2 things that are way too abundant right now, fix this junk sony.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kracin, Dec 4, 2012.

1. PoopMaster

Definitely think aircraft and MBT costs should at least be doubled.
  2. Corsix

Remove the ability to solo-drive and shoot heavy tanks, fixed.
    • Up x 2
  3. Booticus

Vehicles are a huge part of this game, if you want an infantry based shooter on a stamp sized map, go play COD.
  4. Corsix

Like the lone wolf types that hop in a Heavy tank to drive AND shoot by themselves, like many popular console FPS's, hhmmm...
  5. Ronin Oni

#1: No

#2: I have a good secondary weapon on my tanks... I absolutely want my tank crewed at all times. This doesn't happen when it's only 2-3 of us, but when we scale up our squads I always roll with a gunner... when it's 2-3 of us, we all roll in a tank and jump in someone elses if you lose your tank.

#3: I have nothing against the idea of slightly more powerful dedicated gunner turrets.
  6. Game Tips And More

I actually find that most battles are still Infantry based, across three servers. There are many places tanks cannot go, even in the little outposts. Air is pretty strong, but isn't it supposed to be? You can always to inside buildings... I do see more Heavies than at Release, but there are still lots of support classes and Infils around. Why can't the Infils take over the Terminals? Can't spawn tanks if you don't have access..
  7. Madmoody

I fully agree I would like to see reduction in air and vehicles I feel that an overall reduction of vehicle and air points be maybe 1/5 the amount of gather potential .I would also like to see a way one could transfer air vehicular points to infantry supply stock.
    One other thing Aircraft and tanks should never get heat (fleer) type vision. This should be infantry only period.If tank or aircraft are not able to Kill other tanks aircraft without it then I could see giving it to them.But all it will be used for is Distance stand off ****** of Infantry.I am pretty sure that Infantry is the biggest most liked part of this game.
    Sony pay attention all the other large shooters out there have INFANTRY at core of its game play and failure to keep it as slightly overall the most effective adaptable means to an end will kill this game period.
    If a player gets upset in tank getting killed whatever usually means no infantry support was with them they can go infantry to fix this but if infantry is getting Long RANGE FLEER vision ***** where they have no ability to advance and destroy it on foot if there is no spawn for vehicles there they have no reasonable choice but to quit leave the facility to the vehicular users or sit at doorway till something happens.
    Games are fun when players feel empowered being packed into a room for a long time with no way to fight back within reason as infantry against the imbalance of resources (AIR VEHICLE).

Point is if there were only flashes and infantry the game would be fun maybe even more fun than it is now. But currently no kidding 60-70% of the time I am infantry I look for infantry targets find few or none BUT THERE ARE LIKE 2 - 10 enemy vehicles I must hide from constantly. THE BALANCE IS WAY OFF. COUNTERSTRIKE no tanks jets STILL KICKING HARD LEARN SONY
  8. SKYeXile

wait till you get them all fully certed and on a 5min timer, ITS AMAZING.
  9. Vargs

Definitely agree with this. Funny that infantry resources are the most scarce. Somehow manage to sneak up behind a perfectly still tank with an incredibly oblivious secondary gunner without anybody noticing and have several seconds to place two C4 to destroy it? Say goodbye to 200 infantry resources. Now the guy you just blew up needs to spend around the same in less valuable vehicle resources to kill 20 more dudes in another tank.
  10. Madmoody

Teamwork is what you are insinuating lacks for people who find the most fun relating to human type skills and action playing infantry. POPYCOCK we all have right to select what we like thing is if infantry is gone you vehicular spamming min max most effective players will leave and say game sucks no action. There is potential for more team play in infantry than tanks. I'm sorry you do not like infantry but admit it if there were none game would suck and not fixing this issue will make it suck its moving that way now IMO.
  11. siiix

I DISAGREE, this is a war game/simulator not CS or CoD

in every frekin vehicle based shooter you infantry lovers whine and cry ...

solution for you STAY IN BASE defending.. and let us (the majority) have fun ..there is more then enough infantry only action in this game ..

so PLEASE SONT DO NOT CHANGE THIS... VEHICLES ARE FINE !!!!!!
  12. Madmoody

Walking driving I find I can take sunders almost anywhere any non jet pack troop can go wile tanks and the little quad can go more places outdoors than all but light infantry in climbing hills and such then ya got the aoe spash damage the only places vehicles cannot affect much are inside rooms and sometimes they can even do that.
  13. Madmoody

14. Unit1126PLL

This is hilarious, because as a vehicle user, I often regret that I ever pulled anything other than Engi or HA because of enemy airpower.

I should post a screenshot later of the 7x Vanu liberators and like 5x Scythes just in one part of the sky...
  15. Rothnang

I don't think the resources on vehicles are a problem. A tank can be taken out by an HA who can respawn in 10 seconds if he dies without any cost at all, and people are complaining that you can spawn several tanks in a row if you've spent over 2000 certs to get the cooldown down to 5 minutes? lolwut?
  16. Razeth

Honestly these points have merits about vehicle spam but the solution is not to address vehicle or infantry balance. The solution is for the devs to move forward with whatever plans they have to improve incentives to capture bases. The problem is so many people right now are not actually trying to capture bases they are simply trying to get as many kills as possible.
  17. D0n

So you increase cooldown and cost and they only afk to spawn another, nothing changes and you penalize the newbies learning to use the vehicles (getting killed alot), nice.

Go hit the biolabs if you want pure infantry battles.
  18. hostilechild

Tieing certs to basically kills created this issue (xp whoring/lone wolfing). Tech plants are basically Kill Trading just as in other pvp MMO games where killing grants pts for better skills/weapons. But not much way around it. Dieing means nothing, so K/D is just epeen. So you can zerg as a "solder" for a kill, since the more you kill the more certs you make even if you die 1million times to the 1000kills.

back on topic:
    I love all the vehicles in the game, makes it more interesting. If we are overrun by tanks, we go pull tanks and libs! If we are overrun by aircraft we go pull ESF and AA maxes! Yes this takes teamwork, seems to be very foreign to a lot of people these days.

But, i do think they need a small resources increase. I know i never run out, even infantry resources - i certed into about every one thats decent just to keep my infantry resources down and have max in each. Or if resources ticked slower. Or if only got resources of the type at the base you are at plus its surrounding hexes. (at warp gate you would tick x of each so if you got gated you could get out)
  19. gunshooter

Personal resources were a terrible design decision. Pulling vehicles and aircraft should pull from your factions pool, not your own. With this "EVERYONE GETS A TANK!" ****, it just leads to all 53030043 players pulling their own tanks.
  20. Madmojo

AV ammo and Spear turrets cost nothing. You're problem all wrong. The real issue is that vehicles can go almost anywhere, leaving few spots for infantry vs infantry.