[Suggestion] Liberators need a Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cute-CandyPants, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Cute-CandyPants

im sorry but who ever says they are fine needs their head examining

liberators need a serious fix and nerfed,we had like 20 people that couldnt get out the spawn because 1 liberator was hovering over the top of the spawn so you couldnt see it,when ever anyone tryed to get a shot off at it,they just got nuked.

not only that the same liberator seemed to follow us to the next spawn,we had all our anti air max units with dual bursters out,about 5 of us maybe hit it once before it nuked us all,and the funyn thing is i have max lvl flak armor on my max unit which is 25% explosions reduction and i died in like 2 seconds,then it went to the usual garbage of him sitting above the spawn nuking anyone that tryed to get out.

who ever designed the continents needs a serious boot were the sun dont shine and pulling his finger out to make bases so they cant be bombard spammed by vehicles and air,because their is no dam cover or anything on most of them and far to open.

but again nerf the dam liberator its a joke.
    • Up x 3
  2. Poopypants

no
    • Up x 5
  3. Badname3073

• Up x 3
  4. Gavyne

/support

AA MAX seems to be able to handle ESF now, not easy but doable. But now Liberators have become farmer's choice and they're hovering at max altitude bombing & laughing at ground units. Terrain and bases design play a big part with how players feel ingame with this whole air vs ground. There's simply not enough cover, and bases have big holes as if the devs want the flyboy farmers to shoot into them and farm infantry.

I normally would tell you to spawn elsewhere, but today I spawned at 3 different locations and died within 5 seconds of leaving by air units. I got fed up with it and got out my AA MAX, along with 3 other AA MAX we started shooting. One ESF blew up, while one single Liberator blew us all up in seconds.

The balance is truly out of whack, it's the first time I'll say it because I haven't seen it this bad. Some claim due to 3x sc bonus that ground is "Fine" now. LOL no, ground is not fine, you simply have more pilots now and more rocket pods & more dalton & more liberators flying.

Edit: I'll say nerfs are probably not necessary if they just design the terrain and bases better. In BF3 you got jungles, urban warfare maps, buildings where it actually shields you from air. Here even inside buildings, you get splash damage and you'll still eventually die.
    • Up x 2
  5. Holeshot

Try flying a Liberator and then you will get the real punchline.

If a lib has you trapped in a spawn your done otherwise they are a pain to get in close enough to real anti air to do anything effective.

Spread out your anti air and they wont even have a chance to get close to lay a bead on you.
  6. Conq

/support

The finger of God needs to be nerfed. Infantry combat sucks enough already.
    • Up x 2
  7. Sconna

Nice way to start the first post in a thread /sarcasm

You're exaggerating way too much. If you truly had 5 dual maxes out shooting at the liberator at the same time, it would've been destroyed extremely quick unless it was above 600m from, but if it was it wouldn't have been able to render you since the rendering distance is bad in the moment. Also if there's a liberator farming you, don't spawn at the same location and go out continuing to become farmed, respawn at an airbase and buy a fighter and shoot down the liberator. A liberator is very vulnerable to fighters especially against good fighters who can easily take one down.

l2p plsssssssssssss!11111
    • Up x 1
  8. Xenthian

At the moment I'd say their fine (if it wasn't a lib camping it'd be 2 tanks...)

But, after the render issues are addressed, I can then foresee Liberators being stupidly OP. While I do think maxes should render for lib's, to a certain point (ie:they shouldn't render while the lib is at max altitude) maxes in turn will need a increase in their standard explosives resistance, or AA bursters will be lib fodder (lets face it, something that requires people to group up to deter/kill you, shouldn't be a 1 magazine AoE slaughter-fest from max altitude).
  9. Sconna

I would say that if you shoot from anywhere no matter the distance the explosion should hit the people who are standing there. I can see the problems with liberator max distance spamming though which could potentially become gamebreaking, so I hope a balance will be found.
  10. Headlessnewt

So, I think Liberator armor/health might be a LITTLE bit high, but I've had nights where I got Liberator camped like you did. A friend of mine has proposed that the Liberator flight ceiling be reduced, but really, the truth is that getting spawn camped by a liberator sucks.

The solution is to redeploy to your Warp Gate, get your butt in an ESF and go hunt the mother down. Get a friend to help you if you're a failure pilot.

Or, if you want a more hilarious solution: get your own Liberator and fly yours at full speed into theirs. If you're Light Assault you can even hop out right before impact and live. You get bonus ramming and roadkill XP for it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gavyne

I can honestly deal with tanks, there are many classes ingame that can counter tanks as-is. Only time it's a problem is when there's a tank spam, but it happens, when you are that greatly outnumbered you expect to die. But one Liberator can wipe a squad and more, and their tanks, and their sunderer, and yes the AA MAX that people keep talking highly about, they blow up in seconds.
  12. icesail

Easy fix for the lib.. remove hovering while equiping Dalton/zepher.... you know, the added weight of the cannons makes hover impossible, therefore the plane has to be constantly moving in order to generate enough lift..... If they want to farm, at least make it so the pilot has to have some skill while circling and the gunners have some skill aiming on the move....
    • Up x 4
  13. CobraBoss

What makes you say that the fact that it takes 12 rockets or 5600 skyguard shots ?
    Or the fact that one zepher gunner can take out 3 platoons in one run ?
    lol...
  14. Gavyne

Like how they have it with helicopters in Battlefield Bad Company 2. They're a pain in the rear, but they don't get guaranteed shots, as they have to circle like a helicopter do and avoid incoming rockets. At this point in time anything would help. But I don't know if they'll actually do much as the devs openly stated that they love flying. This is the first time I'm quite disappointed at the Planetside 2 devs because they may have put their personal interest ahead of the overall health of the game.
    • Up x 3
  15. Telamon

use the default rocket for AA, even though its way harder to hit it will 1 shot esf's and 3-4 shots lib's
  16. Daedrick

PROBLEM IS NOT THE LIBERATOR, ITS THE TERRIBLE BASE DESIGN AND SPAWN CAMPING!

Bump, whine, yell, post, ask everydays for base design overhaul, SOE need to pull their head out of their butthole.
  17. iller

Zypher spam would be balanced if both LA's & HA's had Hawk missiles as optional-Stock Unlock.

....Also SOE says they want to buff Infiltrator Spotting somehow. Maybe they'll figure out a way to make it especially effective against long-range Vehicles since the INF is the only class in the game who has zero unlocks that affect Vehicles currently.
  18. NCf00

The only effective counter to Libs are NC Vanguard Titan AP shots - 2 shots to kill. Dual Burster MAX is a pitiful sight to behold firing upon a Lib and the lock-on Ground/Air missiles for HA are a pathetic joke, as they can be flare/chaffed away, or even outrun, or a quick jerk-movement.

NC ESF always appears to lose in Air Combat, so better AA infantry weapons are needed. Unless the original Skyguard buggy is brought back with a buffed flak-cannon...
  19. andygoth

The liberator should not take more missile hits to take down than a main battle tank.
    • Up x 2
  20. Telamon

it doesnt if you use the default rocket