4 Phoenixs kill entire base behind enemy lines...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Seaker Drone, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Armcross

Now I know that the base won't retaliate I going to do this with my outfit [R18].
  2. Pfundi

Well, I dont want to be this guy, but when you get out-damaged by only 4 Phoenix users you're doing something wrong.
  3. Taemien

There's something seriously wrong with the VS and TR. I don't know what it is.. but in the off chance NC uses it (dunno why they don't use the phoenix more often, but that's another matter), even when I'm on my TR and tell my fellows to shoot it.. they don't.

Some even argue with me that I'm out of my gourd. They don't even believe the missile can be shot down. Even when they watch me do it. They think its because the NC HA is bad at using it.

So yeah.. I could see some dumb TR or VS siting there watching their base die. As soon as the blue rocket shows up, they bend over and take it. Maybe they like it like that, who knows?
  4. Armcross

Don't worry, I believe you.
  5. Pelojian

many PS2 players are incompetent in my eyes, it isn't their fault they've been raised on games like CoD where they are taught to be achievement ****** and not really care about anyone else.

I enjoy shooters as much as anyone else, but playing a shooting game single-player and playing a multiplayer game are not the same even if they are a combined program, armies win wars by working together using their strengths to cover their comrades weaknesses.

I'm here to take bases, smash enemy vehicles with my own vehicles, support the team when i can with the tools i can use at the time.

the ANT system is good in that regard, whoever you are you can support a player made base or support attacking a player made base, you don't need to be squadded, i can find a silo in the red capacity marker, harvest 10,000 cortium and keep that base in the fight. if i'm in a squad and they made a base i can go out and support them as long as they keep a corridor of a path secure for my ANT to access in and out.
  6. DeadlyOmen

Did you try going over there and killing them?

You stood there and filmed how good of a victim you are.

Go cast your Bernie vote. FPS' are not for you.
  7. The Rogue Wolf

But then they might kill me! MUH PRECIOUS KDR MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS!
    • Up x 4
  8. Kevin

Shoot the damn things!
    You can shoot Phoenix missiles!
    I wish I could punch the recorder guy in his ******** face!
  9. Moridin6

lol at the one rocket coming from the tree practically in grenading distance
  10. Money

having attempted this with a squad, there is no way those few rockets killed that hive. It takes about 30 or 40 phoenix hits to bring a hive down assuming you kill the repair module first
  11. Pikachu

Most players likely don¨'t know they cans hoot the missile. Since the brilliant devs have yet to add that info in the game. If you didn't listen to Higby back in early 2013 when he showed the ESRL in works then you're out of luck. Unless you stumble upon some player mentioning it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Taemien

Dude.. I'm right there with you.. but this goes beyond incompetence. When I've personally told individuals that they can shoot a missile down and they say, "that's stupid.. they should be nerfed." I'm not even going to call them mentally handicapped since that would be an insult to those who truly are.
    • Up x 4
  13. Pelojian

obviously whoever brought them up didn't do a very good job if they ignore advice and instead chose to play stupid and nerf call anything that resembles thought-to-defeat rather then rambo inaction mode 'it's there but the dude isn't visible /ignores threat'.
  14. FieldMarshall

Stalker with blackhand works pretty well as a counter to phoenixes.
    You can also shoot down the rockets until they give up or die.
    • Up x 1
  15. Jake the Dog

Just going to point out that he's being sarcastic...
  16. Ascythian

17. chuck105

That would be a nerf to heavies, and wouldn't work given that they resupply from ammo packs, not terminals. Spamming rockets from range is part of the game, just like shelling a base in a tank. I think they could add a shield that has a reasonably large radius that blocks projectiles. That would force attackers to engage the base at a range the defenders could fight back.
  18. TwoSkies

Not to go off on a rant, but...

Aren't things like this what make PS2 a great game? That a squad can come up with a plan and take out a base? I'm not trying to troll the OP, but when you see sandbox stuff happening in a sandbox game, I dont think "broken" I think "fun". Seriously, 4 infantry is not too much to deal with; but it is cool that 4 cooperating squad members can actually get something done. It's the whole problem with people crying about balance when something actually works as intended
  19. Problem Officer

WITHOUT EVER GIVING AWAY THEIR LOCATION!!
    WHERE COULD THEY POSSIBLY BE!?
    :eek:
    • Up x 1
  20. Haquim

Well I'm happy for you if you can shoot them down.
    Personally I think that is NC ******** because doesn't really work.

Yes, it is possible. But first of all it is a very small target moving very fast. Like a head moving at 42 ms/s.
    When you protect the core, standing in front of it you have about half a second to do that, and a single hit is apparently not sufficient. If you can actually do that consistently I'm very sure you got an aimbot.
    But whats worse, even IF I shoot one down (in theory) it doesn't matter. Because the goddamn rocket will take half a second to realize it is dead - so it flies another 20 metres or so and hit its target before it actually is "shot down"