What's up with the triple loading screen?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WilliamB, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Jac70

It could be that the area you are entering needs assets from 3 of the compressed files so loads each one. So it might not be an actual bug but the psychological effect of seeing something load to 100% and then seemingly start again is what annoys people.This is why I haven't reported it as a bug before.

Could be wrong though.....
  2. Cl1mh4224rd

This is a known issue. i created a thread a couple of weeks ago about the very same thing. One of the developers responded, stated that he's working on it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Leron

Cl1mh4224rd can you please repeat one more time so we can all understand better what you said? thanks

And that's how useful threads get locked...
  4. Cl1mh4224rd

whhoooaaaa... sorry, folks. firefox on my android phone kept telling me the server failed to respond. now opera will not let me use the shift or alt keys. wonderful. edit: the sad thing is, people will still somehow fail to see what i typed.
  5. MaddBomber

One month later...

To be fair, this was just tongue in cheek ;).
    • Up x 1
  6. The Flask

I remember I already had this issue since I started playing at the beginning of double xp weekend. I figured it had something to do spawnpoints that are taken over or destroyed right when you try to spawn there. But it could also be random, I never bothered to check.
  7. L33T-T3CH

best i can tell it happens more offten when a location thats really far from where you died. for example the warpgate is almost always out of range of where any of the real combat is happening on indar so if you die at the crown and spawn at the warpgate you will load 3 different times to that spot. almost like if your char is switching zone servers 1 by 1 till reaching the correct zone server.
    • Up x 3
  8. Utherix

This is a bug since way back in beta. Everyone I have talked to has experienced at one point or another. It seems to occur randomly on all continents and any loading screen.

Its really harmless and fairly rare, so I can understand why it wasn't fixed.
    • Up x 1
  9. Vanon

it's been happening since release. it happens sometimes when switching gunner seats on squad locked vehicles with driver seats, also when respawning to a base far from where you last where. The reloading screen is the same screen just reloads 3x.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ileko

11. Batsteg

I get this alot too, usually if i'm spawning further away into another hex.
  12. Fulmir

Been playing since a few days before the big patch and it's been happening at least since then. To describe the exact behavior:

On respawn the first loading screen appears, the bar fills very quickly then two more loading screens appear in fairly quick succession. Generally the second screen has a different picture and the third one has the same picture as the first. All three have their bars fill very quickly. There is no interruption in in-game voice communication while this is going on. This seems to happen most often when changing areas and/or in a large combat.
  13. Joe_da_cro

i have been getting double tripple load screens since the start although i have noticed it when near the centre of the maps. or when approaching the centre of maps. i always thought it was the game loading the 2/3 different environments in which you are close to. i.e which will you will be able to see as soon as you load in. but then again this was my assumption. also this is only really a problem with people with minimal ram once you gets 8gb+ the ram cache should have the files stored in the ram so it is quick. i used to have this game on an old laptop HDD and i never had to wait any longer as i do on my ssd in which i play it on now.
  14. Biytor

Since release. It mainly happens when you move from spawning near where you died to spawning outside the territory you are fighting for. Ex. Fighting a Sandstone Gulch and decide to go back to the warp gate and grab a tank = Triple loading screen or back to Havar or anywhere but the hexs that make up Sandstone.
  15. Skadi

Happens when getting in and out of vehicles
  16. Saydian

Been Happening for a about two weeks for me. On Character select spawn in it's fine but anytime I die and have to respawn or go to a different zone it does this.
    • Up x 1
  17. Techlore

had this issue since the the first time i played in beta (about a month or so).
    i run on a REALLY old system and chalked it up to that.
  18. Dovahkiin

I get this too.

Although annoying, It doesn't seem to do any harm so I don't care.
  19. JPRampage

I think the weirdest issue is that if you spawn on a sundy, the first loading screen spawns you and makes you vulnerable. The second two are then pauses in which, most of the time, I get killed if it's a vulnerable sunderer.
    • Up x 1
  20. Talizzar

I seem to notice it more when I die as a MAX. For me it has only been in the last couple of days that this has started along with odd crashes. I rebooted the computer and crashes seemed to have stopped. I have also seen a black screen when hot deploying into a zone when it takes a while before the sky renders. Once I crashed when it did that. This is new too.