4TH FACTION IS NEEDED

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TyrantJo, Nov 24, 2015.

1. TyrantJo

It seems every time I log on my NC main, it's always TR and VS vs NC, and usually they have their whole population at 2 bases. Rarely do I ever see VS and TR battling each other. NC feels like the read headed stepchild of Planetside 2.

I sincerely feel that if a 4th faction was implemented this would help to balance the game much more instead of the usual two factions vs 1. Not to mention, a new faction would breathe new life into this game and many retired and new players alike will be interested in taking part in a refreshed, new battlefield.

I feel the dev's could make an alien race or a robotic race or something creative like that. The colors would be up for debate, but personally I would like to see a lime green faction. Their weapons could specialize in accuracy, or stability etc. Or they could be granted a movement speed bonus as aliens, maybe 1.5x normal speed. But to balance this they would be larger targets, physically larger, perhaps with an elongated head similar to the aliens from the Halo series. Their vehicles could be an altered version of VS's similar to how the TR and NC have altered versions of tanks and jets.

I know this would not happen overnight, but I feel if enough players think this should be implemented, the development process should begin right away as to create a hype surrounding the fabled 4th faction. The warp gates would be at the 4 corners of each continent. This would lead to a much needed weight lifted from 1 of the 3 factions at any given time.

Please fellow planetmans, discuss your thoughts in this post about a possible fourth faction. Leave comments about what type of race, colors, weapons, vehicles, etc you think would fit the newest faction best. If you agree with this post please continually check back and make sure to leave lots of comments as to keep this at the top of the forum section.
  2. CorporationUSA

No, just give the NC AI attack dogs. Let's see who's laughing then.
  3. OwlMatt

A fourth faction would require a redesign of the entire game. No thanks. Factions are fine.
    • Up x 1
  4. TyrantJo

How does adding one faction require a redesign of the entire game? Please be more specific. I also agree that the existing factions are "fine". However when 2 factions basically become 1 giant faction vs 1 smaller faction that becomes demoralizing and extremely frustrating.
  5. RedArmy

you dont need to redesign the guns - just remove NS guns from all factions, and make the 4rth faction NS only guns -
  6. Stevezor

Warpgate and lattice, for one. This game was very much specifically designed for 3 player factions in mind. Temporary peace between two factions is that, only temporary. And besides, it's usually only a temporary thing. There's never an organized gangup, it's independent minds.

There's not one grand hiveminded conspiracy to suppress one faction.
  7. CorporationUSA

I've proposed before making a mercenary faction that can only use NS weapons and vehicles. Make them available to players who have at least 1 BR50. Give them special spawns and missions to assist the other 3 factions(contracts). XP would only be awarded upon completing contracts, and the payout would be very generous. This would make them a more elite faction where teamwork and tactics are the goal, rather than mindless farming.
  8. TyrantJo

I cant imagine setting up a warp gate at each corner of the map and readjusting some of the base connectors terribly challenging. While the gang up may happen temporarily, when they do happen they are game breaking for the weak faction as you usually only have 3 options. Go fight at either 70%vs30% base or wander off to an empty base if there even is one, and try to cap that point by yourself or with your squad/platoon. This becomes incredibly boring fast as their are no enemies because they're all following the zerg.
  9. TyrantJo

This seems like a good idea as well.
  10. FateJH

What if all three factions turn on the NC? do we, following the original logic, need a fifth faction?
    • Up x 3
  11. Azawarau

Id love this

It doesnt seem viable though
  12. TyrantJo

With proper base connectors this would be near impossible. Plus, they would have to go through either faction in order to cap a base on the opposite corner of the map. Which brings me to the warp gates. It would be pretty lame if any faction was only able to fight 2 out of the 3 opposing factions so I would propose a warp gate randomization system to ensure that all 4 factions will have access to meaningful battles with each other depending on the layout of the warp gates. Also, maybe big center zone where all factions would have access. Like a layout similar to the map in a base with no capture point.
  13. FateJH

That's why my scenario involved the implicit situation that they all turned on the NC.
    The Waprgates rotate owners whenever a continent is unlocked. Additionally, two of the Warpgates swap owners once in a while after the normal rotation, to change the order of the factions. I do not track the exact mechanism so I am not going to say that the possibility of one faction being placed at the same Warpgate for the next cycle does not exist; but the total order, being adjusted, resultings in rivals being on opposite sides of each other for future rotations.
    No one would fight there because there'd be no reason to be there.
  14. Liewec123

the devs planned for something similar but unfortunately it got archived
  15. RedArmy

thats the black ops system that was scrapped
  16. Foxirus

Let me tell you why this will never happen:

1. Populations are at all time lows as it stands right now. There are simply not enough players to add another faction.
    2. Making a new faction requires massive resources to do. Development, Design, Art and 3D modeling. The cost for this would be astronomical. DBG would not approve it because the Cost to Benefit ratio is entirely lopsided (Costs would MASSIVELY exceed the benefits of doing this).
    3. Have you looked at how much trouble they have thinking of new content for the factions we already do have? This includes balancing issues. Putting it simply, They could not handle micromanaging the balance between 4 factions, They can barely manage 3. When Planetside 2 first started on its development, They were original going to make it a two faction game. It was going to be the Terran Republic and the New Conglomerate (Thats right, The Vanu Soviernty would not have existed if it was not for higby forcing them to add them in by saying it wouldn't be planetside 2 without them).
    4. It would cause population imbalances, Something that this idea is supposedly meant to solve. Think about it? A brand new faction with new weapons and tech? Even I would be tempted to leave the comfort of my grapedrank fueled home and test its mettle. Until players became bored of the new faction, It would be entirely one sided with everyone trying to play the new faction.
    • Up x 2
  17. CorporationUSA

Damn. How many other cool ideas were scrapped? I think they could still implement it at this point, after the base building is finished.
  18. Beerbeerbeer

They could just take the existing New Conglomerate models, change colors, add white beards, bald heads, beer guts and really, really saggy bottoms and call them the Old Conglomerate.

New weapons could be named: AARP Pistol, Social Security Stampede Special Assault, Wheel Chairs for the flash and ambulances for the sunderers, with lights.
    • Up x 3
  19. RedArmy

players studio - someone get on the ambulance sunderers
  20. FieldMarshall

Who is going to fund this massive project?