Annihilator Rocket Launcher - Well F Me I Guess

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ToolMan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Meiu

Actually no, there are not two definitions to pay2win. The only definition to pay2win is having access with real money to advantages that are impossible to acquire without equal or greater investment with real cash. What you are saying is pay2avoidgrinding. There is nothing about this game that is pay2win currently. Due to the fact the only things that can be purchased with exclusively cash are cosmetic. What you are doing is making up definitions to suit your argument.
    • Up x 2
  2. Meiu

I will not be purchasing it, the lockons are already trash. If you play NC your ground lockon only works on 50% of the enemy MBTs since they fly and land below magrider chasis, it will miss even more if the magriders have the chasis upgrade for more lift. The Air lockon rarely hits ESFs, and the targets it reliably hits it barely hurts (liberators and galaxies). So with a damage decrease, these launchers would require 100% accuracy on fire and always hit targets otherwise it's actually a downgrade from any other launcher due to no dumbfire (which is more accurate than the lockon fire) and reduced damage.
  3. HoriZon357

Wow, at first I hated you, but now I watched the video and know exactly what you are referring too. I second you for Rocket Engineer Candidate #1. This also alleviates the fire-and-forget non skill, I know what you mean. All I know is history repeats itself and think SOE would be wise, and all involved parties would benefit by following what Battlefield has discovered through the years of balence. All I can say is this, softies r ****** on the ground, at least within two bunny hops, with 200+ planes in the air.

Would be nice if when an air encounter happened, and you happened to be HA, and happened to have the launcher, that you had a chance. I mean even these are low odds, its not freakin OP.

TRACERS FOR THE WIN...HOKI FOR ROCKET ENGINEER #1
  4. Iksniljiksul

Hopefully it will actually hit targets, unlike what they have done in the current build of the game. AA missiles were fine until they decided they were not fine and "buffed" them. Ha! Now they don't hit a ****ing thing! I actually used to get kills with the Grounder, now I can spam them all day long and end up with not a single hit. I assume they are just meant to be pointers by which aircraft targets infantry. Cool I hear beeping! Oh look at the slow moving flare! Must be something to kill over there!
  5. Ripshaft

The only thing this game got from diablo 3 was the idiots who troll their forums, and the kids who believe them. If you think this launcher performs the jobs of both launchers equally effectively, you're an idiot.
  6. Limabean

They should use(infil with a laser) to mark targets and another HA can launch, would be the most powerful since two ppl needed. Any target . Oh the whine from such a joyous weapon system.
  7. Kurreah

Once again: it is the loss of dumb-fire ability that is the primary balancing factor.
    Take a moment to actually think about what that means: -
    No ducking fast around cover to blast a close-range tank: You will have to stand in sight of a target capable of one-shotting you for several seconds before your weapon will even shoot.
    No hitting MAXs or troop concentrations with it. No shooting through a window with it to hit the people inside.
    No killing turrets with it if locked-on missiles still strike the platform and not the turret.
    No sudden surprise ambushes. Anything that you try to hit will have several seconds of lock-on warning before you can even fire the weapon.
    No hitting exposed parts of targets in cover or below horizon. Lock-ons only work when the center of the target is exposed, and only aim for the center. A tank being repaired with its middle behind a rock, or an exposed turret shooting over a hill cannot be attacked with a lock-on.
  8. Vytality

Honestly, this is what I was expecting to get when I bought the Crow and Hawk on my first day as HA. I was somewhat surprised at the lack of damage. After the AA (de)buff, I hardly play HA.
  9. Revanmug

Not so long ago, the forum had a disgusting outrage when they talk about removing the dumbfire ability of the 2 current launcher. Losers were completly mad that they lose that ability since lock on launcher were pretty useless.

The Devs scrap that and introduce a lock only launcher with different stat and what do we have here?!
    The same ******* disgusting outrage but this time, it's because lock on only launcher are way too powerful.

The majority of people are simply ****** on this forum.
  10. TheScapegoat

Had fun today dodging people trial purchasing the Annihilator, all you had to too was come near the Crown and you'd be lit with lock on warnings/launches. Can't remember a time I've had to flare so often.
  11. Revanmug

The annihilator ain't even ingame right now. Placebo effect is just so much fun.
    • Up x 1
  12. OneShadowWarrior

Basically a Terran Empire Striker from Planetside 1. Why did they even deviate from the original game is beyond me.....
  13. QuantumMechanic

I'm surprised that Heavy Assault is getting so much love lately. They already are pretty diverse in weapon options (although I'd like to see them have access to assault rifles).

Do we really need more rocket launcher options at this point? I recall hearing that the old empire-specifc rocket launchers will be coming as well (striker, phoneix and lancer).

Next week: the Desiccator, which is lock on air, dumbfire on ground on Monday through Thursday. On Friday / Saturday it is lock on ground, and dumb fire on air. And then on Sunday it's both lock on infantry as well as dumbfire on infantry. Fun!
  14. Whoopsie

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE EVEN COMPLAINING! PS2 WAS INTENDED FROM THE START TO BE A P2W SHUSH UP ABOUT IT!
  15. forkyar

16. TheScapegoat

My bad just assumed - I don't play heavy often so I didn't even bother to look in the store; just assumed the constant barrage of rockets was the new toy. Guess some grounders were in the area.
  17. foam

Maybe this launcher will have a nice slightly grayer texture than the decimator. Perhaps some microscopic bits will be added into the actual model too. Gotta love SOE's art department, really pumping out the unique models for all weapons.

/sarcasm

The production values are getting so low its actually cringe worthy. In a world of sidegrades, you'd think visual look would be up there in the important factor. Apparently taking the default NC launcher and re-texturing it gray is considered triple AAA title new content.
    • Up x 1
  18. Yeo-Yin

no.

Pay2Win is "pay to win".So it can be "pay to win all the time (vs people who don't)" or "pay to win more often (vs people who don't)". The definition is not your property (nor mine, i can't force the definition to mean this or that). Pay2Win is only the "pay to win" with the pun on "2" sounding like "to" when you say it. It's not something in the dictionnary, it doesn't have a clear definition.

And actually it's why there is so much problem on the forums, with people saying "it's a pay to win" "no, it's not a pay to win" etc.
    First of all, give your definition. Then, prove if this game suit your definition.

There is the same problem with the "elo hell" : everybody talk about it but nobody give a definition and everyone has its own definition in mind.
  19. Meiu

Stop making allusions to stuff has has no relevance to this argument. Pay2win only has one definition and that is paying money for something that gives an advantage and the only way to be on even ground is being forced to also pay money. This game is pay2notgrind, not pay2win. You keep making things up to suit your argument when you are wrong.

Also, you prove once again you don't know what you are talking about. Elo Hell doesn't exist in League of Legends, the only reason that concept is around is a way for people to refuse to acknowledge the issue is their gameplay because people want to think they are the best at everything and can't be just one of the normal or not good people. Not only that, Solo queue is inherently flawed because the game isn't balanced around it like it is premade 5s (as has been stated by a number of RIOTers).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect This is the entire basis for Elo Hell. Essentially all bad players call their true Elo, Elo Hell because that is the point their skill isn't high enough to carry a game and thus begin to blame everyone else for their failure.
  20. Yeo-Yin

No. Is there a way to be more clear ? No no no no.
    You are not the owner of the knowledge, you are not the-one-who-decides-of-everything. "pay2win", "pay2notgrinding", "pay4convenience", "pay2play" and a lot of "cool and so in' " sentences are not more than they said.
    Pay to win. Walk to go somewhere. Eat to don't die. Sleep to have a rest.
    You see ? A lot of sentences that everyone can understand, at least a bit. I don't need to pretend to be the guardian of knowledge to explain what they mean.
    I gave 2 meaning of "pay2win" because it's the 2 meaning i meet most of time. Maybe i even can find some others. They won't be "less exact" , "less true" or whatever.

I REALLY don't want to talk once again about the elo hell but ...

ok, first you say that it doesn't exist then you say that the dunning-kruger effect is its basis. So, something is the basis of a thing that doesn't exist ? Or do you have your own definition of the word "exist", master-of-memories-and-meanings ?

Actually, i already gave a proof that is exists, and no, my proof was not "omg i played XXX times and look what i met". It was a proof based on the fact that people get better with time and that new player still arrive at 1200 elo.

To resume that, just imagine that you let people in ranked play for 1000 years. They won't have a high elo, but even 1k elo will be equivalent to our actual 2k elo. Now, put new players: they arrive at 1200 elo, so they are really weaker than player who play for 1000 year.
    Basically, it's that. It's like inflation. For the same elo, the more the time pass, the more the skill of player at that elo will be high, but new player will arrive with 1200 elo and a poor level. If you are stronger than 1200 elo at any time (you improve your skill with others and so) you can pass the course and you won't have problem with the elo hell. If you worth 1200 elo at anytime, you won't be able to pass the course, and you'll always have newbies in your team and in the other team.

My definition of elo hell, is the interval of elo where your impact on the game is very very low. You can have easy win of free loose but you can't really change it.
    It's better when i can explain it in my own language.