10 things I would change if I could

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ruar, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Ruar

In no particular order.

1. HA AV weapons- The only lock on weapon would be the annihilator. The GTA and GTG lock on launcers would instead operate under the same principal as the engineer AV turret. I'd also add NS Phoenix with less damage and NS Lancer with longer reload time.

2. Shotguns- Decrease the overall damage each pellet does while increasing the spread of each shot. There would be no one hit kills or even two hit kills. Instead shotguns would be the choice for crowded corridors where you can damage multiple enemies with each shot, but not for engaging single targets. NC MAX shotguns would operate under same principal but have slugs as built in option for longer range engagements.

3. AP mines- All three AP mines removed from the game, all associated cert points restored, and instead I'd put in a shield similar to the ones seen on the engineer AI weapon but short enough it can be jumped over. The shield would provide mobile cover and could be used on boxes but not in doorways.

4. Increase health by 40-50% (except MAXes) to slow down the speed at which people die. Not shields, but health. This will help medics and engineers by creating a bigger demand for health and ammo refills.

5. Striker- Change to a multi-barrel rocket launcher similar to the PS1 SA rocket launcher. Can fire single rockets one at a time with same projectile speed as the Lancer, or switch to alt fire mode to launch all barrels at once. Reload would be slowest of all ESRL. No guidance or tracking but instead high volume of fire.

6. Way to see infiltrators- Create darklight implant or use HSNV scope to see infiltrators. Downside is limited field of view, but it would allow some kind of defense when infiltrators are known to be in an area.

7. Sunderer adjustments- Split utility and defense into two different categories. Blockade armor would get mineguard defense but downgraded to a 50% reduction in damage instead of 70%.

8. Camo changes- Offer solid color camo in empire specific shades, olive drab, tan, black, and white. Blockade armor would assume camo scheme instead of being black plates.

9. MBT changes- Increase health of MBTs by 35-40%. Remove AI specific weapons and reduce AI damage on AP cannon so that no cannon can produce a one hit kill. Increase innate resistance against ESF rockets. Idea is to make MBTs primarily anti-armor/vehicle platforms while increasing their life to allow them to engage in armor fights. Reduced ability against infantry would mean increased reliance on friendly infantry, buggies, or lightning thus creating more of a need for combined arms.

10. Population incentive- Provide option for overcrowded faction to change faction creating new character with same total certs and BR. So BR25 NC with a total of 5000 certs on Helios could create VS on Helios that is BR 25 with 5000 certs to spend. Having an exp bonus is simply not enough incentive to pull someone away from the work they spent on a character and ask them to change factions.
    • Up x 4
  2. ARCStormtrooper

:eek:
    • Up x 3
  3. Slyguy65

All you people against tanks, annoy me.

"TANKS SHOULD ONLY BE USEFUL AGAINST TANKS"

Ok then why the hell ever pull tanks FFS.

The whole reason tanks were invented was to have infantry shake in their boots...FFS people.

Now its like...oh tank...let me hide and RPG it to death..there done.

STUPID
    • Up x 4
  4. Amphoric

Shotguns are fine, if someone can come right up to you and shoot you with 10-11 pellets, you deserve to die. Don't blame them for picking the right weapon at that distance. But with that being said I wish the spread of the pellets got higher as the range grew though.

Infantry health is fine.

A Tank shell should easily 1 hit ko any infantry, on a direct hit, with any of their main cannon weapons. Tanks are already underpowered as it is.

More tank armor would be nice since you know they are tanks.
    • Up x 1
  5. Killy80

Most points sound reasonable, except the NC MAX shotgun change. A MAX with that rate of fire that only 3-shots enemies would be a dead MAX.

I wish they would at least try a higher TTK on the testserver. :eek:
  6. vincent-

Meh no comment.
  7. Goden

My god. Please implement #3.

This game would benefit so much from some deployable energy shields.
  8. Ruar

As Jules said Allow me to retort.

First, I'm not against tanks. If you payed attention to what was written I said to first INCREASE tank HP by at least 35% or more. Additionally I said to increase the innate resistance to rocket pods from ESF as well. The entire reason for those to changes is to ensure MBTs are a significant presence on the battlefield. However the ability for MBTs to farm infantry with main guns should be pretty much removed so that MBTs can focus on other armor. Not just other MBTs but all ground vehicles. Infantry would have an even harder time killing MBTs with the increase to armor but MBTs would need support to operate and not just roll around getting easy kills with HE or HEAT.

Think of MBTs as battleships with big guns capable of killing other ships but unable to defend themselves against submarines or aircraft. Thus you put destroyers (lightning and buggies) around your MBT to provide protection against the threats the MBT is weak against. In turn the MBT protects the support from other MBT. Teamwork aka combined arms... that thing any modern army uses.

Perhaps the shotguns/mines are fine and the problem is simply the low amount of health which allows for very fast TTK of various weapons. Increasing the HP would go a long way to making the game more fun overall instead of the current gank fest with very few actual engagements. I realize some people play simply to get kills, but I prefer to have fun fights. It's hard to have a fun fight when you turn a corner and die to a mine, shotgun, or shotgun max before you even have time to react. Perhaps I could just never go indoors, but when all of the capture points require you to stay in close proximity there is no way to help the team take ground without getting in close to someone.

Oh and the reason for health instead of shields is because shields recharge automatically and could be used as an infinite damage absorber in some situations where as health has to be recharged by finite resources or someone else.
  9. seamus2008

No No No No. More health encourages bum rushes, run & gun, and side strafing CQB. Less health encourages tactical combat, concealment & cover, and longer-ranged battles. If you favor the former, there are other games for that.
    To create bigger demand for medics (engies don't really need it imo), triple the experience gained from healing/resupplying teammates. Done.
    If I as an Infil can get insane "Menace" bonuses for doing what I do (picking people off), those poor Medics should get better rewards doing what they do (reviving me).
    • Up x 1
  10. ChaosRender

1. So all RL should be anti ground unless they are the Annihilator?
    2. Shotguns should not kill people and should be made so worthless no one uses one?
    3. The already very limited AI mine should be removed in favor of a shield that does not help one of the class that use AI mines?
    4. Medics and Engi should get more certs than any class, and TTK should be longer.
    5. The striker should be the best dumb-fire rocket in the game. (unless it is immune to #1 then it should stay the best RL in game)
    6. Infiltrator should not be allowed to infiltrate, their roll is sniper and due to the higher health, they should fail at that as well.
    7. Sunders should not have to make choices to stay alive...they just should.
    8. It seems ether want factions to be harder to tell apart or you want one faction to just have better camo period.
    9. This change would only make MBT worthless as they would be food to infantry and unable to defend them self.
    10. this idea is fine as long as the original character is deleted in the process. (ie BR25 NC deleted and replaced with BR25 VS)
  11. Jaloro

Lol. I'd hate pretty much all those changes.

This is why a development company can never please everyone and their forums will always be full of dumb rubbish.
  12. Chiss

Yes please
  13. Teegeeack

Generally sounds terrible.
  14. }{ellKnight

This.

#3 sounds nice. Appart from that nope.
  15. Vyss

I'd rather have better incentives for fighting there than the meager xp bonuses.
  16. Camycamera

agree on the shotgun change.

i know it is a shotgun, but it is SO ENRAGING to get insta-gibbed by some fellow nearby, even if i shot first.

one hit kill weapons are so annoying.
  17. EvaJones

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding shotguns were never supposed to be "conal area of effect" weapons in real life. The fact that they have spread doesn't mean they're supposed to damage multiple targets.

Hard-counters are never good for anything. As an infiltrator, going up against detection removes all skill from the equation and replaces it with currency, i.e.: who has enough certs to counter all infiltrator's indefinitely.

No, terrible idea. Even worse than the idea to add cloaking in the first place. The infiltrator's recon device is a much better detection method and fairly balanced for infiltrators.

I'll be fine for MBTs to be relegated to "only AV" combat when the AV capabilities of infantry are also removed. Either you have a two-way exchange of fire, or not at all. Same goes for the G2A and A2G debate. If you want to shoot one, you have to accept the other shooting back.
    Infantry are more than capable of destroying tanks on their own as it is without other tanks needed. Tanks are already giant EXP pinatas as it is, they'd be even more of a joke.

Everything else on your list I have no opinion worth noting.
  18. EvaJones

I agree that increasing HP would probably be bad for Planetside 2, but for a different reason. The combat in Planetside 2 is slow. You walk at a limping pace compared to the FPS from days of old. Planetside 2 is not more tactical because it has a low TTK, it's just less skillful for it overall.

Higher HP won't change the pace of combat, it'll just make it a chore, having to stand there looking at each other while reloading to get the next volley in. Then it'll be RELOAD SPEED OP NERF NOW.
  19. Jaes

All I can say is I'm glad OP isn't in charge of making changes o_O
    • Up x 2
  20. maxkeiser

Disagree.

My replies in red.