolf

So the TKers and griefers just make a second account, while people like me decide we don't want to have to rebuy things for second/third characters, get bored with one character on a server, and quit. Brilliant! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  5. MuggieWara

Permaban for the whole account.Not just the character.Let them create new emails and accounts all the time and ban them again.They wont do it for long.They are sad lazy losers.

Hacking and intentional TKing should be dealt with the fitting severity and automatically by stat tracking!(yes i said it!)

Find what the best legit players are doing in terms of KPM and HSR(differentiated by class of course) raise it by 10-20% and set it as an auto permaban initiator(after considerable duration of course-we all have our lucky mega MLG streaks once in a while).

The same for constant griefing and TKing.

Implement the principle "Guilty until proven innocent" and not the opposite which exists in real civil law.
    • Up x 4
  6. MonnyMoony

I did do that - however the point i'm making is, surely this should be automated via the game or battle eye.

It simply shouldn't be possible for a character to get to BR10 with 95% friendly kills. There is no way you could achieve such a feat 'by mistake' - even if you are have really bad aim, are careless or main NC.
    • Up x 1
  7. DarkStarAnubis

it could easily be done by checking the stats on server side even if the player is offline however that could lead to false positives.

Maybe there is a lousy BR10 who sucks at fighting but either harvests Cortium like a pro, or rezzes/heals a lot, or repairs a lot. There are tons of ways to make XP - you must give him/her the benefit of the doubt. All it takes is reporting the player if you have been TK'ed.
  8. Lamat

I keep seeing the same guy I've reported, BR 4 only kills NC. I won't say his name, but it is basically "NC sucks TR is the best" his name is that obvious and still not banned for what he does. He spawns into vehicles and turrets at big battles and just mows down all the other NC until the vehicle owner locks the vehicle or someone is forced to blowup the sunderer.

They should ban with IP and hardware ID to help with the problem.

I've aldo suggested letting players block specific users from their vehicles and constructions, including spawning
    • Up x 5
  9. Who Garou

"They should bring back the "one character" per server restriction."

I pay for All Access and I bought extra character slots.
    Why should I be penalized for a grieffer's behavior?

I suggest reporting the TK'r for harassment.
    Enough reports of harassment and the DEVs should do something about.

Intentional TK'rs are not playing the game.
    The are jerks getting their jollies off harassing the players that want to play the game.
    When DEVs wake-up and realize that the jerks are driving away customers, they will realize that what they should have done to begin with ... work to solve the problem ... and keep working to solve the problem.

#$#$@$@ are #$#@#@$ and that's all there is too it.

Intentional TK'ing and Hacking cause the same issues and the #@@@$@# that do either are @%@$@# that will try to defeat any method of ##@%# with the player base that actually plays the game fairly and keeps money coming into the DEVs pockets.
    • Up x 3
  10. Who Garou

"I've aldo suggested letting players block specific users from their vehicles and constructions, including spawning"

How about no access at all - EVER - for people on your ignore list?
    • Up x 5
  11. DemonicTreerat

Oh yeah. Him. He was still at it a week or so ago - cost us an alert on Indar. Not just by making a number of sunderers unusable during fights, but I'm sure he was giving away the positions of the ones that were locked to the TR because each time he showed up our locked Sunderers quickly went boom. Mind you most of those had been up for 20+ minutes without being attacked prior to the little piece of bodily waste making its presence known.

Personally I think if a 4th factioner of that natures shows up it should result in the faction(s) they're helping getting a nice fat penalty. Say 50% reduction in all xp and credits plus a 100% increase in damage taken for a full week. Basically something so nasty that they'll be put on the "kill, report, and spawn camp this SOB indefinitely so he can't screw us over" of whichever side they're helping. Call it encouraging the players to cooperate in dealing with the lower life forms that engage in such activity.
  12. baka

Has my vote. Of course, my ignore list also includes anyone who thinks their crackly crappy music stream is so good that everyone needs to hear it.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lamat

These guys seem to get to BR 5-10 just so they can get C4 and/or tankmines. They just keep respawning at your sunderer/spawn tube and there is nothing you can do. This ranks REALLY high on the most aggravating issues with the game for me, I really wish the devs would prioritize this. There has got to be some ways to prevent this using more extreme weapon locks on repeat offenders and include using overall kill stats to track and ban these griefers. If someone is team killing even 40% of their kills (generously) something is wrong > track their IP and hardware ID > associate any multiple accounts > warn them all > ban.
    • Up x 2
  14. Who Garou

I mute those guys. - default hit [enter] while their music is playing.
    I am not sure if /ignore add mutes their voice or not.

But I would love it if they couldn't join squads that I'm squad leading and ruin my squad mates's fun (if I have them on my ignore list).
    • Up x 1
  15. Lucidius134

What if, some one you've blacklisted cannot spawn from YOUR deploiyed sunderer?

Additionally, i'm reminded of a cyrious video regarding the anti-hack measures implemented some time ago and how it could have been expanded upon to keep legit players out of it and automatically ban anyone who is clearly hacking or 4th factioning:

Perhaps they can bring back the auto-ban system and maybe not keeping the anti-hack measures that were so controversial but changing or adding functionality to ban 4th facitoners instead?

I can understand this being a frustrating experienc efor a new player that probably ruins things a bit for them so it might draw more people back to the game.

(Outliers i can think of: Some one throws a hand grenade instead of a nanite repair grenade and blows up pc4/AT mines an enemy or friendly placed, taking the blame)
  16. Lamat

Today during a TR alert on Esamir, we were fighting at the south eastern biolab, it was a pretty even fight and NC was only basically staying in the game, and then this annoying griefer gets in our sunderer and starts killing all the other NC spawning there, then once the vehicle was locked and he was killed he just respawns and blows up the sunderer causing all progress in the battle to be lost.

[IMG]

Like, our faction already has a tough enough time on Emerald server, and then this guy who I've reported several times for weeks "NCSUCKTRFORLIFE" (seriously, look at his kill board) yells and calls us all N-words and Jews on proximity chat and just craps on top of an already bad situation. I've seen this guy ruin so many good fights (and in addition spewing racial slurs) and absolutely nothing has been done about it. I heard him say he does it for fun, has done it for 5 years and has never been banned, he just yelled "go ahead and report me, they don't ban for TKs!"

I don't know what keeps me coming back anymore, I think I have to cancel my membership and just check back later because this game just isn't fun right now.
    • Up x 1
  17. LetMeBeClear

Reporting doesn't do any good, just like in PS1. It's a feel good measure. Ever wonder why they feel it's necessary to keep those who are exploiting/hacking a secret? Makes no sense! Shame those a-holes out of the game and ban them. I feel your pain as several of those 4th fac have done the same to me. It's ridiculous. I canceled my membership today because of the many pieces of cow excrement that come out of this game. There are other games out there and they sure aren't part of Daybroke.
    • Up x 1
  18. Skooma Lord

I've been suggesting this for a while and I think it is the best solution: Add a timer.. lets say 10 minutes.. If you are logged on to a faction for 10 minutes you cannot switch to another faction on the same server for 30 or so minutes. I think the 30 minute lock-out will prevent 4th faction TKers and the 10 minute timer will allow people who genuinely want to switch factions to play the game the right way to do so.
    • Up x 2
  19. LordKrelas

While a proper 4ther will have a second account, which won't trigger the lock-out at all.
    Magical.

I do like the fact you actually considered people needing to switch, such as those subbed, so they can get their paid for certs.
  20. Lamat

Using IP and the hardware IDs they already track, additional accounts shouldn't matter. 99.9% of griefers would not be able to get around that, and I can except just living with the very few hacker wiz griefers that can.
    • Up x 1