What's an easy way to get cert points?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VR11499, Jan 7, 2013.

1. DukeFlash

How many self-proclaimed "new" players needing cert advice do you know who are willing (or even able) to buy Station Cash?
    Unless players like the OP say they are willing to buy SC, I'm going to assume they're taking the 'free' path every time.
    • Up x 1
  2. TheEvilBlight

Point taken. In which case, your options for quick and easy are limited to begin with.

Your options are to support your empires attacks with healing and repair, since ghosthacking is unlikely to be tolerated for very long and involves long transit times from base to base.
  3. Clay Pigeon

Zephyr gunner.
  4. Rhapsody

Slightly sarcastic answer here... but sadly, its a 'true' answer.

1. Fly a lib, find a spawn out-house at a base to let your gunner camp and get assist exp.
    2. Fly a SF with A2G rocket pods and do the same as #1, though get full exp.
    3. Be a medic and use your AOE heal over and over again (while also healing and rezing people) at Bio lab fights.
    4. Be an engineer and drop your ammo pack and heal maxes in a bio lab.

If you try to do anything else in a vehicle, you'll just get killed by the people who are in a SF/Lib, and if you try to be an infantry anywhere other than a bio-lab, you'll just get killed by people in SF's/Libs.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bavieca

sadly true. If you can find a friend to let you gun his lib and he is good enough not to get shot down, you are on your way. I make considerably less certs per hour, but I enjoy fighting the enemy. a BR 1 with a base gun can win against other infantry if you play smart. Get a nice kill streak or just keep respawning and eventually you will have a few hundred certs to spend.
  6. forkyar

7. Crywalker

I often get fewer certs w/my outfit than I do solo.

Repairing a max that's taking frequent but non-lethal damage, while resupplying it, as an engineer is some of the easiest steady streams of XP for a new player. If you can get in a squad with that player even better.

Otherwise, medic is alright with heal/revive spam but much of the time you're not being particularly helpful mass reviving people that are basically feeding the enemy certs with their poor positioning. And nobody likes being revived with a low rank med gun into another death shortly after.

Of course, the best is farming infantry as anti-ground air or tank, lib gunner being the most ideal probably. Not everyone knows a pilot with an upgraded lib they can farm infantry with though. HE anti-infantry tank weapons are pretty solid and can be used solo.
  8. siiix

and log back in at least once every 24 houts, you get 1 cert every 3 hours... doesn not seem much but ~40 certificates a month it better then nothing
  9. VoidMagic

Gratz Morph!
    Fun right!
    • Up x 1
  10. Tecnotronics

Just use a booster. Use a virtual box to run Planetside 2 on your PC, and another copy of the game both in real time. Then log in with 2 characters, and run some scripts like the same ones from Star Wars Galaxies with the Creature Handler.

It might be super boring to do though, since you are battling computers. I'd recommend waiting until the game grabs you, and is fun! That way you make friends, and have a good time during your free time!
  11. Bloodmyth

This... I worry that by concentrating too much on Certs, you'll miss out on the cool stuff, like killing ppl. :)
  12. RomulusX

Buy the gun with the underbarrel grenade launcher, play eng..drop ammo box and spam from within spawn rooms
  13. MrK

In terms of bang for your money, I'd go this way :
    * Go Engie, try to hop in Lib gunner positions, or find zerg spot with MAXes and such to hand in ammo and repair
    * At 250 certs, get HEAT for Lightning. May take some time, but not as much as the bigger farm tools, and worth it imho.
    * begin some farming, always keeping up with your zerg, farming spawn locations. This is the first step toward farming.
  14. siiix

the under barrel grenade launcher is not for every one, i havent had a single kill with it and i havent been killed a single time with it and i have it for a month and i play for over 100 hours... other wise its a cool toy
  15. Noxx(ia)

you stole the words right out of my mouth. Don't worry about guns. There are differences, but if you save 1000 certs for a gun you'll be sorely disappointed if you think it'll give you an advantage over 1000 certs into your classes. The only gun worth saving for are the 100 cert bolt action infiltrator rifles for vanu and Terran republic.
  16. RomulusX

It's instant kill if it hits the person's feet, prime for when they run by in the biodome, or for tech plants drop on top of a pillar outside and spam down at the zerg...easy kills, or drop on top of biodome and hit people on the airpad...sooooo easy :D
  17. siiix

YET in a MONTH i did not had a single kill with it, witch for me its forewer :) funny huh

maybe the TR version blows
    also i got not once got killed with it and i have 1500 deaths
  18. Pat Cleburne

Liberators and Daltons. That is what all the +65 BR people have been doing. Well, that or hacking.
  19. medbot544

Two words: Base Turrets.

With 2x + 50% booster + prem + one turret kill = almost as much exp as capping a lesser base. Even without 2x events it's awsomely fast exp.

It takes maybe 15 secs to kill one too and there is like up to 20 or more in the bigger places like bio labs. Plus after your team caps the base, go and repair them all. Mad mad certs and you don't even have to risk dieing to earn it if there is no defense (which usually there never is).

This or as usual: farm with a lib. Again, low risk of death but high cert payouts.
  20. mow

What's an easy way to get cert points?
    hack