[Suggestion] Liberators need a Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cute-CandyPants, Dec 22, 2012.

1. phungus420

Nah, it's fine it's a free game. Lib would be easy to fix too, just reduce the HP of the thing, it's way, way too beefy, like it has double the health it should have. Also the Dalton round needs to both move slower, so it will take skill to hit fighters, and have it's explosive radius significantly reduced so it's not so good at taking out Infantry. The choice to take a Zepher over a Dalton should be hard for the player to make, not just lol Dalton god mode as it is now.
  2. ent|ty

It's not SOE's fault, it's the players.

It's not the game, it's the players.

No. Our air needs to stop shooting at infantry and spawn rooms and start attacking the Libs instead.. en masse. No nerfs needed.
    Players need a good slap upside the head though. Air vs air, tanks vs tanks, infantry vs infantry.
  3. KodiakX

There's so much misinformation in this thread it's pretty disgusting and you won't get anything fixed if you are going to lie and/or exaggerate.

1. You can't sit at the flight cap and Zepher anything. This is because of how the Rendering issues prioritize assets in game. At the flight cap all you can see is vehicles because they have priority over infantry and the Zepher against armor is crap. This means you have to get in close so you can properly render targets which will put your lib into AA range easily.

2. Daltons can sit at the flight cap and bomb vehicles and be out of an AA Max's range. However the projectile travel time means that this really only works on stationary targets as a mobile target is very easy to miss at this range. Sure you'll have a few great shots but for the most part if you keep moving you won't get hit.

3. There are more counters to air than just ground based AA, such as ESFs. Simply writing these off or saying 2-3 are required when you're talking about going up against a mandatory 2-3 player vehicle to be effective. Repeatedly attacking and then pulling off only to attack again works amazing against any Lib.

The whole trend of coming to the forums and complaining about anything at all is getting old. I completely agree that this game doesn't have enough focus on infantry fights but that should be addressed as it's own topic rather than try to create some witch hunt after each patch for the next thing.
  4. Tapioca Express

libs are fine the way they are. for me, libs are point farms. If i see a lib thats been wrecking things up, i redeploy to the closest air pad and grab an esf. Fly to that lib, nosegun spam and afterburn into it to instakill it. Roadkill, group kill, streak stop, lib kill, 2 player kill exp, and all it took is 2 mins tops. Seriously, get an esf and ram the stupid thing. You get so many delicious angry tells when you do.
  5. phungus420

If the ESF is supposedly the counter to liberators then 2-3 skilled ESFs shouldn't be needed to counter 2-3 equally skilled players in a lib. It's not a counter, it's equal. I do both alot, and my lib does not die to an ESF unless I'm being reckless and take over half damage from flak or there are 3 or more skilled ESFs attacking me. Please spare me the "I take out libs all the time withe my ESF", so do I, it's easy against most pilots with a nose gun and rocket pods (though why you need a ground attacking loadout to be effective against libs is another issue, also I now loadout the nose gun instead of the rotary by default because of this as you only need the rotary against 1/10 pilots, most can be handled pretty easily with the nose gun). The issue with the liberator is that it can tank damage better then anything in the game, including MBTs, all while possessing the highest firepower in the game and great mobility as they are in the air (and while not maneuverable they are fast compared to any ground vehicle). That's ridiculous from a game balancing perspective.

I really wish though people would stop just whining and just abusing the Liberator more, like I do. That's how you get devs to fix broken crap like the current incarnation of the liberator, whining does nothing, you need to demonstrate how broken it is by abusing it repeatedly and often.
  6. phungus420

Seriously stop pretending like the fact you can own newbie pilots means anything.
  7. QuantumGuard

Of course Lib pilots/gunners are going to protect their farming machines that take no skill. And of course they will exaggerate rendering issues. And tons of unproductive - you gotta move, you gotta do this and that. Yeah, you go on ground, and try that, then we will talk.

The very first time I jumped into zephyr lib, I farmed dozens of infantry. It's funny how you fly around and kill little insects who can't do anything against you. If we did get damaged a bit by ground AA, just fly behind rocks and repair. Rinse, repeat.

Plus let's not forget about the BS that is Libs firing horizontally. You just pitch your nose a bit high and your gunner has a perfect shot inside of a biolab. Tons of kills are ensured. And most of the time, enemy infantry can't fire back, you don't even have to line direct shots. Just around the corner.

Right now, when I see a lib over contested base and there are not a lot of us I just leave. Because I don't want to be a farm pinata for someone.
  8. lyravega

CALL FOR AIR SUPPORT THEN

I've had enough of this "omg we weren't able to get out cuz of one blah blah" "zomg rocket pod spamming nerf" "DUDE THIS BURSTER IS USELESS!!!!111" topics.

And stop exaggerating stuff. If you had 5 MAX units with dual bursters, but were dumb enough to clump up and stay next to each other, then you deserve to die. Do that, and I might ram you with my galaxy, it's that kind of delicious target to die for.
  9. Tapioca Express

wait what? you're telling me that somehow amazing lib pilots can dodge an afterburning esf? What do they have? level 15 high-g airframe? You fly in a straight line directly at the lib and crash into it. Its impossible for a lib to out jook an esf no matter how horrible you are at flying an esf. if you can crash into a tree then you can crash into a lib. I'm not talking about gunning down a lib, i'm talking about smashing into it at top speed for an instakill. Reading comprehension please.
  10. phungus420

I ram ESFs all the time in my lib, you usually take about 1/2 damage, but I've never died doing it. If you mean that to take out a lib you need to be a Kamakazi then OK, but that doesn't really mean that the lib is balanced if it's counter needs to suicide to take it out. You apparently don't just lack reading comprehension you just lack basic reasoning skills.
  11. Nofreenames

kodiakx you can kill things that havent rendered, if you aim useing the minimap instead of going by what you can see on screen you can still kill them, since vehicals render furthest out and thats 800 and the flight cap is 1000 you can be invisible and essentially invincible to ground units since your projectiles wont load either.

thats wht people are complaining about with max altitude libs

rendering is a problem for everyone, not just esf pilots dealing with MAX AA
  12. LameFox

The more threads I see the more I know it has to be done: disable spawn rooms in contested areas. People are not smart enough to know when not to use it.
  13. LameFox

Only mines, C4 and the like will damage targets that aren't rendered for you. It is literally impossible in this game for a liberator to hurt someone who hasn't rendered to it.
  14. Nofreenames

LameFox I tried it earlier today and my gunner was gettin kills so I know it works, if its a glitch with daltons thats happening i dont know, but I know my gunner nailed a couple mags and a group of infantry before a2a planes got us.
  15. DeadlyShoe

Liberators are incredibly bad at killing things they arn't rendering. God knows I've done enough sunderer attack runs to know. You can pump 10 dalton shots into/around sunderer surrounded by infantry without scoring a singlekill, while it just gets repaired.
    any pilot who knows what they are doing can counter a lib
    i'm a bad ESF pilot, really bad, I hit trees and **** all the time. But I know how to counter a lib, and that's just to stay at range and in difficult arcs, and I know how to do this perfectly because I am a liberator pilot. One ESF can counter even the most skilled liberator. A2A and default noseguns are simply way more accurate than anything a liberator can toss back at you.

suicide ESF is a joke, unreliable and pointless. JUST SHOOT IT, FOX!
  16. Ausk

simply set the zephers magazine size to 1 and decrease the reload time a bit more, do NOT change the damage, splash, etc... its fine as its. its simply the fact that they have so many shots which causes them to be extremely versatile bombers, no other non-infantry unit in the game ( excluding rocket pods maybe ) is that versatile.
    • Up x 1
  17. Sinoby

I'm pretty sure you can not damage anything, that is rendered, we have tried numerous times - you have to see it to kill it.
    Again - people complaining about hovering libs shoulg realise that those are tbe easiest targets for dumbfire and tanks. Hover is not the problem, competent pilots are.
    It has been said many times, but i will repeat - a single esf with rocketpods is a big problem for any lib. As esf pilot you soften lib up from a distance with rotary, then go from top and finish him with rocketpods.
    Aa Maxes are dangerous too. But they shouldn't be standing in 1 group. Maxes should spread out as much as possible an d after that killing a lib or at least making him run away is not a problem.
    Fact is - if 15 people are being spawn camped buy the lib, and they kep running out of the spawn to die again - they should really reconsider theirs playstyle.
  18. Sinoby

Wait, you didn't just said, that bomber is good at bombing?
  19. Ausk

no moron, i said its too versatile of a bomber. The refire rate on it is so high that it requires absolutely no skill to be effective as long as your pilot is skilled

edit. last post i meant to say decrease reload time a bit, i have edited it to reflect this
  20. Sinoby

But then zephyr will become a worse version of dalton... Zephyr doesn't oneshot infantry while dalton does. I believe that projectile speed of dalton is faster, so such zephyr will not be useful at all.
    The way I see it - they should nerf the ammo capacity of lib, to decrese it's up-time. Because right now as ammount of ammon it can carry is absurd.