Why Does NC Armor GLOW At Night?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Warlyik, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Xasapis

The lines are not noticeable unless you're practically on top of me. I don't need the lines to spot you though, I have a IR scope for the purpose, night or day. And a healthy hate vs infiltrators, playing as mostly engineer.
    • Up x 1
  2. Takoita

TR models glow in the dark too. Forehead for HA, forearm for Engie, on the back and sides for Infil and eyes for MAX are those that I've noticed.
  3. Athessu

Wrong, it was changed to be in line with the other faction equivalents. The bolt actions are identical.
  4. traum

Looking cool have a price. ;)

At least we don't look like disgusting clamshell of sado gang bang partier, so I put it as an avantage of the NC. :)
  5. drNovikov

• Up x 2
  6. ISpyWithMyLittleEye

Lets not forget how the VS Infiltrator has a helmet that says SHOOT HERE to other Infiltrators at night lol.
  7. Xasapis

Yes, really.
    Is that the usual distance of infiltrator engagement for you, at a slap's distance?

Also, if the OP wanted to have an argument with any kind of merit, he would have provided a screenshot of all three factions and then discuss how his faction stands out more than the other two. Sure, in arm's distance if you want but also at an engagement distance that makes sense as well.
  8. D0n

Vision is not even relevant as long as you can QQ.
  9. Zoridium JackL

I agree it's not a big deal, but at the same time it's definitely something to put on the to do list, and it surely can;t be that difficult to tone down the lighting?
  10. forkyar

way to bump a old thread
  11. drNovikov

1. When I infiltrate enemy base, I am close enough for them to see those ridiculous lights. Those lights leave me no chance to hide in shadows or loose my chasers. These lights make me a perfect target. Easy to spot, easy to follow.

2. These lights are just ridiculous. Do they think infiltrators are dumb? Because only a dumb person would make himself illuminated when going behind enemy lines.

3. I got killed again and again just because enemies saw those stupid lights. They would not notice me otherwise. I asked people who killed me. They saw the lights.
  12. Xasapis

The question is though, are you disadvantaged compared to other factions infiltrators? If you're around buildings etc, the normal lighting is enough to notice you, I don't need the stripes. I also hunt infiltrators with IR scope, so again, what you wear is irrelevant, for me.
  13. Monnor

How much hate us those devs, really...
  14. Monnor

Easy to say for someone whos practical invisible inside buildings and at night.
  15. Nehemia

Depends, those pedestrian safety reflectors are visible to at least one hundred meters. I didn't even know about their existence before my friend suddenly chuckled in skype and said. "Did you know that NC INFs have those pedestrian safety reflectors? Thanks to your camo you're pretty much invisible in night time to that rock, but those yellow glowing lines give away your position." I turn around and see my friend on a hill approximately 100 meters away. How stupid I felt.
  16. Xasapis

I have practically zero experience with infiltrators. I'm looking at them from the other end, as an engineer hunting my nemesis with extreme prejudice and with all means available (all my vehicles and guns got IR and I make my personal crusade to clear the surrounding mountains from the infiltrator infestation).

I don't play at night without IR and as you probably know, IR washes all colours away into shades of grey (and infiltrator outlines ;))
  17. Monnor

This invisible thing is not limited to your infiltrator.
  18. wingspan

It's dumb, and the people who make this game either don't play it or are bad at it...

But you'll already get spotted from the red dorito and name.
    Or your movement.
    Or simply the obvious shape against any terrain or structure.

But if the art team is reworking NC armor, I hope they fix the stupid LEGO or Megaman look we have going. Other factions look a lot better, sans our infiltrator.
  19. Calaerin

I see this argument come up in a lot of infil threads, and its false. Just cloak once and its gone, if you have a dorito as an infil you are bad and you should feel bad...

Totally agree.
  20. Warlyik

Surprised to see this thread keep getting bumped, honestly.

Devs don't give a ****. There are probably a few that have such hatred of Snipers that this was their "fix". Only, they forgot to make VS/TR versions the same.

To those saying "post a screenshot of the VS/TR infiltrators for comparison".. Uhh, why don't you? I don't have any TR/VS characters and don't care to make one. I already know, from playing the game, that their glows aren't noticeable. And if they were as egregious as ours, someone would've already posted them to say "quit whining". But nobody has. You know why. Because yet again, NC got screwed over. Even if they were as egregious, it would just back up the call for disabling this glow **** on the STEALTH unit.

As it is now, I prefer playing in broad daylight as an Infiltrator. That's how bad it is. Because I know at night, if I move even a slight bit, someone's going to notice the glow lines. That's how human vision works. It looks for and identifies sudden movement/irregularities very well. When you add contrast to the situation (what the glow lines are doing), it amplifies that tendency. There's no possible way you aren't going to see the NC Infiltrator. Even out of the corner of your eye, thanks to the glow, you will see them.

So again, I feel safer in broad daylight as an Infiltrator. And that's ******* sad for what's supposed to be the stealth unit.
    • Up x 1