485 KPH - Acceptable or Not? You choose. A must read!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by repinSniper, May 28, 2014.

1. Exonis

They're already quieter, deadlier, and stronger than anything else; But now Liberators are the fastest thing in the game?!
    This is an outrage! It has gone too far for long enough I say!
    I SHALL HAVE NONE OF THIS.

-343 Guilty Spark
    • Up x 3
  2. Aloysyus

To me it just sounds like the well-known exploit.
  3. MasstaKilaz

For those of us who fly 3/3 everywhere this is of little consequence. Agreed it should be fixed though, LIBs are only overpowered due to their gunners and pilots. If people stopped complaining about them so much and started flying then there would be something to combat our LIBn forces. We welcome a good fight. So instead of complaining just jump in an ESF and join the swarm on your respective faction. We all know that once you take air superiority the ground game becomes much easier. Look forward to seeing you in the skies RepinSniper ;)
  4. PastalavistaBB

The never ending argument of the Flyboyz: If you are complaining aboutA2G weapons, learn to Fly an ESF...:rolleyes:
    I think that at this stage of the game there's no reason to even try to start flying tbh. There are pilots with thousands of hours of flight experience and you'll be killed not 30 seconds out of the warpate. To even spawn an ESF on Live Servers you'll need dozens of hours of Flight Practice in VR Training. And you won't get any experience on Flying on Live Servers, because your average Life in an ESF won't be higher than 2 minutes.

It's a joke that when you complain about Air vs Ground (Im)Balance, Flyboyz tell you "1 vs me @ Air m8". It's like a Professional Boxer calling out a Golf Player for a Fistfight.
    • Up x 7
  5. MasstaKilaz

I didnt say 1v me, i said join the air squads on your faction. Just takes practice. If you are having issues ask one of the better pilots to jump in VR with you and show you the ropes. Dont cry because you have flown for 20 minutes and you got wasted and vowed to never fly again. If your a VS and you want to learn to be a good pilot hit up LIBn. Talk to ACrispyTaco, DabsAllDay, or myself and im sure we can put together an hour of flight training for up and coming pilots once or twice a week if not more.
  6. PastalavistaBB

Thanks for your advice, but it's not a "I once spawned an ESF, then I got rekt" issue. I knew that I would get "rekt" badly %100.

Regarding Air vs Ground: Air is the problem. You are telling me to become part of the Problem, rather than trying to find a Solution to it. Planetside 2 is an MMO, but it has no Player Tiers. BR1-100 plays together. Therefore I understand that if I encounter people with thousands of Flight Hours in the air, that I have no chance of survival. That's why I choose not to fly. It's like EVE Online. A new player has mathematically not the slightest chance to even come close to the NoLifers that played this game for thousands, if not tens of thousands of hours. And I'm fine with that. It is what MMO games are.

Then again, I'm not ok with Air dominating everything. I'm not fine that AA weapons are "deterrents", rather than "direct counters". "The Counter to Air is supposed to be Air" Argument is getting old and lame. It's just not realistic. It boils down to "I'm such a skilled and experienced Pilot, I should farm all the Ground Peasants without resistance. AA doesn't require skill and is OP. OMG Nerf Flak!" most of the time. %90 of the playerbase shouldn't have to be paranoid %100 of the time they play, that some Skygod sweeps down from out of nowhere and kills them while the remaining %10 has all the fun. People that don't fly in this game are not necessarily "bad players", but either like Infantry Gameplay or Tanking more or realize that they are just too late to become a decent pilot at this stage of this game. Or their hardware is just not sufficient for Flying, but that's another topic.

Then there's the reason how much disconnected Pilots are from the rest of the game. They are playing their "Minigame" at the cost of everybody elses fun. But it's a long topic and I won't talk more about it here.

How did this turn into a Air vs Ground (Im)Balance thread? I never intended to do that tbh.
    • Up x 7
  7. JackD

You are to lazy to learn it, that no reason to complain. We already have two kinds of Lock-ons. Its not like EVE were you have to skill for years. A competive ESF costs around 1500 certs, Coyotes cost another 1000certs but save you the trouble of having to learn how to fly.

So if you are to lazy to learn to fly, you are bound to the less effective less effective G2A options. Nobody but you forces you to use them,
  8. nightbird

Reavers have a max AB speed horizontally (not in a dive) of 420kph, Scythes and Mossies have 400kph (all with Racer 3). No bailing out required though.
  9. FaLI3N

I learnt how to fly only to have them release coyotes.

I am mainly a tanker and I don't really want to fly. If you want to kill me in my tank then pull a tank and face me on the ground. If you are crappy at the tank game and I continually stomp you until you go back to the skies then you have no reason to complain. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 7
  10. MasstaKilaz

RepinSniper how often do you see lib pilots using this?
  11. PastalavistaBB

Same old, same old "The Counter to Air is supposed to be Air" Argument. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  12. FaLI3N

1v1 me in tanks bro.. ;)
    • Up x 3
  13. PastalavistaBB

Wait while I'm getting my LA ready. :D
    • Up x 1
  14. Iridar51

Completely out of this world. So I'm having my fun infantry game, right? Then a lol pod farmer comes in. Like a brave hero of omniverse, I redeploy to nearest Air Terminal, spawn an ESF and come looking for that lol podder. Then the following happens:
    1) That guy is already left, and I just wasted my time and resources
    2) That guy brought a wingman and I don't stand a ghost of a chance
    3) That guy is still there, I engage him and I still don't stand a ghost of a chance because, unlike me, he spends 90% of his time flying.

You're saying I should bring my wingmen too? Oh, okay, I spend five minutes calling all my friends who sit on their hands with nothing to do, ready to spawn an ESF at moment's notice. Then we come looking for that lol podder, blow him up if he's still there, and end up with multiple ESFs on our hand with nothing to do. Natural idea would to come looking for more enemy ESFs..
    Wait, I thought I wanted to play ground game, not air game?..
    • Up x 6
  15. repinSniper

As of recently, many top Connery Lib pilots have been noticed by myself using this "mechanic". Very rarely in the past would I see a solo lib swap seats and possibly use this, but as of now, it seems to be duo lib pairs running this way (this past week or two has been very noticeable for me personally).

Also a post here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...this-was-a-new-one-to-me.186983/#post-2707050
    This perked my interest about a week ago (although it was only sitting in the back of my brain til yesterday) into the topic of having no pilot and the implications. Thank you STLYoungblood, your thread helped my research into this topic.

How did this thread turn into an overall air debate? STOP da' hijacking! :eek:

While in a hard dive instead of a level cruise, you can attain ~399-400 top in the Racer 3 Reaver while afterburning, try if for yourself.
    Here's a handy reference guide though: http://learn2flyesf.wordpress.com/2014/02/15/esf-airframe-speed-data/

You forgot 4) He's already dead, and now you are a little sad because you couldn't get him in time...

Other then that, remember:

This thread is not about the general state of the game, how air in general is unbalanced, or how we all should just be friends; but is is about 485 KPH Top Speed Liberators using the ability to swap out of a pilots seat to gain downward acceleration while maintaining forward motion at full afterburner speeds.
    • Up x 2
  16. z1967

Racer allows you to outrun all non-racer ESFs except the Mosquito. Most pilots use hover so Racer has an advantage there.
  17. T-Dawg302

I run racer 3 and I have gone into dives (Still in the pilot seat) and can pull well over 300 kph. And when aiming down about 15 degrees and hold space I have a cruise speed of around 260-270 kph. (I don't know the exact numbers)
  18. nightbird

I specified not in a dive :) but I didn't mean level flying either. Horizontally. Not all guides are comprehensive, there's more ways to fly horizontally than straight or space-bar.
  19. FaLI3N

Nope I am now immune to c4. Kill me in tanks or bad. C4 is just a deterrent. My tank costs 450 resources and holds two people, your c4 costs 200 and holds nothing but broken dreams. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 5
  20. miendude

Nice post, very interesting