PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. cruzinforit

Reporting in again, reinstalled game, latest drivers, everything. This. game. is. broken. FIX YOUR ****, SOE.
  2. HadesR

Tis a weird one .. Changed nothing .. Played on and off for 6 hours today .. Only one crash (compared to one per hour yesterday ) and that was just now when sound started to loop.
    Will see how it goes 2moro
  3. Colie

My game crashes every 5-20 minutes.
    Typically it occurs on death, but i've had it happen when entering menues, entering vehicles and even when just standing around with very little going on around me.

Very rarely have i been able to play over 30+ minutes without a crash, but i still have never logged out of the game myself, the game does it for me, usually at the worst possible time.

As a newcomer to the game, these constant crashes just make the game feel unpolished, and there's a good chance that other newcomers think the same way.

I sure hope it's fixed soon, or me and my money will be moving on to better games.

Me and many others would like to play Planetside 2 not Crashside 2.
  4. Asimplicity

Add me to the list. Game crashed every 20 to 30 minutes yesterday. Not as bad today but then there isn't as many people around playing on our server. Happens a lot when airships start ground-pounding forces with their big "woosh woosh woosh" gun. Also happens a lot when there are a lot of people around me.

Game freezes with the sound loop. I have to alt-tab out and restart the game if I wish to play.

I-7 processor
    Windows 7 64 bit
    16 gigs of ram
    gtx 680 videocard

I don't know all the specifics of my computer really, other then what I listed above, but it should run this game easily.
  5. hondaf17

Now that it's after Christmas maybe we'll hear something from SOE. Maybe not too.
  6. Money

Game was playing perfectly for me for ever then last week started crashing after an hour playtime. Computer is fine. Good specs. Good drivers
  7. KoooZ

My problem has gotten worse yet. Instead of just freezing and crashing, outside the warpgate I'm still logged into the world and seeing all the blue markers blinking around the place, I can't use terminals or actually land hits on anyone I see, but I still get killed. Eventually this leads to a crash.

There's no ~30minutes of good play anymore though, it just starts falling apart the second I step out into battle zones.
  8. Skaldir

I am really fed up with those crashes. One day the game will run fine or with just one crash, the next one it will crashes or flicker/freeze then CTD every 10 minutes. I can't even plan for a long session with my outfit by fear of those repetitive crashed.

I've send a support ticket, but none of the solutions the tech proposed; which i've already tried beforehand, worked. Seriously SOE the problem is on your end,
  9. Navoletti

i have error g30 after of 3 or 4 hours.....
  10. tomahawk72

I crash almost every hour on the hour and i have to do a force restart to get my computer working again
  11. Dhart

/bump- Using 64bit system with 6GB Ram... with a SSD HDD.

Game crashes only bearable because it seems to affect everyone in the zone or continent at the same time; but the frequency is going up. It's not even combat based. Just today I deployed a Sunder at an almost deserted base... 3 peep spawned and when I entered the equipment tab to swap explosives... game crash.

It wouldn't be so bad if when I logged back in 2 minutes later... if I was still at the base I was at... with my Sunder still deployed; but every single time... i start over in the Warp-gate...and sometimes not even on the same continent. Hell, I can't deploy another Sunder because I'm on cool-down...so it's not like you 'wiped the slate clean' by forcing me to start over. IF the game remembers how long ago I spawned a vehicle... how difficult is it to deploy me to the closest friendly base to the one I was booted from?

Give us as life-line please.
  12. have2laugh

or just fix it. Seriously...1 month and 20 pages of complaints and nothing?
  13. Foxhunterx

ok i have the same problem i crash like crazy mostly within the first 20 minutes ive tried everything that was told to me nothing seems to work havent heard anything back from tech support for over a week now would be nice to play and heres my specs find a problem tell me and ill deal with it id just like to find out what the problem is so it can be fixed

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12280MB RAM
    Page File: 2853MB used, 21703MB available
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 560
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 4047 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1999 MB
    Shared Memory: 2048 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Drive: C:
    Free Space: 756.5 GB
    Total Space: 953.8 GB
    File System: NTFS
  14. YoadaUTF

Every 45m to a hour like clock work, My game crashes... also when logging out it crashes it does not just log out without a error
  15. Asimplicity

Crashed again. This is getting old real fast? Any word?

I wasn't even actually in a gunfight. I was going up stairs in a base that wasn't even being attacked. Heck there might have been 10 people in the area. Game just freezes and I have to alt tab out and wait for windows to tell me the game has stopped responding. It doesn't do this in any other game. Hell, my computer has never done this in anything!

i7 cpu (some number no idea)
    750 power supply (don't know who makes it)
    Windows 7 64 bit (Microsoft)
    16 gb RAM (clueless)
    EVGA GTX 680
    Rat 7 mouse
    Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard (I think Razor)
    Bose headphones
    Voices turned off. (this has actually allowed me to play longer before freezes)
  16. Asimplicity

And I just got kicked again. Screen started flickers blue..then back to normal..then blue...then normal every time I took a step or turned to face a different direction. After about a minute of this..the screen froze..again...
  17. Asimplicity

and I just froze and crashed again..this time in a big gun fight and there was some lag before it went...

i7 cpu (some number no idea)
    750 power supply (don't know who makes it)
    Windows 7 64 bit (Microsoft)
    16 gb RAM (clueless)
    EVGA GTX 680
    Rat 7 mouse
    Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard (I think Razor)
    Bose headphones
    Voices turned off. (this has actually allowed me to play longer before freezes)
  18. Asimplicity

Oh and btw, this is only been happening for the last 4-5 days.
  19. BobJohnson

I was crashing every 15 minutes on the 24th, but only twice yesterday in the 6ish hours I played and only once today.

As as the posted above me stated, these crashes are new.
  20. orionX65

Game didn't crash a single time from launch up to two weeks ago, since then it has been crashing every 1-2 hour and sometimes only minutes after logging in. When the crashing began i had been using the same setup with no hardware/software changes since launch (win 7 x64, i5 2500k, gtx 560 ti, 8 gb ram).

I recently decided it's time for a upgrade so i installed Windows 8 x64 on a new SSD and bought a GTX 680, on this fresh install the same crashing continues.